Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 06:14 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,602,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
What are your views?! Death penalty? Rise taxes for the poor?? Deport all immigrants???
yes, no and yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 06:20 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
yes, no and yes.
Deport both legal and illegal immigrants? Why? You live in Rural Southwest England how do immigrants even affect you?

I guess my Dad who's set up his own cleaning business should go back to Saint Lucia then? Should I go, too? Or do I count as British as I was born here?

Old 03-03-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Deport both legal and illegal immigrants? Why? You live in Rural Southwest England how do immigrants even affect you?

I guess my Dad who's set up his own cleaning business should go back to Saint Lucia then? Should I go, too? Or do I count as British as I was born here?
whats it got to do with you what my politics is or what I vote? that's my business. and yes, we do have immigrants in the South West too.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:28 AM

Quote:
whats it got to do with you what my politics is or what I vote? that's my business. and yes, we do have immigrants in the South West too.
You make it all our businesses when you took that quiz and posted it on a public forum for everyone to see.

Yes, I'm aware immigrants live in SW England but the majority of them are British by birth. You seem to have a problem with people who are different. Also you didn't answer my questions. Should I and my family according to your political stance move back to the Caribbean?

Old 03-03-2015, 07:02 AM

I'll put it this way-if I was in charge- first I'd ship out all the Illegals, 2nd I'd ship out all the foreign born criminals serving time in our prisons and thirdly I give any immigrant who has been unemployed for 6 months or more a one way ticket home. oh and immigrants in the South West were NOT born in this country as you seem to think, most are from Eastern Europe, Poles, Romanians, but we also have Chinese, Vietnamese boat people have been here since the 80s and before, and we are starting to get a lot of people in Hijabs...not sure where they are from as we cant see their features!! oh yes and before I forget, I'd take the UK out of the EU....tomorrow!!!

Last edited by bigpaul; 03-03-2015 at 07:26 AM..

Old 03-03-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I'll put it this way-if I was in charge- first I'd ship out all the Illegals, 2nd I'd ship out all the foreign born criminals serving time in our prisons and thirdly I give any immigrant who has been unemployed for 6 months or more a one way ticket home.
OK So that would mean Police will have to pull up people on the street that look foreign that would cause racial tensions between the Police (regardless if their illegal or not) and the Non-White population in Inner City areas of England.

Regarding the unemployment subject that's a bit harsh, what if the ''immigrant'' really wants work but can't find any or is in College?

And what if the Illegal immigrant is escaping a warzone would you send them back?

Quote:
oh and immigrants in the South West were NOT born in this country as you seem to think, most are from Eastern Europe, Poles, Romanians, but we also have Chinese, Vietnamese boat people have been here since the 80s and before, and we are starting to get a lot of people in Hijabs...not sure where they are from as we cant see their features!! oh yes and before I forget, I'd take the UK out of the EU....tomorrow!!!
Hijabs? They don't cover the whole face your thinking of something different that Muslims wear. I know some people that live in the outskirts of Bristol (their Afro-Caribbean) and all of them were born here I think the family came here in the 1950s.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
OK So that would mean Police will have to pull up people on the street that look foreign that would cause racial tensions between the Police (regardless if their illegal or not) and the Non-White population in Inner City areas of England.

Regarding the unemployment subject that's a bit harsh, what if the ''immigrant'' really wants work but can't find any or is in College?

And what if the Illegal immigrant is escaping a warzone would you send them back?

Hijabs? They don't cover the whole face your thinking of something different that Muslims wear. I know some people that live in the outskirts of Bristol (their Afro-Caribbean) and all of them were born here I think the family came here in the 1950s.
I think you are deliberately "misunderstanding". illegal is illegal, if they haven't got "the right to remain" out they go. studying in college is not being unemployed, if they are a NEET not in education, employment or training....OUT. an illegal escaping a war zone is a REFUGEE, there are procedures for this. I know it might sound harsh, but the infrastructure is creaking at the seams, something has to be done and fast, I don't see anyone else coming up with any alternatives, just "business as usual" and that's the same as doing nothing.

Last edited by bigpaul; 03-03-2015 at 10:54 AM..

Old 03-07-2015, 09:25 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,581,950 times
Quote:
You side with UKIP? Even though they have a very old-fashioned downright crazy view of society?

https://uk.isidewith.com/results/780291020
Saying that, according to the I Side With list, I side with you on 68% of political issues... That means I agree with you on a majority of political ideas

Old 03-07-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I think you are deliberately "misunderstanding". illegal is illegal, if they haven't got "the right to remain" out they go. studying in college is not being unemployed, if they are a NEET not in education, employment or training....OUT. an illegal escaping a war zone is a REFUGEE, there are procedures for this. I know it might sound harsh, but the infrastructure is creaking at the seams, something has to be done and fast, I don't see anyone else coming up with any alternatives, just "business as usual" and that's the same as doing nothing.
Illegal immigrants should go home and no the infrastructure doesn't seem to be creaking at the seams in London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Saying that, according to the I Side With list, I side with you on 68% of political issues... That means I agree with you on a majority of political ideas
Oh no!

Old 03-07-2015, 10:11 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,581,950 times
Quote:
Oh no!
Haha, know you would say something like that...

But no, we both support issues like decriminalizing drugs, gay-marriage, and a wholly elected House of Lords... Looks like I'm more liberal than you thought...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom