Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 10:59 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Like if you were to print up and distribute flyers/ads that said "The Queen sucks!" along with other mean and awful things talking about how bad the Queen is could it get you arrested?
Well I'm sure you wouldn't end up on her New Years honours list!!!

But I'm sure it's more lenient than most for example in Thailand ( before he died ) you would probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on .... literally if you insulted the monarchy

But as above said think of the sex pistols
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 11:26 AM

1,104 posts, read 919,480 times
You get in MORE trouble for saying nice things about her Majesty

Old 12-23-2016, 12:23 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
How about the Dixie Chicks? Whoohah!

Destroying The Dixie Chicks – Ten Years After | Saving Country Music

Now that was a stellar example of a blowback of epic proportions.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:23 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
Trying to answer seriously as a non-Brit, I know this conspiracy theorist guy (David Ike) even writes books claiming that the Queen is a pedo-reptilian 0_0. And he gets away easily lol. But recently they made some kind of law where "internet trolling" is forbidden, I think?

Old 12-23-2016, 07:47 PM

983 posts, read 738,188 times
Really interesting. One other question: When it comes to those guards at Buckingham Palace that wear those really long hats and wear red is it true that, short of actually hitting them I presume, you can do all sorts of things to them like make faces, say mean things to them and they won't even flinch?

Old 12-23-2016, 07:55 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Really interesting. One other question: When it comes to those guards at Buckingham Palace that wear those really long hats and wear red is it true that, short of actually hitting them I presume, you can do all sorts of things to them like make faces, say mean things to them and they won't even flinch?
They're famous for it yes unless you find a " rogue " one or a normal bloke that likes fancy dress ......

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mir...?client=safari

I doubt it's her real guard as they are as highly trained as special forces ( from what I've heard ) so can't see them being intimidated, wound up or throwing all that away for something like this

Old 12-23-2016, 08:48 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Well...and this is ancient history but it was interesting at the time--I was at some special royal important place a long time ago, think it was in London. Anyway there were these marble lions in front and a kid climbed on one and fell off. He was lying on the ground, injured.

I ran up to the guard who was standing nearby (almost more statue-like than the marble lions) and told him, then begged him to get help. It was like speaking to someone in a trance! I wanted to say, What is Wrong with YOU????

Finally, eyes straight ahead, mouth barely moving, he mumbled something about how he was not really supposed to speak. I think he may have had a walkie-talkie and summoned help because I remember seeing an ambulance drive up shortly thereafter. (I think I do vaguely remember that the man actually moved--must have been the hand getting the walkie-talkie.)

Old 12-24-2016, 01:35 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Trying to answer seriously as a non-Brit, I know this conspiracy theorist guy (David Ike) even writes books claiming that the Queen is a pedo-reptilian 0_0. And he gets away easily lol. But recently they made some kind of law where "internet trolling" is forbidden, I think?
You may be surprised to discover that many countries have laws that forbid trolling often not by name but certainly by nature. It depends on the activity performed to produce the trolling, but things like setting up multiple accounts with the intent to post malicious statements is pretty much illegal everywhere under stalking and harassment law. However the typical rule of thumb is that if you could not say to a person something without fear of arrest and prosecution (because it is threatening or abusive), then you can't post it online either. Further many countries have abuse of electronic communications laws that can be very punitive, for instance by law if you were really unlucky as a troll, you could be looking at a 20 year sentence in a Federal Penitentiary from the US government under the Wire Fraud act (28 USC 1343).

Old 12-24-2016, 02:25 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
Quote:
What a horribly boring job. You couldn't pay me enough.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:56 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
You should hear what she says about you.
woudlnt it be fun to find out, hahaha, the thing is that some want to still live in her country regardless, strange phenomenom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom