Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 02:39 AM

514 posts, read 470,958 times

Advertisements

^ Nice to see everyone is in a conciliatory mood. Now can we also retract those unnecessary accusations of "kipper" racism as well, just so there are no hard feelings for every party involved.

Implied insults are no different to more direct ones.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:36 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousseff View Post
^ Nice to see everyone is in a conciliatory mood. Now can we also retract those unnecessary accusations of "kipper" racism as well, just so there are no hard feelings for every party involved.

I agree.
Calling someone a racist is a pretty serious and nasty accusation but it's one which I've noticed many people on the left are quite happy to fling around with gay abandon because it's trite and trendy.
The established political parties and the mainstream media stopped calling UKIP racist ( as well as fruitcakes and nutters etc etc ) several years ago when polls made it clear millions of people in the UK thought the parties stance on immigration and Europe was one worth considering and debating in a honest,adult way.
But some people still get it wrong. Channel 4's risible Ukip: the First 100 Days was such an amateurish attempt at smearing the Kippers even some of Labour's right-on comedian camp followers were embarrassed by it.
Sadly this election is going to be the dirtiest and nastiest of them all.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:33 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,581,950 times
"UKIP: the First 100 Days" was complete left-wing propaganda!!!

Old 02-20-2015, 04:41 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,602,806 times
anyone who wants to stop a real debate on immigration only has to shout "rascist".

Old 02-20-2015, 12:06 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
"UKIP: the First 100 Days" was complete left-wing propaganda!!!
I want UKIP to win so I can say to you all ''I told you so'' it scares me that people can overlook the parties racist, sexist, homophobic and sometimes vulgar language - yet you want to vote for them? Really? Only clueless xenophobic people vote for them.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:00 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousseff View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I agree.
Calling someone a racist is a pretty serious and nasty accusation but it's one which I've noticed many people on the left are quite happy to fling around with gay abandon because it's trite and trendy.
The established political parties and the mainstream media stopped calling UKIP racist ( as well as fruitcakes and nutters etc etc ) several years ago when polls made it clear millions of people in the UK thought the parties stance on immigration and Europe was one worth considering and debating in a honest,adult way.
But some people still get it wrong. Channel 4's risible Ukip: the First 100 Days was such an amateurish attempt at smearing the Kippers even some of Labour's right-on comedian camp followers were embarrassed by it.
Sadly this election is going to be the dirtiest and nastiest of them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
anyone who wants to stop a real debate on immigration only has to shout "rascist".

Except that even when "those on the left" present rational points for why UKIP's positions on immigration are wrong they are often ignored in favor for mindless back and forth over racism. Go figure..

Old 02-20-2015, 10:03 PM

969 posts, read 825,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Except that even when "those on the left" present rational points for why UKIP's positions on immigration are wrong they are often ignored in favor for mindless back and forth over racism. Go figure..
All I've seen offered so far by the left so far are hasty generalizations that stem from disproportionate media scrutiny. It frightens me how easily people can be influenced by controlled media interests.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:19 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
All I've seen offered so far by the left so far are hasty generalizations that stem from disproportionate media scrutiny. It frightens me how easily people can be influenced by controlled media interests.
So You didn't read my post (#38)?

Old 02-21-2015, 12:36 AM

969 posts, read 825,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
So You didn't read my post (#38)?
Your post is based on the premise that UKIP are against all immigration, or that they believe that immigrants don't provide any/net benefit at all to society. It's yet another black and white mischaracterization of political views the left don't agree with.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:02 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
As for the USA I know a bit about immigration as I live here for six months of the year and I can tell you the only people who want the current immigration system overhauled are the millions of Mexicans who have failed to gain entry illegally.
Uh, nope.

Immigration Reform Proposals Garner Broad Support in U.S.

Two New Polls Show Continued U.S. Support for Immigration Reform - NBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom