Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 01:14 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,501,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Like many Americans dh and I are appalled at the choices in this upcoming election. If the crazy side wins we have decided that this really is NOT our country anymore. They will take away healhcare, pass backwards laws, most progress that has been made will have been in vain.

He can get back in. As his wife, what do I require? Just to be married to him? Someone told me that's all I'd need and that he would go first and in a few months I could go too. My grandparents were British subjects, not that it makes any difference, does it?

It's scary asking this question even though I've always wanted to live in England. We are retired and you'd think we'd be settling down now. We do have an adorable little baby grandson in Lancs and that's a draw for us. No family to speak of over here.
See you soon then hopefully

im sure YOU would have no problems getting in my love, you're as flawless as the queen compared to a lot of the riff raff that's been let in so you'd be most welcome I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I agree rent is ridiculous. I just booked for 5 weeks and it's $10,000. It's in London, but still not cheap even with the low exchange rate.
Where you staying?

See you also very soon

Hope you have a great time

Old 04-30-2016, 01:34 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,729,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Where you staying?

See you also very soon

Hope you have a great time
Not hotel. Private house/apartment. I hope to go to that restaurant near Paddington. Maybe I'll bump into you.

Old 04-30-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Not hotel. Private house/apartment. I hope to go to that restaurant near Paddington. Maybe I'll bump into you.
That restaurant!!!??? LOL there are 100 at least in Paddington

Yes sounds good more chance in the pubs if honest...... ( surprise surprise )

When are you arriving?

Old 04-30-2016, 01:45 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,729,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
That restaurant!!!??? LOL there are 100 at least in Paddington

Yes sounds good more chance in the pubs if honest...... ( surprise surprise )

When are you arriving?
The Swan, I saw your post that you live near it. Yeah it's a pub. May/June time frame. Then off to continental Europe for a month.

Old 04-30-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
The Swan, I saw your post that you live near it. Yeah it's a pub. May/June time frame. Then off to continental Europe for a month.
Lol that's a 10/15 minute walk for me

It's a pub that lady golightly ( sorry I'll return DM tomorrow if you seen this, I opened it once whilst out and about and just noticed it now ) frequented in the 90s, it's a great pub that serves food and it's right in front of Kensington palace gardens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom