Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 11:38 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
I didn't realize that the royals are the only people that can bring joy to a child's life
You say so sunshine... you say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 11:40 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
What makes you so sure she was American (as I'm sure you were insinuating Americans have no culture)? You never miss a beat when it comes to putting down Americans. Your whole Royal asskissing shtickt is so tiresome. Go away.
yes he likes to put down americans and australians yet a) he hangs out on a us hosted site and b) he abandoned his beloved NZ and now lives in australia.. tiresome troll.. i so agree

Old 08-23-2012, 12:33 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Not likely, but then nobody expected Edward to abdicate the throne either. Fortunately, there is going to be a LOT of years before William or Harry is going to be crowned, they have a lot of growing up to do.

Which is not to say, that in centuries past that heirs didn't behave much the same way - if not worse. They just didn't have cameras to record it back then.

20yrsinBranson
It still isn't right. This is the 21st century people will see him as a role model and at the present moment he is not being a good role model. Seriously he is representing the royal family. The whole world will see this.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Yes, because some of our past monarchs have been role models, haven't they

King Edward 1 (longshanks) of England. Hated jews, put them all in camps, forced them to wear gold stars and executed many of them to avoid feeding them.
Famous for violent campaigns against Scotland and Wales.

Henry 11, had the archbishop of Canterbury murdered.

Henry 8th. Beheaded his wives to avoid divorcing them. Allegedly a bit of a hedonist with a taste for good food and wine in massive quantities.

Richard lionheart, went around the world forcibly converting people to Christianity. "join my religion or die"

I could go on, but in comparison to many of his forebears, getting drunk, nekkid and having a party is hardly breaking the mould, is it ?
Put it this way, if my parents seen pictures of me like that they'd be humiliated. Imagine how the royal family feel. Its certainly not giving them a good light.

A funny observation is that its mostly men who are giving him support. HMMM..

Old 08-23-2012, 01:15 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
As I said in an earlier post, I'm sure there are a lot of pictures of me that I wouldn't want my mother to see !!

Frankly, I don't care if they'd be humiliated, I live my life for me, not them.

Harry lives his life for him.
I have no feelings about him either way. Some say he's a good guy, some say he's a jumped up posh twerp, but what he does is no business of mine, yours, or anyone else except him and his family and friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Put it this way, if my parents seen pictures of me like that they'd be humiliated. Imagine how the royal family feel. Its certainly not giving them a good light.

A funny observation is that its mostly men who are giving him support. HMMM..

Old 08-23-2012, 01:43 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
The person (a stranger) who took the photos sold them to TMZ for approx $20,000.00. Not a bad payday. I bet it was a woman who took the cell phone pics.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM

20 million for pictures? Seriously...

Old 08-23-2012, 02:07 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
20 million for pictures? Seriously...
20 thousand dollars.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:17 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
I mentioned this before but I think it's adorable how he's standing in front of that young lady, hiding her. He looks as though he's reassuring her "Don't worry, they're after me, not you".

As people have mentioned, this is in the privacy of his quarters. If I, in the US, rented a hotel room and undressed I think I could sue a person who took pictures of me without my approval. A person is entitled to the privacy of his own quarters.

I know the British think Americans are 'sue crazy', but the larger picture for me is not Harry's buff body and what he does with it, but that the dirty creep who did this invasion of privacy and betrayed trust should face some sort of penalty. I'd like to know what transpired in that room right after those pictures were taken. I suppose the pics from the camera went directly to an email account.

Poor Harry.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:19 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Hey, don't lump us all in with voting for those clowns. I have nothing to do whatsoever with the Repub party, and never will. People in my region are much more akin to British about religion and society than people from Missouri or the US South.
Don't kid yourself.

People in WalMart in Pennsylvania

And New Jersey:

And Maryland:

And Delaware...

The US South ain't got NUTHIN' on people from the Mid Atlantic region!

But I digress....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom