Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 03:31 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,107,664 times

Advertisements

I agree with Dizzy, though a lot of Toffs ( people who have been handed money and there are loads of them, Hugh Grant wannabees) have left Britain and live in places like Tuscany, Menorca, South of France and the Ski resorts ( they are weird and give the UK a bad name). When I first went to Ibiza, Tenerife, France, I was a pain in the backside and a p***head-. It wasn't until you settle down and I first went to Italy -Bologna- in 2000 and I was blown away with the culture, food, relaxed way,dress sense, the warmth, women, warm women,everything- even saw a nuns riding scooters: that I grew up, instantly These hooligans are prob worse now and drink is the main reason. If we come out of the EU and cheap flights vanish then the yobs will stay at home. ( I should have voted the other way)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 01:50 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Thankfully were not all the same... but Ive seen some embarrasing people too on holidays..we went to a place called Malia in Greece to see what it was like.... the place was empty during the day as all the drunks were sleeping off the partying the night before.. so not much of a holiday if they dont see the sun.. or the sites...it was horrible just full of clubs and pubs.. the locals were way up the top of the town hidden behind shops and no wonder, as I wouldnt fancy living there... They also had the biggest police station Id seen since going to Greece on many occassions , so its just another destination for young ones to go mental.
Yes, I've been there too. It's similar to what it's like in Spain.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:54 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
someone here earlier today posted a link of British teen tourists, fleeing Bulgarian resort due to "mafia gun shootings":

British teenagers on Bulgaria holiday caught in flee gangland shooting at Sunny Beach bar | Daily Mail Online
Anyway, I am NOT praising the bulgarian drunk retards doing the shootings here, but I'd be way happier if things like that keep UK tourists away.

And with that being said, I wish them luck and hope they vote "out" on the referendum on 23th.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:06 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
To be fair, English lads were OK... almost all of that kind of behavior came from young women. At least what we've observed.

So, is this typical ? Or did we just get a wrong impression ?
Unfortunately, there was a 'ladette' culture that started in the UK in the 90's, whereby some women would get drunk, fall about half naked and act a bit loutish. It was almost like they were trying to keep up with 'the lads'. I don't know if this has ever gone away. You can still see this sort of behaviour in city centres on weekends. I have certainly seen it in Cardiff city centre.

I'm guessing that when these groups of women go abroad, they still act in this same way. It's as if it is normal to them.

Also, over the years, these wild 'stag and hen parties' have become more popular, and so has having these parties abroad. When I got married many years ago, I just had a nice meal with my friends in a pub and then went to a nightclub afterwards, for a bit of a dance. But now some groups of men and women just seem to go mad.

Having said that, not all British people are like this, of course. Just some will give us a bad name.

Old 06-10-2016, 03:42 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
no no theres an inbetween decent mob as well.
Said in jest - partly.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:19 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Said in jest - partly.
no not in jest.... it depends where all these young louts go and the decent tourist would be seen near these well known boozy resorts. god help the residents who live there.There was a hen night leaving from Glasgow on our plane and I was ashamed to be a female...

Old 06-11-2016, 05:49 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,302,319 times
Well, somehow I just don't see Prague as a "boozy resort". But then I may be behind the times..

Old 06-11-2016, 06:26 PM

994 posts, read 1,237,200 times
Hey buddy - enough with the curse words!

Old 06-12-2016, 05:00 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
someone here earlier today posted a link of British teen tourists, fleeing Bulgarian resort due to "mafia gun shootings":

British teenagers on Bulgaria holiday caught in flee gangland shooting at Sunny Beach bar | Daily Mail Online
Anyway, I am NOT praising the bulgarian drunk retards doing the shootings here, but I'd be way happier if things like that keep UK tourists away.

And with that being said, I wish them luck and hope they vote "out" on the referendum on 23th.

I don't see any of the locals turning English tourists away from their bars when they offer all day 'happy hours'! Honestly people like you make me sick, happy enough to take their money only too quick to complain about them when they're gone. I am sick and tired of 'Europeans' attitude to the British, personally I too hope we vote out, perhaps then it would be more difficult to spend our money in Spain and we can holiday in the UK instead, lets see if the Spanish are happier with empty resorts instead.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:18 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I don't see any of the locals turning English tourists away from their bars when they offer all day 'happy hours'! Honestly people like you make me sick, happy enough to take their money only too quick to complain about them when they're gone. I am sick and tired of 'Europeans' attitude to the British, personally I too hope we vote out, perhaps then it would be more difficult to spend our money in Spain and we can holiday in the UK instead, lets see if the Spanish are happier with empty resorts instead.
While Galega in Spain, the Greek and Italian Mafia make their money behind the scenes , maybe these countries have more to worry them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom