Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times

Advertisements

Tuesday I drove Mom to a doctor's appointment in another town. I decided to do some exploring after bringing her into the office. I drove to the railroad station (I'm a railfan) and saw some people hanging around. I figured that Amtrak's southbound City of New Orleans was due into town, so I went to the depot and hung around. Sure enough, the train arrived about five minutes later - one locomotive and seven double-decker cars. I walked north along the platform and noticed an elderly white couple step out of the sleeper (the last car). They didn't seem to be locals, so I talked to them and found out they were from England (I didn't find out what city or town) and they were on a twelve-day vacation. They started in New York and were on their way to New Orleans. They got back on the train and the train moved on out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 07:51 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,625 times
Once when i was travelling through S.Carolina on a trip with my daughter we stopped at a roadside Peach Wine place, i was talking away as usual and a young man about 40,asked where i came from, i told him i was originally from England, i also said he probably would never have heard of the Town and County, yes he had, he was born in a village not far away. We were in the middle of nowhere.
As they say, it is a small world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom