Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 02:35 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times

Advertisements

For me, Miliband and Clegg were the most impressive with the Welsh woman doing herself no harm. Farage was a presence but one that turned me off. Nevertheless he managed to make himself the focus of attention several times. Cameron was, I thought, disappointing and the Green woman was irritating to say the least. Sturgeon managed not to make any mistakes but was a marginal presence compared to Miliband, Farage, Cameron and Clegg. She could have walked off the stage and nobody would have noticed.

The best of all of them was the presenter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 02:45 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
The heckler was saying basically ''you are a hypocrite using vetrans as a vote winner when they are homeless in their thousands and have great levels of mental illness with no help''

Have to agree with her.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:51 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
Clegg did really well last night - made very good points and made the best out of a difficult situation. Thing is, whenever he accuses the Tories of something, people will just turn around and say 'Why didn't you try and stop them? You're part of it as well'. Tricky. He's not a bad guy really, and I voted for them in 2010, but won't be voting for them this time around. They need to regain the trust of their members, and regain lost support.

Cameron and Milliband managed to avoid any mistakes but were largely uneventful IMO. They didn't do themselves any harm. Milliband could have delivered a final blow but didn't.

Farage as per usual talking out of his arse, making some really unsavoury comments and proving that he is a one-trick pony who only cares about immigration. Can't believe people are still falling for him - he's a scoundrel.

Bennett and Wood (Plaid leader) were alright. They don't have a track record in government so can take it easy. I think the latter did quite well considering hardly anyone knows who she is. Liked it when she called Farage out on the immigrants with HIV comment. What an idiot he is.

Sturgeon is a great orator, and came across very well. Would make a good PM, if she wasn't a nationalist.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:00 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,601,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Clegg did really well last night - made very good points and made the best out of a difficult situation. Thing is, whenever he accuses the Tories of something, people will just turn around and say 'Why didn't you try and stop them? You're part of it as well'. Tricky. He's not a bad guy really, and I voted for them in 2010, but won't be voting for them this time around. They need to regain the trust of their members, and regain lost support.

Cameron and Milliband managed to avoid any mistakes but were largely uneventful IMO. They didn't do themselves any harm. Milliband could have delivered a final blow but didn't.

Farage as per usual talking out of his arse, making some really unsavoury comments and proving that he is a one-trick pony who only cares about immigration. Can't believe people are still falling for him - he's a scoundrel.

Bennett and Wood (Plaid leader) were alright. They don't have a track record in government so can take it easy. I think the latter did quite well considering hardly anyone knows who she is. Liked it when she called Farage out on the immigrants with HIV comment. What an idiot he is.

Sturgeon is a great orator, and came across very well. Would make a good PM, if she wasn't a nationalist.
that is just one persons opinion of course.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:21 AM

Are you gonna go around and say that after every post on this forum ........ ever?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Are you gonna go around and say that after every post on this forum ........ ever?
I might.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:39 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK2sznbYLM0

Old 04-03-2015, 10:53 AM

''The question of whether non-residents of Scotland can vote for the Scottish National party unexpectedly featured in a list of most searched-for terms provided by Google after Thursday night’s leaders’ debate.

Less than a year after the acrimonious independence referendum, the SNP leader, Nicola Sturgeon, clearly impressed voters from around the UK. She came out as the surprise winner of the night in one YouGov survey and scored highly in three other snap polls.

The short answer to the question is no. The nationalist party, whose primary aim is Scottish independence, has only ever fielded candidates in Scotland. (There’s not even an opportunity for anyone in Scotland to vote for Sturgeon herself – she is not standing for a Westminster seat.)

A more nuanced answer is that voters in England and Wales can boost the SNP’s chances of influencing the government by voting Labour, the only party with which Sturgeon could feasibly do a deal''

Can I vote for the SNP if I live in England? | Politics | The Guardian

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilyashton/...-vote-sturgeon

''Labour MPs and supporters have been quick to compliment her critique of Nigel Farage over his comments immigration and fascinating polling data has revealed that one in three Labour voters thought that the SNP was victorious in the debate and more Lib Dems thought she had won than their own leader, Nick Clegg''

That's my perfect scenario - The majority of English vote Labour, Scotland SNP and Wales Plaid or Labour. Best chance for a progressive government. SNP wont go to far left and Labour will be dragged a bit left from centre.

Last edited by paull805; 04-03-2015 at 11:33 AM..

Old 04-03-2015, 11:05 AM

trouble with that is a lot of people don't think Miliband is electable, cant take him seriously and I wouldn't trust Balls to run a welk stall never mind an economy.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:34 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
The reality is that, if people in Scotland want a Labour Govt., then they should vote Labour and not SNP.

Shame that Sturgeon is a bare face liar even on national TV. For example, she said during the debate that the SNP had abolished parking fees at hospitals in Scotland. Not true, what about Ninewells Hospital in Dundee one of Scotland's biggest hospitals. In fact, parking at Ninewells is operated by a private company.

The main reason she got away with it is because none of the other leaders were interested in what she had to say. Thus, she was never challenged, her lies allowed to stand and her record not put under any scrutiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom