Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 11:08 AM

18,506 posts, read 18,656,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Yeah...... it's a bear pit. Very entertaining though.......... I would have liked to see Hilary Clinton on one side, and Margaret Thatcher on the other. Maggie would have ate her for breakfast........ Then Bernie Sanders for dessert.
Not many stood up to Maggie.. she was a force to be reckoned with... whether you liked her or not she had power..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 11:10 AM

1,104 posts, read 916,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Yeah...... it's a bear pit. Very entertaining though.......... I would have liked to see Hilary Clinton on one side, and Margaret Thatcher on the other. Maggie would have ate her for breakfast........ Then Bernie Sanders for dessert.
Yup! No teleprompters to reach for here. Maggie wouldn't just stop there, she'd get a plane to DC, walk into Congress, tell em they're all naughty boys and need to go to bed early. And they would.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:21 PM

27,047 posts, read 13,311,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb View Post
Yup! No teleprompters to reach for here. Maggie wouldn't just stop there, she'd get a plane to DC, walk into Congress, tell em they're all naughty boys and need to go to bed early. And they would.
It was once said of Margaret Thatcher that she was the only one in her cabinet who had any balls.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:29 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,407,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
It was once said of Margaret Thatcher that she was the only one in her cabinet who had any balls.
I used to love 'Spitting Image' back in the 80s. It got more cruel as time passed. One sketch had two of Maggie's cabinet in the toilet using the urinals. One said to the other, "at least in here we're safe...." Suddenly, Maggie came in, wearing pants. She stood between them, and unzipped her fly........

Old 06-29-2016, 12:34 PM

3,566 posts, read 2,107,115 times
I wish Corbyn would just quit and be done with it!

The bloke has become a clown on the world stage, and is doing his party or the country in this time of uncertainty, absolutely no favours at all!

I really don't know what kind of Pyrrhic victory he is trying to achieve, but he lost credibility with his ministers and back benchers.

Silly person!

Old 06-29-2016, 01:11 PM

18,506 posts, read 18,656,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
I wish Corbyn would just quit and be done with it!

The bloke has become a clown on the world stage, and is doing his party or the country in this time of uncertainty, absolutely no favours at all!

I really don't know what kind of Pyrrhic victory he is trying to achieve, but he lost credibility with his ministers and back benchers.

Silly person!
Hes not doing this for the party anymore its for himself and what he wants to achieve..

Old 06-29-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Hes not doing this for the party anymore its for himself and what he wants to achieve..
Well the man is totally deluded! He will have to step down eventually, and I suspect his 15 minutes in the sun will be over and won't be invited out again for a very very long time!

Still worries me about natural successors though! Do they really want to go back to another "Nu Labour" of the Blairite era? I certainly hope not! It didn't work for Tony "The Truth" Blair, and it didn't work for Ed Moribund either.

Labour is like a beached whale, flip-flopping on the beach, waiting for someone or something to either shove it back out to sea, or put it out of its misery once and for all.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:10 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,545,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Well the man is totally deluded! He will have to step down eventually, and I suspect his 15 minutes in the sun will be over and won't be invited out again for a very very long time!

Still worries me about natural successors though! Do they really want to go back to another "Nu Labour" of the Blairite era? I certainly hope not! It didn't work for Tony "The Truth" Blair, and it didn't work for Ed Moribund either.

Labour is like a beached whale, flip-flopping on the beach, waiting for someone or something to either shove it back out to sea, or put it out of its misery once and for all.
I think it'll be the best for Labour to split.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I think it'll be the best for Labour to split.

But isn't this what the old Liberals did back in the 80s? Didn't they split up to form the Social Democratic Party, followed by the Liberal Democrats shortly after?

My dad supported the LibDems during that time but became disillusioned due to its lack of becoming a party with it's own unique identity, with policies differing considerably from the Tories and Blair's New Labour

Old 06-29-2016, 02:30 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,545,784 times
Frankly i don't understand why there isn't good support for LibDems.

Your liberals look very sane, not like our free sh*t liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom