Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 11:19 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Does it have to go to the Uk or can you do it through the UK consulate in the USA?
The .pdf document says to mail things in and gives an address in Liverpool. There's a British consulate in Boston (a couple of hours from where I live) so it would be great if I could take them there, but there's no mention of anything like that. The instructions do say, though, that they will contact you if they need more documents, so maybe I could send copies at first just for them to check and make sure everything is fine, THEN send the actual documents. Not sure if they'd go for that, though!

Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 11:31 AM

16,670 posts, read 17,435,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
The .pdf document says to mail things in and gives an address in Liverpool. There's a British consulate in Boston (a couple of hours from where I live) so it would be great if I could take them there, but there's no mention of anything like that. The instructions do say, though, that they will contact you if they need more documents, so maybe I could send copies at first just for them to check and make sure everything is fine, THEN send the actual documents. Not sure if they'd go for that, though!

Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it!
Sounds like a good idea.

Hang on to the originals until you really have to release them.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:35 AM

585 posts, read 1,087,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I was born on a U.S. Air Force Base in France to a British mother and an American father. I have a French birth certificate as well as a "consular report of birth" (if I'm remembering correctly) that is the legal equivalent of a U.S. birth certificate. I was a U.S. citizen at birth by virtue of being born on a U.S. Air Force base (and also I think by having an American father)...
You might be French as well.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel de Vol View Post
lol, when I was talking with my mom this morning and she told me she still has my original French birth certificate, I thought the same thing! But given how poor my French is, I doubt that they would have me.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:00 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel de Vol View Post
Zut alors

Une enfant du pays

Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM

585 posts, read 1,087,520 times
Perhaps M Hollande would welcome you with open arms.

I understand his income tax policies have driven away a large number of affluent French people.

Anybody prepared to bring in a few sous would probably be made very welcome.

(Be careful he doesn't put you in La Légion étrangère. The French have compulsory national service (or they did when I was a kid) and if you didn't register, you may find they have a long memory. )

Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,625 times
You have received some excellent answers to your questions, i wish you and your Mother good luck,i would be interested to know what your decision will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom