Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 04:43 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It's ALL ages that have voted not just the older generation mate
...and where did I say that all ages didn't vote? However, on that note, the stats say, the older you are, the more likely you voted to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 04:46 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
...and where did I say that all ages didn't vote? However, on that note, the stats say, the older you are, the more likely you voted to leave.
You were saying that you feel sorry for the younger generation...... I'm saying that enough voted and actually living here and being brought up here that most of the younger generation that I personally know voted out

Make sense?

Old 07-06-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
You were saying that you feel sorry for the younger generation...... I'm saying that enough voted and actually living here and being brought up here that most of the younger generation that I personally know voted out

Make sense?
No. Since the VAST majority of young people (18 to 24 ), 73 percent voted to stay.

Hmmm. Your assumption that leaving is OK with young people based on what you personally experienced means what?

Old 07-06-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
No. Since the VAST majority of young people (18 to 24 ), 73 percent voted to stay.

Hmmm. Your assumption that leaving is OK with young people based on what you personally experienced means what?
And what's the score with 24-30 year olds? That's still young is it not? Or the 30-36..... That's not old is it?

Either way the vote is out end of mate so as much as I appreciate your concern this is completely obsolete and redundant

mate in short think what you want to think, I wasn't being argumentative or interested in one and was genuinely just pointing something out to you

Old 07-06-2016, 05:19 PM

299 posts, read 187,175 times
Quote:
The vast majority of youth didn't bother to vote at all.

It has been estimated that only 36 per cent of people in the 18 – 24 year old category voted in the EU referendum. 64 per cent of young people did not bother to take themselves down to the polling station and cast their ballot.

Next time maybe they will get off their butt and vote.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
And what's the score with 24-30 year olds? That's still young is it not? Or the 30-36..... That's not old is it?

Either way the vote is out end of mate so as much as I appreciate your concern this is completely obsolete and redundant

mate in short think what you want to think, I wasn't being argumentative or interested in one and was genuinely just pointing something out to you
25 to 34, 62 percent voted to stay.

As for being argumentative....no. You said I said something when I didn't. I simply clarified that.

As for my concern, and others outside of the UK and the EU, it's valid. We have yet to see the full repercussions.
If the EU falls apart, that affects Canada, as well as many other places in the world.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
25 to 34, 62 percent voted to stay.

As for being argumentative....no. You said I said something when I didn't. I simply clarified that.

As for my concern, and others outside of the UK and the EU, it's valid. We have yet to see the full repercussions.
If the EU falls apart, that affects Canada, as well as many other places in the world.
I apologise if the wires were crossed .... Wasn't my intention

how the does the EU falling apart affect Canada? Just asking.

The only thing I've heard of Canada in all this is that it may open the doors between you, us, Oz and NZ which I thinks great news

Old 07-06-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritsCode View Post
The vast majority of youth didn't bother to vote at all.

It has been estimated that only 36 per cent of people in the 18 – 24 year old category voted in the EU referendum. 64 per cent of young people did not bother to take themselves down to the polling station and cast their ballot.

Next time maybe they will get off their butt and vote.
Not according to this.

"Bruter and Harrison said they found turnout among young people to be far higher than data has so far suggested. “Young people cared and voted in very large numbers. We found turnout was very close to the national average, and much higher than in general and local elections.

“After correcting for over-reporting [people always say they vote more than they do], we found that the likely turnout of 18- to 24-year-olds was 70% – just 2.5% below the national average – and 67% for 25- to 29-year-olds."

Poll reveals young remain voters reduced to tears by Brexit result | Politics | The Guardian

Old 07-06-2016, 05:33 PM

299 posts, read 187,175 times
Quote:
Not according to this.

"Bruter and Harrison said they found turnout among young people to be far higher than data has so far suggested. “Young people cared and voted in very large numbers. We found turnout was very close to the national average, and much higher than in general and local elections.

“After correcting for over-reporting [people always say they vote more than they do], we found that the likely turnout of 18- to 24-year-olds was 70% – just 2.5% below the national average – and 67% for 25- to 29-year-olds."

Poll reveals young remain voters reduced to tears by Brexit result | Politics | The Guardian
The 51.9 per cent to 48.1 per cent was so close – if the rest of the young had voted, the outcome could have been very different. The gap between Remain and Leave was 1,269,501 votes. The estimated population of 20 – 24 year olds in 2015 was 3,806,471 – only 492,306 applied to register to vote in the months running up to the election. Many young voters would still have been on the electoral register from the General Election and local elections – this figure is to show that of the 2 million people who panic registered in the last weeks, only around one quarter were young voters.

Young people

Old 07-06-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
I apologise if the wires were crossed .... Wasn't my intention

how the does the EU falling apart affect Canada? Just asking.

The only thing I've heard of Canada in all this is that it may open the doors between you, us, Oz and NZ which I thinks great news
We would have to renegotiate all our dealings with the EU to separate negotiations with each country.

Not too mention the exporting and importing rules. Having to deal with one large market with the same rules, is much easier than individual markets.

The world is also so much more connected. Banking crisis?

Door open? You being part of the EU didn't close any doors for Canada. It made things easier.

The general feeling over here, is that you guys have made a HUGE mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom