Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,471,916 times

Advertisements

This may belong in the Politics forum so if it gets moved, fair enough. But I was hoping for a balanced, non-hysterical, non-flaming idea of what the UKIP actually is all about. I don't live in the UK any more so what I know is purely based on which newspaper I looking at. They seem popular but also quite right-wing

Is it possible for people to have a discussion here without degenerating into a slanging match? Please!

Old 05-01-2013, 11:45 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,654,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
This may belong in the Politics forum so if it gets moved, fair enough. But I was hoping for a balanced, non-hysterical, non-flaming idea of what the UKIP actually is all about. I don't live in the UK any more so what I know is purely based on which newspaper I looking at. They seem popular but also quite right-wing

Is it possible for people to have a discussion here without degenerating into a slanging match? Please!
A balanced, non-hysterical, non-flaming discussion? About those pathetic evil racist Nazi paedo baby-eating fascist Daily Mail losers who nobody should be allowed to vote for?!

Old 05-01-2013, 11:58 AM

16,670 posts, read 17,435,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
A balanced, non-hysterical, non-flaming discussion? About those pathetic evil racist Nazi paedo baby-eating fascist Daily Mail losers who nobody should be allowed to vote for?!
Just to clarify things ben- you don't like UKIP?

Old 05-01-2013, 12:27 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Well no its not that. Its people who are conservatives who you don't like because they aren't liberal and you can't hack that anybody would have different views to you. Something Republicans, labour and liberals all seem to have a problem with.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:29 PM

Anyhow. Well I believe the UKIP are a far right party who are keen to keep the UK united. They want to get out of the EU also. They kind of have similar views to me. But i'm more conservative.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:33 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
I recall ben86 saying he always votes for UKIP. I personally like some of their ideas for Britain to stay British because Britain should be proud of its culture its far more interesting that people give it credit for. Its ideas to limit immigrant is a positive but I can't help think that there is an underlying racist tone.
UKiP goal to exist the EU is Ok by me as long as the Country IMPROVES itself and doesn't fall backwards.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM

5,586 posts, read 10,654,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Just to clarify things ben- you don't like UKIP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Well no its not that. Its people who are conservatives who you don't like because they aren't liberal and you can't hack that anybody would have different views to you. Something Republicans, labour and liberals seem to have a problem with.
Lol I was joking, I would be voting for them if my area had elections tomorrow! I am loving all the smears coming at them from all angles because everybody can see how blatant and desperate they are, and they'll end up being completely counterproductive. Shouting racistracistracist at them for saying what people are thinking might have worked a few years ago but it isn't going to work now.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:39 PM

16,670 posts, read 17,435,450 times
I don't think that UKIP is inherently racist.

Clearly it is anti EU and wants powers returned to Westminster.

I think that it may attract some people with racist persuasions but the party itself is not about that.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:40 PM

I don't think its fair how certain ethnic groups can claim 'racist' at the drop of a pin. I think they've gone far too far. We are a white country whether people like it or not and have always been. Ever since these immigrants have arrived people have started to turn very petty. Its not fair and sometimes I as a native feel threatened because I cannot give my opinion incase I end up getting rattled at because of them. And even they notice it because one of my friends who is one of them has said so herself.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:43 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,471,916 times
They do seem to be rather homophobic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom