Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2018, 08:40 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
A panel of experts.

No, my opinion.
Phew,I thought for a minute it was someone who knew what they were talking about ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 11:18 AM

1,820 posts, read 1,164,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
how's the food?

Can't remember it was a helluva while ago. What sticks in my mind was the bodies in the vaults there.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:39 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,094 times
Ulsterman when I get over to your delightful province in one of my many trips there I will be taking the Enterprise Express down to Dublin. Have a jacket with a wee lapel round union flag badge pinned on it will see how much change if much.........

Old 11-20-2018, 05:53 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
Ulsterman when I get over to your delightful province in one of my many trips there I will be taking the Enterprise Express down to Dublin. Have a jacket with a wee lapel round union flag badge pinned on it will see how much change if much.........
Do you think you are the first visitor to Dublin to wear clothing with a union jack on it?

Highly unlikely in my opinion.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:

Tread carefully rjhowie remember what happened to the two NI football supporters. The majority might be alright but there are always the eejits about.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:44 PM

Positive attitude there irish_bob and that is only a wee buttonhole badge but as I am visiting a fellow EU country and mine has helped Ireland financially I will of course not be carrying a flag (!). Will only be in Dublin for a day trip as building rail sims on my pc (have done the NIR). Will give you a bit of a thought when I get off at Connolly station Ulsterman. Did wear it in America and forgave them for their revolution.......

Old 11-21-2018, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Positive attitude there irish_bob and that is only a wee buttonhole badge but as I am visiting a fellow EU country and mine has helped Ireland financially I will of course not be carrying a flag (!). Will only be in Dublin for a day trip as building rail sims on my pc (have done the NIR). Will give you a bit of a thought when I get off at Connolly station Ulsterman. Did wear it in America and forgave them for their revolution.......
Be careful around connolly Station, very rough area, I only ever use heuston but perhaps no trains from Belfast to that station.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:

Ha like the way you put those last couple of lines though the Ulster-Scots did play a big part in that revolution

Old 11-21-2018, 06:35 PM

Aye they did play a part Ulsterman and an awful lot of people do not know where the nickname Hillbilly came from. For those curious they were country minded folk who lived well out in the country areas and hills of America. They were traditional Ulster Protestants and the billy part of their name came from the nickname for that great King William often joked as being "King Billy." A lot of folk do not know that the Kit Kat famous chocolate bars have an unrealised Billy link as high class Williamite clubs in the 18th century were Kit Kat Clubs! Here is another amusing bit of info and that is the nursery rhyme 'Rockabyebaby is an Orange thing! The words speak for themselves.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Aye they did play a part Ulsterman and an awful lot of people do not know where the nickname Hillbilly came from. For those curious they were country minded folk who lived well out in the country areas and hills of America. They were traditional Ulster Protestants and the billy part of their name came from the nickname for that great King William often joked as being "King Billy." A lot of folk do not know that the Kit Kat famous chocolate bars have an unrealised Billy link as high class Williamite clubs in the 18th century were Kit Kat Clubs! Here is another amusing bit of info and that is the nursery rhyme 'Rockabyebaby is an Orange thing! The words speak for themselves.
It's fairly well known that the ulster Scots - Scots Irish settled in large numbers in the apalachians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom