Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 11:55 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times

Advertisements

OP - it's getting harder to get any sort of residency in the US. You could attend school/university here but cannot get grants/loans and so will have to pay up front each semester with your own cash. Some posters gave you wrong info - not all of the south is in the Bible Belt now. I live in the triangle area of North Carolina (towns of Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) and it's no longer considered BB. Atheists live everywhere...no worries about this.

As to gun violence or being shot because of your race that poster made a broad statement that is incorrect. Most of the US is very safe, certain areas are not. Chicago is the murder capital of the US. But it's only a certain part of Chicago. However, it, like any other large city here is expensive. The US used to be cheaper to live than the UK. I was in the UK in summer and found many things - used cars, food, clothes, to be cheaper than where I live in the US. But since Brexit and the pound falling, I've read that some costs are going up.

I understand you wanting to leave Turkey, and I wish you success in finding the right place for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 02:47 AM

24 posts, read 17,053 times
I don't think that any English speaking country will accept you. I don't know how South African immigration system works but it's maybe the only English speaking country that may accept you.
Why not Germany? Turkish people love Germany and there are many Turkish immigrants in Germany. Turkey will maybe integrate the European Union very soon and you can move easily to Germany.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:16 AM

92 posts, read 87,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu12 View Post
I don't think that any English speaking country will accept you. I don't know how South African immigration system works but it's maybe the only English speaking country that may accept you.
Why not Germany? Turkish people love Germany and there are many Turkish immigrants in Germany. Turkey will maybe integrate the European Union very soon and you can move easily to Germany.
Actually I'm not expecting any country will accept me easily. I have to find a way for myself. And there are bunch of ways to get in and live in these countries. But I don't want to live as an illegal so that I have to find a legal way to get permanent residency.

For the U.S.A, I can apply Diversty Lottery if I'm lucky I can win. (I don't know are they looking for some status?)

Or if I found loyal-fell in love with me a girl I can marry with her and we can live happily after forever. But for that I need time and I don't want any fraud or tricky marriage! It's shamefull and disgusting for me.

Also for the UK, there is an agreement we call Ankara Agreement or ECAA. That agreement allows a Turkish citizen to start their own business in the UK. They give 1 year work permit and residency after that if you are successful they give 3 years after that you can be British citizen. And you don't need so much money for that project 3.000-4.000 pounds can be enough for your job. (Of course it is about what kind of job will you run)

No, I don't want to live in German speaking countries such as Germany, Austria.. Yes there are so much Turkish in the Germany but if you ask Germans about: ''what do you think about Turkish people who live in Germany?'' Your response might not be as good as expect you are..

No, it is impossible. Turkey CANNOT integrate the European Union and it is not proper for the EU. If you ask me: ''Should Turkey join the EU?'' I would answer NO, IT SHOULD NOT!.

Thank you for your comment for me.

Last edited by Whocares386; 11-30-2016 at 03:44 AM..

Old 11-30-2016, 03:40 AM

92 posts, read 87,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
OP - it's getting harder to get any sort of residency in the US. You could attend school/university here but cannot get grants/loans and so will have to pay up front each semester with your own cash. Some posters gave you wrong info - not all of the south is in the Bible Belt now. I live in the triangle area of North Carolina (towns of Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) and it's no longer considered BB. Atheists live everywhere...no worries about this.

As to gun violence or being shot because of your race that poster made a broad statement that is incorrect. Most of the US is very safe, certain areas are not. Chicago is the murder capital of the US. But it's only a certain part of Chicago. However, it, like any other large city here is expensive. The US used to be cheaper to live than the UK. I was in the UK in summer and found many things - used cars, food, clothes, to be cheaper than where I live in the US. But since Brexit and the pound falling, I've read that some costs are going up.

I understand you wanting to leave Turkey, and I wish you success in finding the right place for you
Thank you for your best wishes for me.

As I said before on my post, there is an agreement between UK and Turkey we call Ankara agreement or ECAA. It is oppurtunity for me do you think should I think about live in UK ? I have no idea about Brits what do they think about immigrants or racism ? I've watched a video and it says: '' We're full don't come in!'' And maybe Brits might be angry about Muslims because they want sheria law in that country! But I'm not a culturel threat I just want to live how they are living right now and I can contribute that society.

I know U.S seems much more proper for me I just wanted to ask because I have an oppurtunity for the UK. For the U.S I don't have one like that, my optionals are for the U.S: Diversity lottery or marriage.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:19 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares386 View Post
Thank you for your best wishes for me.

As I said before on my post, there is an agreement between UK and Turkey we call Ankara agreement or ECAA. It is oppurtunity for me do you think should I think about live in UK ? I have no idea about Brits what do they think about immigrants or racism ? I've watched a video and it says: '' We're full don't come in!'' And maybe Brits might be angry about Muslims because they want sheria law in that country! But I'm not a culturel threat I just want to live how they are living right now and I can contribute that society.

I know U.S seems much more proper for me I just wanted to ask because I have an oppurtunity for the UK. For the U.S I don't have one like that, my optionals are for the U.S: Diversity lottery or marriage.
Identifying with a religion is declining in both the US and the UK. Culturally, it is more probably more acceptable to be an atheist in the UK, since the noticeable decline in religious belief started in the UK before the US, and agnosticism and atheism are more prevalent in the UK. However, Islam, which does not take well to atheism or even agnosticism and especially not apostasy, is growing far more in the UK than it is in the US. Also in the US, while criticism of Islam is still permitted in polite society (and people are trying to distinguish between being anti-Islam (ideology) versus anti-Muslim (i.e. the person or perhaps ethnicity), in the UK you are always using the term "Islamophobia" - i.e. making criticism of even the ideology (sexist and homophobic as it is) a "PC crime". So in 10 yrs time, who knows which country you would feel more comfortable in.
On the other hand, if you were a Muslim I'd say the UK would be a far more comfortable place to settle.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:58 PM

24 posts, read 17,053 times
Well, if you can go easily to the UK, I think it's the best choice for you. With Trump as president, I think immigrants should avoid this country.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:02 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
If you did get into the US, probably the best part would be the midwestern states like Ohio and thereabouts. The American South is much too hot and humid for half the year and you already said you don't like that. It is UNbearable. There is also a lot more conservative religion there.

The North has far less religion but is very expensive. If you went to the MIDwest (north but not east and not west, in the middle) so there are only a few months of terrible heat and humidity) and it is a cheaper part of the country--probably about the same as England.

But with Trump coming into power, we do not know what to expect. Many of us who are US citizens and have lived here all our lives are worried that he will take away our health insurance. It's not a very safe place to come to at the moment.

Old 12-13-2016, 03:44 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Rubbish. You've been brainwashed by the media.
Yeah right. Over 30, 000 deaths a year from guns speaks for itself.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:04 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,670,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
That doesn't sound like the America where I live.
Nor I ... I rarely experience people being "shooted" anywhere I go. But, you know, if you watch enough American TV, you'll think every place is like the South Bronx in the 1970s, and that getting "shooted" is possible the moment you walk out your door, I guess.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:51 AM

4 posts, read 2,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If you did get into the US, probably the best part would be the midwestern states like Ohio and thereabouts. The American South is much too hot and humid for half the year and you already said you don't like that. It is UNbearable. There is also a lot more conservative religion there.

The North has far less religion but is very expensive. If you went to the MIDwest (north but not east and not west, in the middle) so there are only a few months of terrible heat and humidity) and it is a cheaper part of the country--probably about the same as England.

But with Trump coming into power, we do not know what to expect. Many of us who are US citizens and have lived here all our lives are worried that he will take away our health insurance. It's not a very safe place to come to at the moment.
Is northern NE also expensive?I always wanted to live in NH or ME, and still do.I know that NH has crazy property taxes.Is there any particular reason of that high cost of living?Are salaries too high?I heard that cities like Tucson AZ, Tulsa OK are way affordable.Are these places a better choice for a fresh starter outsider than New England?I like northern New England best and also like Rust Belt.But if these places are not best choices for me, then I'm ok with living anywhere else.

I can also live in UK.I'm not willing live in crazy expensive places like London.I heard that there are smaller cities in Midland and Northern part of England with good job market like Leeds, Nottingham etc.

I was also born and raised in Turkey.Mentality has changed hugely in last decade.Ofc it's not going further.I'm currently studying mechanical engineering but I don't think it will be valid if i move abroad to us or uk since it's a degree of a Turkish school.I'm not %100 percent sure though.I'm not religious either.However I'm not digging evolution.I just don't care about this sort of things.I don't consider myself as atheist.I just don't believe in any religion, that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom