Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 05:04 AM

521 posts, read 1,472,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Cameron took office on 11th May 2010 - Unemployment 2.51 million

Latest unemployment figures - 1.86 million

The employment rate now stands at 73.3%, the highest rate of people in work since the Office of National Statistics began keeping records in 1971.

Let's deal in facts not diatribes gleaned from a political undergraduate's Third degree from a lesser university that used to be a non-name polytechnic.
As somebody who works in a part of the Welfare State (I know, shock horror I'm a useless Public Sector scrounger) I can assure you that the unemployment figures are fiddled. The unemployed are pushed into fake self-employment where by they receive more in Tax Credits than they received in Job Seekers Allowance but don't actually do anything. They get more money, they don't have to sign on, the Job Centre hits it's targets, unemployment is down, everybody wins.

Add in the part time, zero hours contracts or businesses forcing employees to become self-employed to avoid tax and increase profits & push all the risk onto the 'employee' (e.g. parcel delivery) and the relentless sanctioning (i.e. kicking people of JSA for the tiniest infraction of petty rules) and yay the statistics prove everything is wonderful...

Meanwhile in the real world food banks grow in numbers and the queues of scroungers looking for a free hand out from hardworking tax payers grows longer.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:09 AM

521 posts, read 1,472,865 times
Quote:
According to official figures the top 1% of earners in the UK currently pay almost a third of all taxes.Under the previous Labour administration this figure was less than a quarter.

At least try to source some proper evidence to back up your nonsense.
If the rich get richer (so have more money to pay tax on) and the rest of us get poorer (so we have less money to pay tax on) then even my basic grasp of maths tells me that the share of taxes paid by the richest will go up as a proportion. But that isn't a good thing. Again, a case of statistics being used as a blunt weapon.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:37 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie Bar View Post
If the rich get richer (so have more money to pay tax on) and the rest of us get poorer (so we have less money to pay tax on) then even my basic grasp of maths tells me that the share of taxes paid by the richest will go up as a proportion. But that isn't a good thing. Again, a case of statistics being used as a blunt weapon.
But the rest of us aren't all getting poorer.
Indeed many people are enjoying their wealth because they work hard,invest their money and take risks.
They inhabit a different planet from the long-term welfare dependants with large families of feckless offspring who prefer idleness to proper work.
Hundreds of thousands of East European immigrants have no trouble finding good jobs while their British counterparts can't raise themselves from their essential viewing of The Jeremy Kyle show from the well-worn bar stool they usually frequent.
Ian Duncan Smith's reform of the welfare system,carried on from his Labour counterpart Frank Field,has been long overdue and is welcomed by the vast majority of voters in this country.
Why should our hard-earned taxes pay for a life of enforced laziness by the residents of countless Benefits Streets around Britain ?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:03 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,240,039 times
Quote:
Welcome to capitalism baby.It pays for the welfare state.

Oh my. What a ridiculous comment.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:05 AM

490 posts, read 681,984 times
Quote:
But the rest of us aren't all getting poorer.
Indeed many people are enjoying their wealth because they work hard,invest their money and take risks.
They inhabit a different planet from the long-term welfare dependants with large families of feckless offspring who prefer idleness to proper work.
Hundreds of thousands of East European immigrants have no trouble finding good jobs while their British counterparts can't raise themselves from their essential viewing of The Jeremy Kyle show from the well-worn bar stool they usually frequent.
Ian Duncan Smith's reform of the welfare system,carried on from his Labour counterpart Frank Field,has been long overdue and is welcomed by the vast majority of voters in this country.
Why should our hard-earned taxes pay for a life of enforced laziness by the residents of countless Benefits Streets around Britain ?
Trolling for the Daily Mail is not a dignified way to spend your time. You may like to consider that.

It seems you have allowed yourself to be brainwashed into thinking what is good for the multi millionaire is also good for you. How David Cameron would love a few more to be as easily duped as you.

Once again, please try to form your own opinions rather than just cut & pasting the DM comments section here.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart G. Griffin View Post
Trolling for the Daily Mail is not a dignified way to spend your time. You may like to consider that.

It seems you have allowed yourself to be brainwashed into thinking what is good for the multi millionaire is also good for you. How David Cameron would love a few more to be as easily duped as you.

Once again, please try to form your own opinions rather than just cut & pasting the DM comments section here.
Whilst not being a multi-millionaire I'm happy to confirm that I'm wealthy enough to have retired early after a lifetime of hard work and entrepreneurship and enjoy flitting between my homes in three different countries.
Aside from the Daily Mail website I also read most days the Daily Telegraph,The Guardian,The Independent,The Mirror,The Irish Times,Irish Independent,New York Times,LA Times,Sydney Morning Herald,
The Spectator,Huffington Post,Brietbart,Guido Fawkes and a few other political blogs.
It's a lot,I know,but I can afford the time these days after many years of fruitful hard work.
I think I'm capable of writing a post on here without cut and pasting.
Accusing someone of trolling just because you don't agree with their view is frankly rather lazy and mightily condescending.
You need to up your game,old sport.
A bit like Milibland.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:48 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
Quote:
Whilst not being a multi-millionaire I'm happy to confirm that I'm wealthy enough to have retired early after a lifetime of hard work and entrepreneurship and enjoy flitting between my homes in three different countries
Nooowwww I understand

Old 04-03-2015, 08:52 AM

490 posts, read 681,984 times
Quote:
Whilst not being a multi-millionaire I'm happy to confirm that I'm wealthy enough to have retired early after a lifetime of hard work and entrepreneurship and enjoy flitting between my homes in three different countries.
Aside from the Daily Mail website I also read most days the Daily Telegraph,The Guardian,The Independent,The Mirror,The Irish Times,Irish Independent,New York Times,LA Times,Sydney Morning Herald,
The Spectator,Huffington Post,Brietbart,Guido Fawkes and a few other political blogs.
It's a lot,I know,but I can afford the time these days after many years of fruitful hard work.
I think I'm capable of writing a post on here without cut and pasting.
Accusing someone of trolling just because you don't agree with their view is frankly rather lazy and mightily condescending.
You need to up your game,old sport.
A bit like Milibland.

99% of this post is a fantasy, everybody who laughs whilst reading it will know that.

I do however believe that you read the Daily Mail.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:52 AM

825 posts, read 1,034,198 times
Quote:
According to official figures the top 1% of earners in the UK currently pay almost a third of all taxes.Under the previous Labour administration this figure was less than a quarter.

At least try to source some proper evidence to back up your nonsense.
Of course, that wouldn't include the money Cameron and the like proudly stow off shore to avoid taxes, would it?

I said ultra rich. They arent earners. Pay attention.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
Of course, that wouldn't include the money Cameron and the like proudly stow off shore to avoid taxes, would it?

I said ultra rich. They arent earners. Pay attention.
Actually you wrote " ultraweathy " (sic) and unless they inherited their wealth they would have earned it, possibly even through the " Quantitative easing, privatisation, and bail outs " that you mentioned on all of which they would have paid tax.They may even manage to live in a house worth multi millions of pounds paid for through tax avoidance such as that occupied by the leader of the Labour party.

Envy at other people's success is clouding your judgement. It's the same envy from Miliband, who has never worked in a proper job in his life, which will cost him this election. But feel free to cast your wasted vote for this loser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom