Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 08:56 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,380,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You may call yourself 'Irish' but you're obviously not. You are about as Irish as my left a**e cheek. Your 'knowledge' of Irish history is right out of the 'Mel Gibson big book of English hatred'. You are the very 'essence' of 'Plastic Paddy'.

Your left ass cheek must be the very best part of you then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 09:04 AM

170 posts, read 71,238 times
It's funny that I'm actually far more Irish than most the "Irish" people I've been debating with. Could probably drink you all under the table too

This would be much more fun in a pub, we'd probably all get along.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossiblyIndecisive View Post
It's funny that I'm actually far more Irish than most the "Irish" people I've been debating with. Could probably drink you all under the table too

This would be much more fun in a pub, we'd probably all get along.

Probably we'd get along, I'm a generally thought of as pretty nice. You probably could out drink me. Ireland, England, Germany get talked about for how they can hold their liquor, but I think I read the Czech drink the most.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:09 AM

170 posts, read 71,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
Probably we'd get along, I'm a generally thought of as pretty nice. You probably could out drink me. Ireland, England, Germany get talked about for how they can hold their liquor, but I think I read the Czech drink the most.
Yeah, central Europe is where the real hardcore drinkers are found. Yet even they seem to be shocked by the binge drinking culture we have here, we're a lot more public with it I guess.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
You nailed it, Ulsterman. The majority of Irish immigrants in the 1700s were from Ulster Province. At first they were called Irish, but they took exception to that. That's where the term Scotch-Irish came from. Now it's usually Scots-Irish or Ulster-Scots. The new names are quite recent, here.

I mean in the Northeast of the US there are a lot of Irish Irish. But it was later. 1840's to 1920's

Old 02-22-2019, 10:55 AM

As far as Plastic Paddy goes, my grandparents and great grand parents aren't Native American. They came from somewhere and for 7 of my great grandparent that was Ireland and the 8th was from Poland

Old 02-22-2019, 12:04 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,427,591 times
Quote:
I mean in the Northeast of the US there are a lot of Irish Irish. But it was later. 1840's to 1920's
The only part of the Island of Ireland that counts here is Northern Ireland. The Republic of Ireland is covered on the European board.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
The only part of the Island of Ireland that counts here is Northern Ireland. The Republic of Ireland is covered on the European board.

There has been some discussion about Northern Ireland vs the Republic of Ireland. But I guess you have fighting words so I should be scared.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:40 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,427,591 times
Quote:
There has been some discussion about Northern Ireland vs the Republic of Ireland. But I guess you have fighting words so I should be scared.
You seem to be trying to pick a fight with people based on Northern Ireland vs the Republic of Ireland. Only one of those is actually covered here. I'm not a moderator, so I don't plan to interact with you again. I think that English Dave was right about you.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
You seem to be trying to pick a fight with people based on Northern Ireland vs the Republic of Ireland. Only one of those is actually covered here. I'm not a moderator, so I don't plan to interact with you again. I think that English Dave was right about you.

Nope I don't want to fight anybody here and since its a message board it's not really a thing. I guess I'll have to bow down to your thoughts that only Northern Ireland merits being talked about. The fight thing was tongue in cheek. I'm not gonna fly to the UK.

What did I do besides disagree with you?

If you don't want to talk to me don't worry about it, I won't mind. I don't think anything I said needs to be moderated

Last edited by The_General; 02-22-2019 at 01:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom