Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 01:18 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,907,803 times

Advertisements

Whocares386, you cannot get a work visa to be a computer technician in the UK - it's not a graduate level job. When I said you needed to take 5 years to get a degree and some relevant job experience I meant it. You really do need to do this! Take a look at the UK shortage occupation list below. These are the jobs that you can get a work visa for, but only if you have both qualifications and experience.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ccupation-list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 03:24 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut2016 View Post
Uk is better, you dont riks being shooted there if you skin color isnt the right one. In america people put race before everything, in the UK and Europe people focus on other things more relevant.
Rubbish. You've been brainwashed by the media.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:34 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut2016 View Post
Uk is better, you dont riks being shooted there if you skin color isnt the right one. In america people put race before everything, in the UK and Europe people focus on other things more relevant.
This, from somebody who does not have a clue.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:36 AM

92 posts, read 87,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurus View Post
Whocares386, you cannot get a work visa to be a computer technician in the UK - it's not a graduate level job. When I said you needed to take 5 years to get a degree and some relevant job experience I meant it. You really do need to do this! Take a look at the UK shortage occupation list below. These are the jobs that you can get a work visa for, but only if you have both qualifications and experience.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ccupation-list
I searched in the internet and I heard; most of PC services do not need a degree. If I am really good at it, I think I can found a job. I'll be have a experience before I get there.

And I don't think so UK or US government will give a permanent resident or work permit visa for the computer technician. They won't allow me as a computer technician.

Between UK and Turkey has a deal. It is called in Turkey: ''Ankara Agreement'' or in UK they call: Turkish Businessperson visa-ECAA but it can be scrapped.. Because, UK will be out from EU 2-3 years later.

If that agreement will be still available it can be usefull for me. I thing there is a only way to be a legal; it is marriage. I should come with tourist visa and work temporarily out of states then as soons as possible I'll marry.

I haven't found enough answers about my questions yet. Is there anybody can compare about UK and US about cost of living standards ? Not London or NYC, please compare cheap cities. Which country have better Social benefits ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Old 08-16-2016, 08:53 AM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares386 View Post
UK's weather is more proper for me because I like cold, cloudy, chilly weather and sometimes rainy. I hate hot humid summers..
The US also has regions with a cool, rainy climate. It is a huge country. Not all of it has hot, humid summers.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:16 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Which country have better Social benefits ?

USA has next to nothing. And if you are an immigrant you can't get what little there is until you've been here legally for five years with a sponsor taking care of you.

There is no housing unless you qualify for welfare (below the poverty line) or are disabled--and then you get to live in a cramped dump most of the time. There is help with food but it's only $16/month, which buys just about nothing. Many towns and churches have food pantries for the poor.

If you are well under the poverty level you may get some help with the winter heating bill.

The US is very competitive and it's every man for himself. Oh--anything medical is VERY VERY expensive here. That's the primary reason for personal bankruptcy. You pay for insurance and it's usually through your job, deducted from your paycheck. If you don't have a job, you don't have medical insurance. It's often hard to change jobs because you'll lose your health insurance. The VERY poor can get medicaid for health insurance. All of these benefits will cause people to look down at you though.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:23 AM

In the US, the states that would be more generous with benefits are in the NE and NW. I think that's where the more progressive people live and the states are more helpful to people. But the NE has a terrible climate with muggy hot summers and high cost of living. The NW has the cloudy cooler weather. These are also the more expensive places to live in the first place and they are the places with the most jobs.

If you don't want hot muggy summers, you probably don't want the east coast at all.

The Pacific NW (Washington STATE, not DC) and Oregon have the cool cloudy climate--although you'd need to talk to someone from that area to get the particulars.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:46 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,907,803 times
Whocares386, if you go to the UK on a tourist visa, you will not get work from any legitimate employer as there is a £10,000 fine for anyone who employs an illegal immigrant. That's you if you are trying to work on a tourist visa. The only jobs you will get are menial labouring jobs from employers who intend to exploit your illegal status by paying you less than minimum wage. No registrar will perform a marriage ceremony if you don't have the appropriate visa and in any case being married to a UK citizen does not give you the automatic right to live in the UK. Your spouse must meet certain financial requirements in order to sponsor you for a marriage visa. Unless your life in Turkey is one of extreme poverty, you will not be better off as an illegal. You will be worse off. Find a way to go legally or forget it.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:26 AM

92 posts, read 87,218 times
Quote:
Whocares386, if you go to the UK on a tourist visa, you will not get work from any legitimate employer as there is a £10,000 fine for anyone who employs an illegal immigrant. That's you if you are trying to work on a tourist visa. The only jobs you will get are menial labouring jobs from employers who intend to exploit your illegal status by paying you less than minimum wage. No registrar will perform a marriage ceremony if you don't have the appropriate visa and in any case being married to a UK citizen does not give you the automatic right to live in the UK. Your spouse must meet certain financial requirements in order to sponsor you for a marriage visa. Unless your life in Turkey is one of extreme poverty, you will not be better off as an illegal. You will be worse off. Find a way to go legally or forget it.
I didn't know that, thank you very much. Can you say for the USA about same things-rules about marriage ? Or if I go to the US on a tourist visa, can I marry with a US citizen with no problems ?

I searched about USA and I found, I guess it won't be a problem:
Getting Married On A Tourist Visa To A US Citizen Can You Do It?

And you said:

''Your spouse must meet certain financial requirements in order to sponsor you for a marriage visa.''

It'll be easy. Because if we love each other, financial requirement won't be a problem.

I have to move another country, there is no way I can live in Turkey. That country isn't safe and there are a lot of people supporting dictator Erdogan. They want to turn that country to the islamic state. Turkey doesn't care about Evolution, science. I won't be able to grow a child as a wanted. Life is really expensive here. Min. wage per month is 1300 TL ($445). If you want to live in cheapest city and want to rent a house you must pay 500-550 TL, food expensive cost of meat = 48-74 TL. If you want to buy a second hand 1994 model BMW e36 you should pay for that 25.000-30.000 TL ! If you want to buy a new 2012-2016 BMW you should pay 165.000-195.000TL ($56.000-66.000). iPhone 6 64gb = 3199 TL ($1092).

People don't love atheist person here. Education system based on creationism bullsh*t, actually Turkish culture is not for me.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Same for the US. You need to be a permanent resident, which is known as having a green card. If you met a woman, she would have to be financially able to support you for five years if anything happened to your job and she would be your sponsor. If she can't afford to sponsor you, maybe she could find a friend or relative to be a co-sponsor and be responsible for you for the five years that you will be ineligible for help from the government. She would sign legal papers.

It's a long, expensive process to get into the USA, many thousands of dollars. Then, once you are in, you pay more fees--and they are expensive. At the beginning of the process you have to pay to get a background check and a medical check with vaccinations. At the end of the process, you go though an interview at the embassy.

A lot of people sneak in illegally from Mexico but that's not the way to do it. They work for low wages and could be deported.

From the sounds of the way of life over there, I don't blame you for wanting to leave but unfortunately it's very hard to get into either the US or the UK. Save up a lot of money and find a wife--but make sure you're not faking it because they demand proof--that seems to be the best way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom