Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 12:46 PM

622 posts, read 527,131 times

Advertisements

Coloma Convent Girls School, in Croydon, south London warned its pupils that sex outside marriage would make their souls sick and will lead to deadly diseases in later life. Leaflets handed out to 17 and 18-year-olds warned that condoms and the morning-after pill put them at risk and would make them isolated.

Ex-pupils took the view that the school's education policy was outdated and its only purpose was to instil a sense of fear around the subject of sex before marriage. Catholic girls' school students warned sex outside marriage can 'destroy their soul' - Telegraph

Old 04-25-2015, 01:10 PM

3 posts, read 2,518 times
"Backward sex" if it means what I Think it means,would certainly result in less pregnancies.

Otherwise,Catholic school teaches Catholic dogma shocker.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:32 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,259,670 times
the annoying thing is that these children believe it. I know a young person up the road with a kid now and many others because they never used a condom because of the Catholic beliefs! When will they learn?

Old 04-25-2015, 02:51 PM

367 posts, read 409,362 times
A Catholic School teaching that sex outside marriage is damaging to the soul.

Or, in secular speak; sleep around like a prostitute and you risk damaging your mental well being.

How Casual Sex Can Affect Our Mental Health - Psychology Today

Quite frankly, I don't see what the problem is.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:02 PM

13 posts, read 38,504 times
And what if I agree with them? (Oh no the horror)

I'm not talking religiously, but yes premarital sex is wrong. I'm not christian

Old 04-25-2015, 03:05 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,259,670 times
No it isn't. This is why i've gone off the Catholic church, they treat us like criminals and try and control the make up of the population because imo they only care about money.I never really chose it anyway which is why I don't agree with child baptism.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:17 PM

825 posts, read 1,034,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineBlue View Post
A Catholic School teaching that sex outside marriage is damaging to the soul.

Or, in secular speak; sleep around like a prostitute and you risk damaging your mental well being.

How Casual Sex Can Affect Our Mental Health - Psychology Today

Quite frankly, I don't see what the problem is.
Because souls don't exist, and for something as important as sex education, one should use science, not superstition.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:32 PM

367 posts, read 409,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
Because souls don't exist, and for something as important as sex education, one should use science, not superstition.
And your evidence for this claim is? http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/dualism/

I have a better proposition: It doesn't really matter how you express a message, as long as it's comprehensible to the audience and serves a beneficial purpose.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:12 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
Oh dear lord, not another person spouting pseudo-intellectual garbage.

Here's something useful - people frequently feel guilty or embarrassed after engaging in casual sex because they either did so for entirely the wrong reasons (such as depression or lack of self-worth) or because society in many traditional locations still considers such behaviour to be wrong.

Either way, there is nothing inherently harmful about casual sex. There are those of us who have sex outside of a committed relationship because it's fun. If other people want to deprive themselves of something as natural and innate as sex (something that precedes marriage or the modern concept of romance) then more fool them.

Personally, I believe teachers should stick to informing children on safe sex, and preventing sexually transmitted diseases, as well as unwanted pregnancies. Please keep souls, religion and personal opinion out of the classroom.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 04-25-2015 at 04:24 PM..

Old 04-25-2015, 04:25 PM

514 posts, read 470,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Oh dear lord, not another person spouting pseudo-intellectual garbage.

Here's something useful - people frequently feel guilty or embarrassed after engaging in casual sex because they either did so for entirely the wrong reasons (such as depression or lack of self-worth) or because society in many traditional locations still considers such behaviour to be wrong.

Either way, there is nothing inherently harmful about casual sex. There are those of us who have sex outside of a committed relationship because it's fun. If other people want to deprive themselves of something as natural and innate as sex (something that precedes marriage or the modern concept of romance) then more fool them.

Personally, I believe teachers should stick to informing children on safe sex, and preventing sexually transmitted diseases, as well as unwanted pregnancies. Please keep souls, religion and personal opinion out of the classroom.
By pseudo intellectual garbage, I presume you mean "stuff you don't understand"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom