Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 08:51 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,470,737 times

Advertisements

Well thats weird because Ireland would not have any mixing with Scandinavia.
In Northern Ireland most do have blue eyes but there are still quite a few without blue eyes.[/quote]

Do you think everyone has to mix with Scandinavians to have blue eyes? Ireland is as far north as countries like Denmark so why would they not be blue eyed?

Nothing weird about it. I'm blue eyed and it is very typical of Irish people. I don't have any ancestry other than Irish (that I know of anyway). The Irish are more blue eyed than the English.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:54 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,874,995 times
Exactly.

He is Australian. I think I know my own island. And it is definitely lighter in Northern Ireland.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Exactly.

He is Australian. I think I know my own island. And it is definitely lighter in Northern Ireland.
That survey was carried out in the 40s and only included males and was not an all Ireland survey. Even in that survey only 40% are dark brown not the majority. A more accurate result would be to include females as well as they are usually lighter haired than the males.

I'm Irish. My family migrated from Ireland to Australia. I've told you this previously. I was born there and all my family for generations. I'm also not a he. There are more up to date statistics showing more accurate results from an Irish scientific journal that Saxonwold has referenced from 1997. You also claimed the Irish were majority brown eyed which is completely off the mark so you can't really claim you know what you are talking about.

The Northern Irish are the same genetically as the rest of Ireland so why should they be any different? You seem to be under the erroneous impression that they are different. There is very little genetic difference between all the countries of Britain and Ireland. They all cluster together.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:13 AM

From that same survey that Tacitus quoted

In further examining pigmentation characteristics (both as a whole and regionally), studies have indicated the Irish are 'almost uniquely pale skinned when unexposed, untanned parts of the body, are observed' and '40% of the entire group are freckled to some extent.' Moreover, 'in the proportion of pure light eyes', data shows that 'Ireland competes successfully with the blondest regions of Scandinavia,' as approximately 42% of the Irish population have blue eyes. Another 30% have been found to possess light-mixed eyes and 'less than 1 half of 1% have pure brown.'

Old 08-31-2013, 03:34 PM

20 posts, read 75,975 times
We must take the posts Traveler / Don Caballero seriously?

See another fake account of him

Why are so few white americans nordic/aryan looking - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Why are so few white americans nordic/aryan looking - Page 2 - Bodybuilding.com Forums

The same lines, the same links, same hatred.

''White americans look like retard outliers when they visit europe (fat/out of shape, slumpy, uncared, no sense of dress, mutt features,) Its very easy to recognize white american groups by how loud and unattractive as a whole they are, also their retarded way of dress. Although in the UK and Ireland they are not so off, considering how ugly and fat are british girls and how retarded looking many british Islanders are, although even those dont dress as retarded and clowny as white americans.

ANyways dont care, Nobody in europe consider the British/Irish are proper europeans, they are rare same stuff as white americans/canadians/aussies and other anglosphere tards, they have nothing in common with us real europeans (good dressed, thin and tall bunch, well behaved)''

He is obsessed with Nordic / Germanic although he's not one. The guy really has an inferiority complex.

I hope he doesn't come back on this forum again.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,430,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas90s View Post
We must take the posts Traveler / Don Caballero seriously?

See another fake account of him

Why are so few white americans nordic/aryan looking - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Why are so few white americans nordic/aryan looking - Page 2 - Bodybuilding.com Forums

The same lines, the same links, same hatred.

''White americans look like retard outliers when they visit europe (fat/out of shape, slumpy, uncared, no sense of dress, mutt features,) Its very easy to recognize white american groups by how loud and unattractive as a whole they are, also their retarded way of dress. Although in the UK and Ireland they are not so off, considering how ugly and fat are british girls and how retarded looking many british Islanders are, although even those dont dress as retarded and clowny as white americans.

ANyways dont care, Nobody in europe consider the British/Irish are proper europeans, they are rare same stuff as white americans/canadians/aussies and other anglosphere tards, they have nothing in common with us real europeans (good dressed, thin and tall bunch, well behaved)''

He is obsessed with Nordic / Germanic although he's not one. The guy really has an inferiority complex.

I hope he doesn't come back on this forum again.
Traveller 86 and Don Caballero don't know anything, they just are jealous of English speakers.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:31 PM

In Northern Ireland most do have blue eyes but there are still quite a few without blue eyes.[/quote]

Ireland has had mixing with Scandinavians remember the Vikings built some of Ireland's most important cities. Northern Ireland is not the most light-eyed in Ireland. The Aran Isles have the highest ratio of blue-eyed people in Ireland and the British Isles as a equalling that of the lightest-eyed regions of Scandinavia. It's even more light-eyed than Denmark/Estonia.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:05 AM

824 posts, read 3,603,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
In Northern Ireland most do have blue eyes but there are still quite a few without blue eyes.
Ireland has had mixing with Scandinavians remember the Vikings built some of Ireland's most important cities. Northern Ireland is not the most light-eyed in Ireland. The Aran Isles have the highest ratio of blue-eyed people in Ireland and the British Isles as a equalling that of the lightest-eyed regions of Scandinavia. It's even more light-eyed than Denmark/Estonia.[/quote]

What map told you that? or from what american (Who obviously never visited europe) did you take it?

You clearly never been among Irish, half of them might have blue eyes, but that is. There are many with mixed eye color, and brown eyes are far from being something unheard of.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
Ireland has had mixing with Scandinavians remember the Vikings built some of Ireland's most important cities. Northern Ireland is not the most light-eyed in Ireland. The Aran Isles have the highest ratio of blue-eyed people in Ireland and the British Isles as a equalling that of the lightest-eyed regions of Scandinavia. It's even more light-eyed than Denmark/Estonia.
What map told you that? or from what american (Who obviously never visited europe) did you take it?

You clearly never been among Irish, half of them might have blue eyes, but that is. There are many with mixed eye color, and brown eyes are far from being something unheard of.[/quote]

Well I have been among the Irish and you obviously haven't. This has already been discussed and despite what you have been told you continually sprout the same mantra no matter what evidence is shown to you.

Put up or shut up about the subject. Show a proper study about how brown eyed the Irish are? You saying they are isn't going to cut it.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post

You clearly never been among Irish, half of them might have blue eyes, but that is. There are many with mixed eye color, and brown eyes are far from being something unheard of.[/quote]

Read my quotes and don't add anything to what I write! No map told me anything! What I wrote about the Aran Isles was from an anthropological and ethnological study on the islanders from the Gaelic community of Aran Isles off Ireland's west coast. More than half of the Irish population has blue eyes. The anthropological study was not from an American source either. You obviously don't know anything, you are just against Americans for your selfish reason. You criticize Americans but you get your sources from Coon who quotes that half of the Irish have blue eyes. You're being a hypocrite. [/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom