Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 08:36 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think it's more expensive for us (USA) to go there than for them to come here. We get a lot of taxes added on due to 9/11. I'm having having sticker shock at the prices lately. If you pay for a married couple and then add in tickets for kids you are talking about a lot of money--not to mention the unfavorable currency exchange which comes into play when you have to stay somewhere, get around, eat out and anything else in a different country. Just trying to answer the question (even though I think it's a little bit rude.)
I thought it was a bit rude too.

To help with the math though, I will point out that three years ago, my husband and I took our son and his best friend to Germany for graduation. The airline tickets alone cost over $5000. The total trip cost about $10,000. That's a lot of green.

Unless you take kids out of school (and missing over a week of school generally isn't a good idea), you'll pay top dollar during prime vacation time for tickets. OUCH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 12:33 PM

301 posts, read 521,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why can't you take your kids with you when you travel? You chose to have children right? When you make that choice you usually make the other choices to travel, go out to eat, etc. to include the children.
Why write a post in such an unpleasant manner in a friendly thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom