Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 04:00 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,377,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
1. I'm not linking the debt to immigration - immigrants have nothing to do with the debt, that is the Governments fault (mostly Labour) for allowing the UK to go into debt.
What I'm saying is, if the UK is in debt, then how the hell is the country's transport, NHS, and housing going to be improved enough to allow the heavy amount of people coming in to the country? Those needs that migrants will want will not be met! This because of that lack of money... Which is why we must control the population to lower the economic blow! Trust me, if we carry on like this, there will be consequences!

2. Yea, what Nigel Farage said was a little out of place, however he does have a minor point. This is however, blamed on the current and previous governments that have allowed to many migrants in without improving the transport system. Though I do hope he doesn't say stuff like that again...
Nigel Farage continuously makes silly little comments maybe these comments are is ''raw'' views coming out e.g. racist, xenophobic views...

Again immigration isn't the problem its multinational companies not paying their taxes, bankers bonuses, politicians getting paid a bomb and corruption in the government - if the rich paid their way and the money was spend properly (not pouring money to ''aid'' or military) I'm sure if we received no immigrants then we would have the exact same problem.

Lack of housing blamed on immigrants
Poor transport blamed on immigrants
Poverty blamed on immigrants

NO! Blame it on the government who don't build enough affordable housing, don't invest in transport and blame it on the government who tax the poor too heavily!

This ''lack of money'' is a myth --- the money is everywhere just the way its distributed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 05:23 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,580,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Nigel Farage continuously makes silly little comments maybe these comments are is ''raw'' views coming out e.g. racist, xenophobic views...

Again immigration isn't the problem its multinational companies not paying their taxes, bankers bonuses, politicians getting paid a bomb and corruption in the government - if the rich paid their way and the money was spend properly ((1) not pouring money to ''aid'' or military) I'm sure if we received no immigrants then we would have the exact same problem.

Lack of housing blamed on immigrants
Poor transport blamed on immigrants
Poverty blamed on immigrants

(2) NO! Blame it on the government who don't build enough affordable housing, don't invest in transport and blame it on the government who tax the poor too heavily!

(3) This ''lack of money'' is a myth --- the money is everywhere just the way its distributed.
1. No we need to defend ourselves... Decreasing military spending will make us look week, and we cannot have that!

2. Thought I made myself clear, I do blame it all on the government.

3. No it's not, we are in far to much debt - and I hardly want to life in a communist society!

Old 12-17-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
1. No we need to defend ourselves... Decreasing military spending will make us look week, and we cannot have that!

2. Thought I made myself clear, I do blame it all on the government.

3. No it's not, we are in far to much debt - and I hardly want to life in a communist society!
So you're happy about the massive difference between the rich and poor?

OK, that says it all.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:06 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,580,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
So you're happy about the massive difference between the rich and poor?

OK, that says it all.
OK so there should be some changes, such as ensuring there is mostly MPs who have had proper jobs, and a society in which it's easier for people to climb up the ladder (or down it if they do wrong)... Also companies should not be run by governments, they must be run by the people for the people - as the government shouldn't get to involved with peoples lives... The gap between rich and poor is there, and some of them deserve to be rich and others are just lucky - that's the way the world is! But under this Russell Brand, communist idea of distributing money would be a terrible situation for the UK, because it will effect businesses negatively, economically destroy our country, and will prevent those with innovative and inventive skills from making proper money that they deserve! Profit and capitalism is mostly a good thing for the individual, and I believe it is the only thing that works - look at China, even they are starting to realise that communism (although a good idea) doesn't work, and they are becoming a capitalist country - because it works! And China today is the 2nd biggest economy in the world!

Old 12-17-2014, 04:10 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,574,917 times
Quote:
Why not? It gives the electorate a chance to see what the different policies are between the main/popular (parties)...
In my opinion, we should have started it in the 1950s!
They just give the political leader with the biggest mouth and most convincing rhetoric a chance to shine, even if the points they make aren't very good at all.

And lack of money is very much a myth. The UK may have large debt but it's a very rich country that chooses not to spend money wisely.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
They just give the political leader with the biggest mouth and most convincing rhetoric a chance to shine, even if the points they make aren't very good at all.

And lack of money is very much a myth. The UK may have large debt but it's a very rich country that chooses not to spend money wisely.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom