Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 11:01 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,489,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
He's not as crazy as Thatcher was........
Yeah its quite funny..... The only lady ever as PM and she's probably got the biggest balls of them all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 11:03 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,404,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yeah its quite funny..... The only lady ever as PM and she's probably got the biggest balls of them all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1jY5fYjV-U

Old 06-25-2016, 11:10 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,489,133 times
Quote:
Her way or the highway!!! LOL

Just imagine if Enoch Powell got in charge in the 70s lmao

Old 06-25-2016, 11:20 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,404,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post

Just imagine if Enoch Powell got in charge in the 70s lmao
Like I always say, what I say I mean. I don't mince my words like the politically correct, frightened of saying what they REALLY think.

Enoch Powell was a great man. A man who fought for his country honorably. He saw what was happening to our country, and threw his political career away trying to warn us.

He spent many years in the political wilderness, some of that time as an MP for a seat in northern Ireland. He could have been Prime Minister if he had not spoken out. He was a patriot, and if he had become Prime Minister, our country would have been very different today.

He was an honest man, and puts to shame the political pygmies who brought him down.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:40 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
Quote:
I felt right from the beginning of Obama's Presidency, he ensured we knew he placed little importance on the UK. Lip service is paid to the 'special relationship', and many feel it is felt more by us, than Americans. No matter, no one in the world is a closer REAL friend to America, and Americans than us.

I felt his comments about Britain being at the back of the queue with trade arrangements was unnecessary, and yet another attempt to intimidate the British voters. Well, he failed, along with so called celebrities like David Beckham. This man came from a solid working class background, now rich, with homes around the world. He didn't have the brains to keep his mouth shut when talking to worried British people, concerned at the direction our country has been heading in.

Shame on you President Obama, and even more on a so called celebrity, whose contribution to the world is kicking a football.
PLEASE do not judge the American people by Barack Obama! His behavior toward the UK has been ridiculous from the very start. I believe that most Americans feel affection and loyalty and appreciation for the UK - when they think about it, which is not every day - LOL. Any more than British people walk around thinking about the US every day. But when we do, it's not in the dismissive, weird, vaguely threatening and offensive manner of our President.

I can't wait for him to leave office. It's been a very long and arduous 8 years.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:50 AM

40,936 posts, read 49,032,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I can't wait for him to leave office. It's been a very long and arduous 8 years.
Many of his bad decisions has created the problems we see in Europe and the US (worldwide) today. Iraq may have been bad news but his decision to pull out completely left an opening for the current situation.

But that's another story. Luckily he's gone soon.

Power to the Brits. Hopefully we are next.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:52 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,289,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
PLEASE do not judge the American people by Barack Obama! His behavior toward the UK has been ridiculous from the very start. I believe that most Americans feel affection and loyalty and appreciation for the UK - when they think about it, which is not every day - LOL. Any more than British people walk around thinking about the US every day. But when we do, it's not in the dismissive, weird, vaguely threatening and offensive manner of our President.

Obama had shown nothing but contempt to our longtime allies and reverence for our longtime enemies. I used to think that people who said he was a hidden Muslim and leftist radical with a hidden anti-West, "anti-colonial" agenda were crazy and paranoid, but I am having my doubts now.

He's spent a lot of effort negotiating a deal with Iran, which would give them enough money to build nuclear weapons whenever they want to. After several consecutive previous administrations spent just as much effort isolating Iran and restricting their ability to procure the necessary funding. He helped the Iranians to break this isolation without them changing their aggressive fundamentalist views and practices even one iota.

He's jumped in both feet helping to overthrow old dictatorial regimes in the Middle East and replacing them with Islamists. Yes these regimes were tyrannical, but they kept the terrorists in check. Yes Bush made the same mistake in Iraq, but after Iraq you can no longer blame this on a mistake.

At the same time, he had developed poisonous relations with Israel, and showed quite a bit of contempt to the UK.

I wonder why.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Oh please.

The EU was officially formed in 1993. It's only been around 23 years. The BBC was formed in 1955 and was cranking out quality programming long before the EU was a twinkle in Mitterand's eye.

BBC America doesn't receive any funds from the UK license fees. It's funding comes from advertising and satellite/cable subscription fees and it's headquarters are in NYC.

Game of Thrones is an American production. Yes, it's been filmed partially in EU countries and the UK (as well as in countries that are not a part of the EU - for instance, the US, Canada, and Finland). But just because the UK is withdrawing from the EU doesn't mean that suddenly people can't cross borders.

GoT is a wildly successful program and is making money hand over fist. It's producers do not feel that there will be any significant financial issues emanating from Brexit. In fact, the series has not taken ANY funding from the European Regional Development Fund for the past several seasons.

I think BBC America and HBO and Game of Thrones will survive quite nicely.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Obama had shown nothing but contempt to our longtime allies and reverence for our longtime enemies. I used to think that people who said he was a hidden Muslim and leftist radical with a hidden anti-West, "anti-colonial" agenda were crazy and paranoid, but I am having my doubts now.

He's spent a lot of effort negotiating a deal with Iran, which would give them enough money to build nuclear weapons whenever they want to. After several consecutive previous administrations spent just as much effort isolating Iran and restricting their ability to procure the necessary funding. He helped the Iranians to break this isolation without them changing their aggressive fundamentalist views and practices even one iota.

He's jumped in both feet helping to overthrow old dictatorial regimes in the Middle East and replacing them with Islamists. Yes these regimes were tyrannical, but they kept the terrorists in check. Yes Bush made the same mistake in Iraq, but after Iraq you can no longer blame this on a mistake.

At the same time, he had developed poisonous relations with Israel, and showed quite a bit of contempt to the UK.

I wonder why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo

Old 06-25-2016, 12:31 PM

5,802 posts, read 11,850,056 times
The UK is not the only country to leave the EU . People forget that Algeria fought a bloody war to leave what was then the Common Market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom