Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2016, 09:23 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,766,078 times

Advertisements

What are the chances that the UK signs up with the EEA or EFTA?

Seems you get everything you want with those, no? Kind of what the UK signed up for back in the early 70s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 09:23 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I agree completely....

Incidentally did anyone see farage address Brussels? .... Classic ..... Not only has wound them up by saying " grow up and accept we've left " he's also said they are " in denial " about the crisis in Europe and also predicted that the UK will not be the last member to leave ......

I completely agree with him and especially with the us being the last to leave...... I've been thinking along the lines of Germany, France and possibly Spain and Italy possibly?.

That WOULD spell the end of the EU especially if Germany left
I did see it LC....... He's like the British people's spokesman. He says to them, what we want them to hear. No beating about the bush - he says it, with no diplomatic filter. Like he said, "you all laughed at me, and you're not laughing now." Like him, or not, the guy stuck with his agenda, and he got us a vote on the EU. Without him pressuring Cameron, it would never have happened.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:28 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,729,333 times
Quote:
I agree completely....

Incidentally did anyone see farage address Brussels? .... Classic ..... Not only has wound them up by saying " grow up and accept we've left " he's also said they are " in denial " about the crisis in Europe and also predicted that the UK will not be the last member to leave ......

I completely agree with him and especially with the us being the last to leave...... I've been thinking along the lines of Germany, France and possibly Spain and Italy possibly?.

That WOULD spell the end of the EU especially if Germany left
well they all laughed at Farage, look whos lauging now..

Old 06-28-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I see another luvvie Kate Beckinsdale who doesnt live here anymore put in her tuppenceworth along with other luvvies.. awww heart bleeds...all the British who buggered off and want to tell us what we should do at this end.... Kate Beckinsale joins the luvvies lamenting Brexit as she parties in LA | Daily Mail Online
Aren't all these people great? They're too far up their own arses to see how their opinion means nothing to the ordinary people of this country. Another one is Richard Branson, a multi millionaire deciding he needs to tell us we're stupid. I really liked that guy, and thought he would understand what we're angry about. Obviously, I was wrong.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:35 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times
Quote:
I see another luvvie Kate Beckinsdale who doesnt live here anymore put in her tuppenceworth along with other luvvies.. awww heart bleeds...all the British who buggered off and want to tell us what we should do at this end.... Kate Beckinsale joins the luvvies lamenting Brexit as she parties in LA | Daily Mail Online
LOL!...... I remember years ago Bruce Willis made a comment about either Iraq or Afghanistan war.... Basically telling them what they should do....... On telly he said it as well.... Someone shouted " SHUT UP you ****!! " ....... lmao....

Whenever I think of someone famous looking to get in the news and cast and opinion ^^^ is what i think of

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I did see it LC....... He's like the British people's spokesman. He says to them, what we want them to hear. No beating about the bush - he says it, with no diplomatic filter. Like he said, "you all laughed at me, and you're not laughing now." Like him, or not, the guy stuck with his agenda, and he got us a vote on the EU. Without him pressuring Cameron, it would never have happened.
I really like him mate if honest Dave.... He's got the bottle to match the British people and is what we deserve in a leader

Quote:
well they all laughed at Farage, look whos lauging now..
That's the one!

Old 06-28-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:

I really like him mate if honest Dave.... He's got the bottle to match the British people and is what we deserve in a leader
That's the word I was looking for! An old fashioned word........ he's got bottle. You're right, he has. The establishment hate him, because he says it as he sees it. He is on the wavelength of ordinary people.

They just don't get it. The political elite have insulted him for years, and thought they could turn voters against him. I think it's dawned on them, it isn't working.

If they're not careful, and call a general election at the wrong time for them, they're in for a real big, fat, shock.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
That's the word I was looking for! An old fashioned word........ he's got bottle. You're right, he has. The establishment hate him, because he says it as he sees it. He is on the wavelength of ordinary people.

They just don't get it. The political elite have insulted him for years, and thought they could turn voters against him. I think it's dawned on them, it isn't working.

If they're not careful, and call a general election at the wrong time for them, they're in for a real big, fat, shock.
The way I look at it is Dave ..... Out of all the politicians who would you think you have most in common with? ..... Him

The others are tooooooooo far detached from reality and have no idea what the ordinary joe has to put up with on a day to day basis.

And you're right he is the voice for most of us Brits and what's get in return?.... racist/ fascist etc etc which is not fair.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
The way I look at it is Dave ..... Out of all the politicians who would you think you have most in common with? ..... Him

The others are tooooooooo far detached from reality and have no idea what the ordinary joe has to put up with on a day to day basis.

And you're right he is the voice for most of us Brits and what's get in return?.... racist/ fascist etc etc which is not fair.
Nigel has got the skin of a rhinoceros...... They pulled the race card on him, and he laughed at them. He needs to be careful....... we don't want any 'accidents' like happened to Princess Diana.

I have just been to politics, and the thread about our EU election. Someone has posted the video of Nigel this morning giving them what for. This may be the first time many Americans have seen him. It'll be interesting to see what they make of him.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Nigel has got the skin of a rhinoceros...... They pulled the race card on him, and he laughed at them. He needs to be careful....... we don't want any 'accidents' like happened to Princess Diana.

I have just been to politics, and the thread about our EU election. Someone has posted the video of Nigel this morning giving them what for. This may be the first time many Americans have seen him. It'll be interesting to see what they make of him.
Well trumps outspoken..... Some think he's a biggot others think he's great...... It seems sir Nigel is and either or man

Old 06-28-2016, 10:08 AM

To the person who just sent me a rep, calling me a name that rhymes with anchor....... thank you very much...... not far off my next star now.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom