Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2016, 12:00 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I think it will be a landslide as its voted by the British and every Brit I've spoken to is voting out.....

My concern is its not rigged .... But that's another thread
I love your enthusiasm LC, and wish I could share it. I am starting to think the forces against us are just too strong. I hope I am wrong. This is the last stand for the real English people, and if we lose, that's it, we're done. Don't rejoice you yes voters if this turns out to be the case. You will rue this day, and shed bitter tears.

I give you a prediction for the morning if the vote is remain. Cameron will stand outside 10 Downing Street, and say thank you to the voters who won for remain. "To the citizens who voted out - we hear you. We will return to Europe, and ensure your voice is heard......" Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 12:01 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,994,407 times
http://www.canadian-studies.net/lccs.../MacDonald.pdf

Old 06-23-2016, 12:21 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I love your enthusiasm LC, and wish I could share it. I am starting to think the forces against us are just too strong. I hope I am wrong. This is the last stand for the real English people, and if we lose, that's it, we're done. Don't rejoice you yes voters if this turns out to be the case. You will rue this day, and shed bitter tears.

I give you a prediction for the morning if the vote is remain. Cameron will stand outside 10 Downing Street, and say thank you to the voters who won for remain. "To the citizens who voted out - we hear you. We will return to Europe, and ensure your voice is heard......" Yadda, yadda, yadda.
I think either way there will be trouble on the streets.... Remember the London riots in 2011? That sort of " protest "

Everyone I know has voted out!!! And that's at least 15-20 off hand I can think of.... So assuming others like myself have done the same then..... It should be a cheetah vs a pig in a race mate

Old 06-23-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I think either way there will be trouble on the streets.... Remember the London riots in 2011? That sort of " protest "

Everyone I know has voted out!!! And that's at least 15-20 off hand I can think of.... So assuming others like myself have done the same then..... It should be a cheetah vs a pig in a race mate
Once the result is known, we will soon find out how the votes break down. We will know if the English people voted out by majority, or to remain. If we lose even though the English voted out, even by a small majority, this will not be over.

Lets hope it's a good majority if it's for remain. If the English people vote remain by a good percentage, that will be good enough for me. Foreigners, even if resident in this country, should not get a vote. I am surprised they have been given one. But, then again, when I think about it, I am not really surprised at what politicians do trying to win a vote.

The Scots gave 16 year old kids a vote in the Independence ballot. That shows how cynical they are. Kids still in school voting for the future of their country......... just ridiculous, but typical.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:35 PM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times
A handful of people Ive spoke to today all want out.. as I do. but we ll see... the bookies seem to think the other way..

Old 06-23-2016, 12:41 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,032 times
Everyone seems to have been meeting other people who want to vote out. Will we see this represented in the final results though? It's just like when you find out that the opinion polls were wrong after all.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
A handful of people Ive spoke to today all want out.. as I do. but we ll see... the bookies seem to think the other way..
Yes they do dizzy, and they're not often wrong. I would rather listen to them than polls. We shall see what is said after the polls close at 10pm. I have heard there won't be an exit poll which I find strange. May be, if it's for out, they fear frightening the markets. You know how highly strung those city traders are........ Worrying about earning their next million, and all that.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:37 PM

434 posts, read 248,137 times
Quote:

Seems to be very regional. Drove through Leicestershire to Cambridge yesterday.

Loads of leave signs on houses round Leicestershire with no remains, the reverse in Cambridge.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:34 PM

290 posts, read 210,320 times
The American stock exchange are putting a lot of hope on these polls.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:37 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:

I hope you're wrong about the rioting, London. I plan on visiting London next week. Well, if there are riots, hopefully they will have blown over by then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom