Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 02:42 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,242,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
Most English people are stuck up by demeanour ? ( maybe parts of London), and those I meet on my day job are chatty, polite. How can you say the entire country is stuck up, Northern English are the friendliest people on earth as are Welsh and Scots ( from my experience). N Ireland has the bigotry. I say unite Ireland and shut up all the ignorant proddies. ( or is that a generalisation)
Yes English people use a lot of sour sarcasm so you better be prepared. If you goto SE England e.g. London, Cambridge etc you must be prepared for cold behaviour (e.g. not open etc) it is so populated that if you died no one would know, you could be lying dead for weeks/months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 02:55 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,099,143 times
You cant say the whole of England, all the English peoples, or do you mean white English, Black English, Mixed race English ( Lewis Hamilton), oh yes he was rude to that lady at the Grand Prix, or Part English-Welsh, English with some Irish descent, Scots-English, Tynesiders, Yorkshire, Cockneys,yes we are all **** rude.
But... I agree to your post! I found people of Kent, East Sussex, especially to be very rude. I drove from London into Kent last weekend and got hooted ( in the car) 3 times, and im a good driver. That's why UKIP do well down there. Probably all the marsh air. I remember when Gerry Rafferty lived in East Sussex and he hated it. Another dismal place are the villages of Northamptonshire. Absolute nutters. Please tweek your views and don't generalise.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:13 PM

9,970 posts, read 12,333,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Yes English people use a lot of sour sarcasm so you better be prepared. If you goto SE England e.g. London, Cambridge etc you must be prepared for cold behaviour (e.g. not open etc) it is so populated that if you died no one would know, you could be lying dead for weeks/months.
Its mainly posh snobby people...and the hipsters.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:26 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,242,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
You cant say the whole of England, all the English peoples, or do you mean white English, Black English, Mixed race English ( Lewis Hamilton), oh yes he was rude to that lady at the Grand Prix, or Part English-Welsh, English with some Irish descent, Scots-English, Tynesiders, Yorkshire, Cockneys,yes we are all **** rude.
But... I agree to your post! I found people of Kent, East Sussex, especially to be very rude. I drove from London into Kent last weekend and got hooted ( in the car) 3 times, and im a good driver. That's why UKIP do well down there. Probably all the marsh air. I remember when Gerry Rafferty lived in East Sussex and he hated it. Another dismal place are the villages of Northamptonshire. Absolute nutters. Please tweek your views and don't generalise.
Well idk. I was just on a train from Cambridge to London and the people each time seemed very rude, i've also been to London and folk there seemed to have no soul lol.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:35 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,099,143 times
Cambridge and London all ( mostly) voted labour. Up the SNP!

Old 05-11-2015, 04:33 PM

14,813 posts, read 11,912,533 times
Quote:
Well idk. I was just on a train from Cambridge to London and the people each time seemed very rude, i've also been to London and folk there seemed to have no soul lol.
You say that Londoners are rude yet YOU are the one stating thst all Londoners are rude and even worse have no soul!!! You have basically just insulted everyone (including me) who lives in the South East! Just perhaps you are the rude one eh!?

Old 05-11-2015, 04:48 PM

9,970 posts, read 12,333,980 times
Quote:
Wow just wow and you wonder why people on this forum bully you. Your the biggest bully here, sure some are rude but how can you say all of this without talking to people?

Old 05-11-2015, 05:04 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,827,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You say that Londoners are rude yet YOU are the one stating thst all Londoners are rude and even worse have no soul!!! You have basically just insulted everyone (including me) who lives in the South East! Just perhaps you are the rude one eh!?
Maybe he should look at himself more than judging others. Somehow, the cold, soulless southeast English had no problem coming up to me and striking up a random conversation .

Old 05-12-2015, 01:35 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,692,299 times
C'mon we all know Owen aka Sickandtiredofthis. His thinking is shall we say simplistic? I've worked in over a dozen countries and enjoyed the experience. The worst, and thank god the shortest contract was was in NI, the place is a haven for bigots.
Owens thinking is typically Northern Irish, judgemental and hypocritical. I found the Southern Irish to be far more open and friendly.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:26 AM

11,223 posts, read 16,360,886 times
Quote:
Ha thats were you are WRONG.. Latitude does not equal the same distance. I didn't say it was right beside America, I said it is close and convenient for international travel.
I didn't think you said that either.

....Oh, wait.......

Quote:

Don't argue with me, your gonna get your ass whooped. Ireland is practically right beside Boston, it isn't even really a long haul flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom