Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 01:02 AM

2,639 posts, read 1,994,407 times

Advertisements

Found an article online, Think About The U.K. in Nafta. Really by Therese Raphael. Brings up the idea of U.K. joining NAFTA. This idea has been around for years, but we have now seen a Brexit referendum.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:54 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
I see Tony Blair has opened his big mouth on Brexit. He should just go away, and get on with spending the money he has earned since leaving office. It was his government that opened the immigration floodgates. He is shameless and despicable.

Tony Blair calls for people to 'rise up' against Brexit - BBC News

Old 02-17-2017, 02:34 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I see Tony Blair has opened his big mouth on Brexit. He should just go away, and get on with spending the money he has earned since leaving office. It was his government that opened the immigration floodgates. He is shameless and despicable.

Tony Blair calls for people to 'rise up' against Brexit - BBC News
How very 'undemocratic' of him.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:39 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,115,790 times
Blair has a very selective memory!

He talks about the People rising en-mass against Brexit in order that Government will listen!

And yet during the Gulf War crisis when Blair was PM, he chose to ignore the People who were protesting en-mass against the invasion of Iraq.

This parasite should be in prison for war-crimes, and not pontificating in order to stay relevant

Old 02-17-2017, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
Blair has a very selective memory!

He talks about the People rising en-mass against Brexit in order that Government will listen!

And yet during the Gulf War crisis when Blair was PM, he chose to ignore the People who were protesting en-mass against the invasion of Iraq.

This parasite should be in prison for war-crimes, and not pontificating in order to stay relevant
I totally agree with you. He is just plain disgusting, and should just go away for good. He has no shame, or even apparent guilt for Iraq, and his deadly mistakes.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:16 AM

Quite an enlightening speech in terms of content, however!

Shame it came 8 months too late, and delivered by the most unsuitable/contemptible person one can think of!

Old 02-18-2017, 09:11 AM

1,529 posts, read 916,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
You know what's coming next, after we trigger Article 50? Well, that's great red. Do tell me. Not about the negotiations, we all know that. You tell me what you think will come at the end of them. I have my opinion on that. You tell me yours.
Dave, I hate to break it to you, even if Article 50 is triggered and even if there are negotiation, very little will change. In two years Theresa will be gone or she will have changed her tune. Just admit it, you need us more than we need you.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Dave, I hate to break it to you, even if Article 50 is triggered and even if there are negotiation, very little will change. In two years Theresa will be gone or she will have changed her tune. Just admit it, you need us more than we need you.
Ah, there you go again red, trying to stir the pot......... Article 50 will be triggered, and then our slow motion withdrawal from the EU will begin. Theresa will still be PM in two years. The so called opposition are in disarray.

You're wrong, we don't need you, more than you need us. Time will show this to be true. Just be patient....

Old 02-18-2017, 12:03 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,994,407 times
It has been pointed out that the British seem desperate for trade deals, therefore they are negotiating from a position of weakness.

One possible antidote would be a trade deal with the United States, or one that includes the USA. Meaning that the British would have a deal with the country with the largest economy. Such a deal appears likely, because of the BFF relationship.

Then there are the Commonwealth countries.

The result would that the British would be members of a grouping that is large in terms of aggregate market, population, and resources. And when the British negotiate with other prospective trade partners, they won't appear needy.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:13 PM

Vauxhall deal: PM set to meet Peugeot boss - BBC News

Talking of trade deals: seems like General Motors is keen to sell its European arm to French Peugeot Group - specifically, Vauxhall and Opal!

Britain as two massive Vauxhall plants that although very efficient at present, could be under the spotlight if the deal goes through and PSA decides to consolidate their manufacturing base to mainland Europe. PSA may also close both plants in the next couple of years while A50 is close to being completed and the UK could subsequently face Export Tariffs into Europe, coupled with a weak Pound.

May is at this negotiation meeting, and I suspect a deal will be reached; although we probably won't know the full details just yet, although I can't imagine there will be any state aid or "preferential benefits" to persuade the potential new owners to keep the UK plants open. This would certainly fly in the face of her "Hard Brexit" vision!

Moreover, the French may just close the plants out of sheer spite for the UK to have the temerity of leaving the EU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom