Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 11:40 PM

543 posts, read 937,726 times

Advertisements

I have been reading the daily mail everyday for the last 8 years or so. I am a foreigner. It absolutely saddens me to see the state of the country. Everyday there are hundreds of articles on how the local English are simply fed up of the leftist politicians and their agenda. Multiculturalism has failed, immigration is a threat....my mind boggles at the thought that local English people aren't threatened by the fact that their country is done for.

But anyway....so I mentioned this on a forum and the reply I got was" The dailymail is so right wing its not even funny" and this is the general consensus. But then....so what? Are you implying that what they publish is false? It is true right? As opposed to the Guardian which is to the left wing what the DM is to the right and somehow that is fine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 12:04 AM

4,289 posts, read 3,987,958 times
I am sorry what is daily mail?

Old 02-04-2016, 12:29 AM

13,499 posts, read 18,090,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
I am sorry what is daily mail?
It is an English newspaper, which like most English national newspapers specializes in sensational news served up in bit size pieces. Check it out on the internet.

My local news agent refers to all the popular English newspapers as "fish wrappers."

Old 02-04-2016, 12:35 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,454,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
I have been reading the daily mail everyday for the last 8 years or so. I am a foreigner. It absolutely saddens me to see the state of the country. Everyday there are hundreds of articles on how the local English are simply fed up of the leftist politicians and their agenda. Multiculturalism has failed, immigration is a threat....my mind boggles at the thought that local English people aren't threatened by the fact that their country is done for.

But anyway....so I mentioned this on a forum and the reply I got was" The dailymail is so right wing its not even funny" and this is the general consensus. But then....so what? Are you implying that what they publish is false? It is true right? As opposed to the Guardian which is to the left wing what the DM is to the right and somehow that is fine?
And how do you know we don't know what's going on? Believe me if us " local " people were in charge it would be as it was.

Am I right in thinking that you are believing everything you read in the newspapers? If so this whole thread is void!

Old 02-04-2016, 01:02 AM

543 posts, read 937,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
And how do you know we don't know what's going on? Believe me if us " local " people were in charge it would be as it was.

Am I right in thinking that you are believing everything you read in the newspapers? If so this whole thread is void!
But that was my point. How much of it is true and hoe much is fabricated. Most people have said the Dailymail is crap and fake. Anyday you go online and you see the state of the nation. Migrants overflowing, benefit system scams, and whatnot. So is the country really as much in decline as shown there or they are indeed right and the daily mail is sensationalism and lies.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:16 AM

Quote:
But that was my point. How much of it is true and hoe much is fabricated. Most people have said the Dailymail is crap and fake. Anyday you go online and you see the state of the nation. Migrants overflowing, benefit system scams, and whatnot. So is the country really as much in decline as shown there or they are indeed right and the daily mail is sensationalism and lies.
That's what sells papers mate. They conveniently overlook the good bits and focus on the bad bits unfortunately.

I'm a Brit and I'm in central London so I'll tell you, yes we have a problem with immigrants for example in London the most exclusive address is park lane in Mayfair and all you see is Romanian gypsy beggers fighting with the police or amongst themselves and yes there is a problem with benefits but the biggest decline in our country in my opinion is the loss of our culture and due to immigrants the severe housing shortage.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:21 AM

16,549 posts, read 17,315,227 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

Old 02-04-2016, 01:24 AM

X factor?

Old 02-04-2016, 01:36 AM

29 posts, read 28,705 times
It's aimed at lower class right wing readers, as opposed to the guardian which aims itself at lower class left wing readers. In the UK, media viewership tends to be segregated along class lines.

Since most Muslims in the UK are of Pakistani descent, Muslims tend to be stereotyped as lower class and as criminal trouble makers (chavvy) and therefore are hounded by the lower class press. Hence why the DM hates Muslims and Blacks.

Hindus and Chinese etc tend to be overlooked because they tend to move in middle class circles and dont have a chavvy image.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:36 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,315,798 times
Quote:
You'll find the truth somewhere between Daily Mail sensationalism and the leftist head-in-the-sand rhetoric that dismisses it.

Sorry if that's not particularly helpful, but this is simply one of those things where we all have to come to our own independent conclusions based on a variety of sources - not just one newspaper, or the findings of one focus group or thinktank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom