U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 10:45 AM

14,927 posts, read 8,923,013 times

Advertisements

No, they're there because the houses are empty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 10:48 AM

10,646 posts, read 6,631,360 times
There was an episode of 'Secret Millionaire' around Anfield and it did look bleak.

Liverpool and Everton are both looking to have new stadia, so I believe.

Here's a thought- share one. If Inter and AC Milan can do it why not the Reds and Blues?

It might be the boot up the backside this city needs.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:38 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,833,631 times
That would be fantastic. My hometown had a league and non-league side who both insisted on keeping their own grounds. Both are now owned by property speculators.

Although such streets can be found across Liverpool, especially since the Pathfinder Scheme lost funding, I suspect the ones around Anfield Stadium were compulsory purchased as part of a wider stadium development that seems to be permanently delayed.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:33 PM

5,091 posts, read 3,286,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpoolfan13 View Post
Is the work/jobs not good there or something?
I see nothing wrong with dreams as long as you are aware of the harsh realities of current life there. You should do some in depth researching before ever considering such a move. I suppose it would still be ok if you happened to be wealthy. That was an Interesting article on Liverpool, thanks for posting the link.

I'd wager there are some people in the UK that like and follow American football and haven't been to their favorite teams hometown. There's nothing really wrong with that.

People have had pipe dreams long before the internet became a household item. People searching for their own utopia, reading and seeing photos of what to them might seem the perfect place to live. A few make the journey, for the rest if it helps to make the present more bearable through a bit of escapism whats the harm.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:29 PM

76 posts, read 56,605 times
I like Liverpool city, as the people are very friendly there. Its ample history makes it a perfect destination to explore Englandís vast culture. Liverpool is cheaper than London.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom