Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 01:24 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concaine View Post
They won't get brutalized. They'll be in a high security prison with inmates who have done worse.
The Yorkshire Ripper gets to meet celebrities in his safe haven.. Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe 'to be moved to a low-security Priory unit' | Daily Mail Online I hope they get sorted out and often for the terrible crime they committed in London..

Last edited by dizzybint; 06-18-2015 at 01:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 09:30 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
Good - I hope they rot in Hell.
A bit harsh I think, Then again it is a horrible crime.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:19 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Is there a chance they'll ever get paroled? Here in the US 20-30 years doesn't always mean that will be the case.

One can have a handful of violent felony convictions and still get out after a certain amount of time. Revolving-door justice it's called.

I myself am on the fence re the death penalty.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Is there a chance they'll ever get paroled? Here in the US 20-30 years doesn't always mean that will be the case.

One can have a handful of violent felony convictions and still get out after a certain amount of time. Revolving-door justice it's called.

I myself am on the fence re the death penalty.
In cases such as this one though Id think differently , what I dont understand is keeping someone locked up for years in US prisons then carrying out an execution.

Old 06-21-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
In cases such as this one though Id think differently , what I dont understand is keeping someone locked up for years in US prisons then carrying out an execution.
I'm not a lawyer so I would guess it gives the convicted a chance to exhaust all avenues of appeal which can take years.

Unless it's a Federal crime, the states decide on whether or not to have a death penalty and when to use it.

For example, the murderer who shot up the church in South Carolina will, in all likelihood, be executed if he's not killed by a fellow inmate before hand.

Charlie Manson, of the California "Manson family" fame in the late '60s, is still alive, grants TV interviews and just recently got married....in prison.

Pretty weird, huh?

Old 06-21-2015, 03:06 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I'm not a lawyer so I would guess it gives the convicted a chance to exhaust all avenues of appeal which can take years.

Unless it's a Federal crime, the states decide on whether or not to have a death penalty and when to use it.

For example, the murderer who shot up the church in South Carolina will, in all likelihood, be executed if he's not killed by a fellow inmate before hand.

Charlie Manson, of the California "Manson family" fame in the late '60s, is still alive, grants TV interviews and just recently got married....in prison.

Pretty weird, huh?
We have a prisoner called Peter Sutcliffe...... aka the Yorkshire Ripper. He was locked up over 30 years ago after killing 13 women, and attempting to murder 7 more. I believe he has quite a fan club of women who write to him, and even visit. The world is a strange place.......

Old 06-21-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
We have a prisoner called Peter Sutcliffe...... aka the Yorkshire Ripper. He was locked up over 30 years ago after killing 13 women, and attempting to murder 7 more. I believe he has quite a fan club of women who write to him, and even visit. The world is a strange place.......
I guess if you're going to a savage, sociopath, it's best to do it in the more, civilized parts of the world. We're much more, uh....understanding.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
He even had visits from the once famous and loved Jimmy Saville who took other celebs to visit Sutcliffe, but now we know what a creep Saville was himself...

Old 06-27-2015, 12:36 AM

There is no reasoning at all for what these two butchers did... to an innocent man..and for anyone to try and find an excuse for either of them is sickening..

Old 06-29-2015, 04:51 AM

They were both brainwashed, its a wonder the PC brigade dont want them deprogrammed .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom