U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 05-02-2013, 11:23 PM

1,093 posts, read 374,023 times
Default Wales = prettiest part of UK in natural beauty?

Do you think this is true. I looked on Google Earth at the pictures and it looks absolutely gorgeous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-02-2013, 11:40 PM

17,044 posts, read 4,756,673 times
Hell no. Scotland is.

Unread 05-03-2013, 12:02 AM

1,479 posts, read 619,657 times
I think Wales is pretty darned beautiful. Rolling hills and valleys. I love Welsh villages and seaside towns. I've been to North Wales dozens of times - Being from Liverpool we used to holiday in Wales as kids (very close). My in-laws have a place near Barmouth and I have a friend in Cardiff. The only problem is every time I go its raining. And it rains...a lot. Makes it very green but kind of takes the edge off your enjoyment. So because of the weather, I have to say I prefer southern England.

Unread 05-03-2013, 12:20 AM

13,040 posts, read 13,661,854 times
Wales is beautiful but I am afraid to me one of the most beautiful places on the Planet, never mind the UK is the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Even in pouring rain or in a storm it is stunning...

And the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District in England are also pretty darn special. Mind you I think Cornwall is not too shabby ,neither are the Cotswolds....

Unread 05-03-2013, 01:02 AM

9,445 posts, read 5,113,654 times
Talking specifically about Wales it has some gorgeous areas and I used to really enjoy my numerous trips to those parts.

Brecon Beacons, Snowdonia and the Gower Peninsular are obvious places to point out but I very much enjoyed parts such as the Border country, central parts and inland from the North coast.

I did have to visit the less than beautiful parts along the South coast but that was more than made up by the friendly people and the lovely parts outside of the big towns.

Some of the best drives I've ever had have been in Wales and I can recall some of them in my mind as I type.

Unread 05-03-2013, 01:10 AM

796 posts, read 425,063 times
I really liked the Gower Peninsular, camped 2 weeks at Port Eynon in 99 with my just met now ex wife. We had met 3 days before in Salisbury. We rode her Motorbike all over the area and rock climbed on the sea cliffs. Would love to see Scottland sometime. I guess we were lucky the nights rained a lot but the days were mostly dry. Do remember sleeping in my old tent trying to avoid the drips.

Unread 05-03-2013, 04:25 AM

2,378 posts, read 584,033 times
Some parts of Wales are scenic, but Wales also includes some of the wort & most run down areas in the UK (around Swansea for example is a particular sh*t hole!)...

To me the most scenic area of the UK is coastal parts of Cornwall

Unread 05-03-2013, 04:57 AM

6,267 posts, read 3,698,115 times
Scotland for me, but I am biased but there is no denying parts of Scotland are jaw droppingly stunning.

Unread 05-03-2013, 07:40 AM

4,986 posts, read 5,560,499 times
The countryside is gorgeous in all of the UK. It's not exactly like America, a big country with vastly different climates and landscapes.

Unread 05-03-2013, 07:41 AM

210 posts, read 109,784 times
Parts of Wales are very nice. Snowdonia, Brecon and Gower for instance.

But as others have already said, the western highlands of Scotland are the undisputed jewel in Britain's scenic crown.

My personal favourite part of the entire planet is the Swiss Alps, but parts of the Scottish highlands aren't far behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom