Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 12:07 PM

14,249 posts, read 17,853,061 times

Advertisements

Gang fight in Blackhill last night

A 21-year-old man is in a critical condition in hospital after a fight involving about 20 men and women armed with baseball bats and shovels.

BBC News - Man beaten with bats and shovels in Glasgow gang fight

No reports of muslims being involved

Old 12-27-2010, 01:42 PM

7,964 posts, read 11,805,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Gang fight in Blackhill last night

A 21-year-old man is in a critical condition in hospital after a fight involving about 20 men and women armed with baseball bats and shovels.

BBC News - Man beaten with bats and shovels in Glasgow gang fight

No reports of muslims being involved
there is plenty examples of asian on white and white on asian violence in the uk, maybe its not a race thing maybe its just a violent society thing, but it does appear to be an 'us and them' type of situation with white and asian youths, and some of the storys you read in the paper are truly shoking

Old 12-27-2010, 02:44 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,864,274 times
I can't believe Europeans still make excuses for the Islamicization of their countries in the name of not trying to sound racist.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:50 PM

fair point

Old 12-28-2010, 01:34 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,690,372 times
It's called "Islamification" VTHokieFan, and I would worry about your own country if I were you, you have a lot to worry about.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:58 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,312,863 times
Sharia Law is already being imposed in Britain:

What isn't wrong with Sharia law? | Law | guardian.co.uk

I wouldn't want to be a Muslim woman persuaded to accept lesser human rights than my non-Muslim counterpart. There are also Jewish courts imposing religious judgements. So much for everyone being equal in the eyes of the law.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:29 AM

2,210 posts, read 7,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
Sharia Law is already being imposed in Britain:

What isn't wrong with Sharia law? | Law | guardian.co.uk

I wouldn't want to be a Muslim woman persuaded to accept lesser human rights than my non-Muslim counterpart. There are also Jewish courts imposing religious judgements. So much for everyone being equal in the eyes of the law.
My one quibble with the bolded part of your post is that it implies the the UK has adopted Sharia as the law of the land - just look at the misguided posts from typical half educated people (cough Americans cough cough) who believe just that - and that it is being applied to all residents.

The article you quoted does though bring up a good point about people, usually women in some communities who are pressured to accept the rulings of the religious courts in family matters which offer far fewer rights than the regular British courts.
Just to be clear though that Muslims are free to apply to the British courts for their full legal rights if they choose.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:05 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,611,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
do you live in A HEAVILY populated asian comunity? i think you dont have a clue whats actually going on in places like dundee, glasgow, birmingham, bradford, leeds and london, where there is massive asian comunities. and white youths and asian youth gangs fight most weekends, there is countless incidents of this, see a few attached, it is becoming a huge problem and if people dont realise this then their eyes need opening, these are a few examples:

Murder of Kriss Donald - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Asian Youth Fight Back The Attacks (http://www.bannedthought.net/india/PeoplesMarch/PM1999-2006/archives/2001/sep2k1/asian.htm - broken link)

Racist Asian denies murdering a white man - another anti-white racist murder?

Police fear new riots as white youth dies after fight | Mail Online

nope, I live in the American south. If you want to convince me that the UK is a relatively dangerous country, then you could start by comparing it to the poor and ghetto areas of the United States -- to say nothing of Africa or the third world. Otherwise, a few links ain't gonna cut it.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:28 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,864,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
It's called "Islamification" VTHokieFan, and I would worry about your own country if I were you, you have a lot to worry about.
Sorry. Islamification yielded no results in the American dictionary. And I will worry. Everytime Europe screws up, guess who gets drafted to come bail you out and fight your battles

Old 12-28-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
nope, I live in the American south. If you want to convince me that the UK is a relatively dangerous country, then you could start by comparing it to the poor and ghetto areas of the United States -- to say nothing of Africa or the third world. Otherwise, a few links ain't gonna cut it.
dont be stupid this is not about america, if im commenting on my country, its nothing to do with whats going on in your country, typical american, get of your high horse, the world has other issues than american ones, it doesn't matter that america is more violent, this is a british issue concerning british people, its a problem in britain, and just because its not as bad as the ghettos in america, doesn't mean its not a problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom