Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 03:20 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The EU countries will probably have three entry points. EU, non EU, and UK. Holidaymakers from the UK may have to put up with slaps round the head, and thumb screws for random holidaymakers officials don't like the look of. Noisy drunken louts dragged out of the queue, and taken off to jail.

Hmmmmmm......... that might be a good idea........
No point in 3 channels.

EU and non-EU. Same everything, it's just the Brits who have to switch.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:21 AM

703 posts, read 446,528 times
Quote:
I'd lie then. I'd say to the immigration officials, "I never wanted to leave. I have a photo of Jean-Claude Juncker among the family pictures. To me, he is like family......."

They'd look at my passport, and put it in a machine. "pardon me senor........ are you English Dave from city-data?" I would say no, it's a lie!!!........

I reckon the watchers across the water have your card well marked Dave.
I'd give Spain a miss if I were you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 03:23 AM

1,129 posts, read 470,245 times
Quote:
It's in 'Politics.' It's gone real quiet now. I think I've scared them off....... I've changed tactics, and am now trying to be nice........
Just had a read....

I don't think you need any help there, you've got them tied in knots

FREEDOM...

Old 09-13-2019, 03:30 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
Just had a read....

I don't think you need any help there, you've got them tied in knots

FREEDOM...
Yeah....... it was fun while it lasted...... But now I've put them in their place, it's back to Brexit.

C'mon Boris do something for us to talk about. I wish he could have talked them into a general election for the middle of October. That would really have put the cat among the pigeons.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Yeah....... it was fun while it lasted...... But now I've put them in their place, it's back to Brexit.

C'mon Boris do something for us to talk about. I wish he could have talked them into a general election for the middle of October. That would really have put the cat among the pigeons.
An election is not a fair contest for Brexit though so you'd be cheating.

Needs a referendum with a clear No deal Brexit or remain on the paper, that would give the clear opinion of the British public with no ambiguity and would give instruction on the way forward.

Everyone would have to accept the result including Jo Swinson and Nigel Farage .

Old 09-13-2019, 03:54 AM

703 posts, read 446,528 times
I don't see the connection between settling the dispute and a general election.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:59 AM

Quote:
An election is not a fair contest for Brexit though so you'd be cheating.

Needs a referendum with a clear No deal Brexit or remain on the paper, that would give the clear opinion of the British public with no ambiguity and would give instruction on the way forward.

Everyone would have to accept the result including Jo Swinson and Nigel Farage .
They'd try and muddy the water with a second referendum britinspain. I have a feeling there would be more than two questions. I think at least three. Leave, but only with a deal accepted by Parliament, no deal Brexit, or remain.

They know they messed up last time, with just stay or leave. They thought they had it in the bag, and have learned their lesson. The remainers in politics will pad the vote for remain with ever more votes dished out to folks who shouldn't have one.

Give it just to UK born citizens. No Irish citizens living in my country. No folks like you who have left. Only UK born and bred citizens. Those folks who mostly have roots going back in this country hundreds of years. You know as well as I do what the result would be. It would be to leave, with a larger majority than last time.

We would never get that vote. The remainers would ensure it. It's do or die. If we fail now, we will never be given the chance to vote on EU membership again. Even though there would be a running sore at the heart of British politics. The EU only care for our money. They don't give a toss about our struggles with never ending immigration.

It's now or never. A General Election will have to do you. If Labour win, you will get your second referendum, and it will be ensured remain win, by hook or by crook. All you got to do is win it.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff956 View Post
I don't see the connection between settling the dispute and a general election.
There isn't but Brexiteers want to settle it with one knowing they have a better chance of winning with Corbyn in opposition and will say this is vindication for a no deal Brexit which it isn't.

Equally Remainer's want a referendum with a 3 way vote to split the Brexit vote.

Neither are fair.

A way forward cannot be agreed in parliament so now a referendum on the options should be given to the people and it should be clear vote for continuing Brexit with no deal or to stay. there can't be any ambiguity this time, it needs sorting in the clearest terms.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:10 AM

I disagree about Brits living in Europe not being allowed a vote on any Brexit deal, this is life changing for many of them who moved in the belief of the UK with a future in Europe.

My position is very strong and I won't be returning whatever happens but many thousands are not so fortunate and UK policy in Europe could ruin their lives and returning to he UK for them could be the only option if the UK leaves, they have every right to have a vote.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:12 AM

Quote:
There isn't but Brexiteers want to settle it with one knowing they have a better chance of winning with Corbyn in opposition and will say this is vindication for a no deal Brexit which it isn't.

Equally Remainer's want a referendum with a 3 way vote to split the Brexit vote.

Neither are fair.

A way forward cannot be agreed in parliament so now a referendum on the options should be given to the people and it should be clear vote for continuing Brexit with no deal or to stay. there can't be any ambiguity this time, it needs sorting in the clearest terms.
But we won't get that. The remainers in Parliament will ensure there is more than two questions, to split the vote favouring remain. We're not stupid, we know what they're up to. Remain at all costs.

They think they can get their way, and all the folks who voted leave will just go away quietly. This will not happen. There will be a campaign for leaving the EU that will never end. Constant trouble caused in the European Parliament, and rigorous questioning of every new treaty the EU dream up, ensuring ever closer union. We will always be a thorn in their side, and I believe some, just don't think we're worth it. Not even for all the money we put in the EU coffers.

With a bit of luck, one country will find the guts to refuse us a further extension, and then it's all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom