U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 06:37 PM

2,121 posts, read 1,160,394 times

Advertisements

On one occasion I sent a letter/package - from mailing Stateside to receiving a response from Blighty it took about (a miraculous) five days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 06:26 PM

1,571 posts, read 1,939,548 times
It should take about a week. It may take a month or more.

I've sent mail - letters or postcard - to Glasgow, and it's taken a week, two weeks, or sometimes a month. Packages have actually arrived consistently within a week.

I know someone who used to work for the postal service in England, and he always talked about how it was total crap, and that you couldn't really count on items to be delivered within the same time frame consistently.

I've also had UK mail take about a month to reach me (in Utah), but most of the time, it arrives within a week or so.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,627 times
Hello can anyone tell me how long would it take for a package to come from the UK to Seneca Sc in the unites states & it was shipped out on the 10of January & I still haven't gotten it

Old 01-31-2015, 09:41 AM

6,135 posts, read 2,885,804 times
The USPS use to be the envy of the world with personal delivery to anyplace in the entire country, even the most remote outposts.
However it has become a bloated bureaucracy with incompetent people hired/promoted who know they cannot be fired.
So between affirmative action hires and union tactics/contracts that protects people who don't give a flip, it has become inefficient.
There are times it has taken letters sent from the west coast to South Florida to take 2 weeks to arrive.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:21 AM

320 posts, read 246,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Sorry to ask such a dull question but does anyone know how long a normal letter actually takes to get from USA to UK?

Last year I bought an item from Scotland on Amazon.com. It only took 3 days to ship from Glasgow to Kansas City, MO. I was amazed. I was expecting at least a week.

About 12 years ago I sold a book to a lady in Birmingham, England, and it took almost 7 weeks to travel from Missouri to Birmingham. After 5 weeks the lady sent me an email, saying that it had not arrived. I apologized and refunded her money. About 2 weeks later she sent another email, saying that the book had finally arrived. For some reason British customs impounded the book, opened the package, and inspected it, she said. They held up the book for nearly 6 weeks.

Last edited by RDM66; 02-03-2015 at 02:56 AM..

Old 07-09-2015, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,225 times
Smile Jailbroken ps3

My friend sent me jailbroken ps3 from England he sent in June he use Royal Mail how long arrive to North Carolina USA

Old 07-09-2015, 02:30 PM

1,830 posts, read 947,995 times
Can't speak to US => UK, but going in the opposite direction two identical pieces of standard first class mail posted together took four days to Md. and eight days to NC. Suggests problems with USPS rather than UK.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:31 PM

1 posts, read 277 times
I mailed a cd not even in a case it prob weighed a couple ounce , cost me $13.00 and that was from Okla city Oklahoma to England UK, way to high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom