Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 12:04 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,403,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Gross, can't you get better chocolate?
Now watch it or I'm going to get annoyed. Cadbury's is the best chocolate in the world, bar none. I include the overrated Swiss chocolate, and that pony and trap the Yanks eat, Hershey's.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:12 PM

1,529 posts, read 912,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Heh heh........ Boy, Mrs Merkel's face was a picture during the dressing down from Le Pen. I don't say it often but 'Vive la France.' Made my day, it really did.........

Course I can count red......... and I don't need a calculator like most of the educated idiots today.......

Your Panzer days are over red. The only tanks in Germany are American and British ones. Haaaaaaaaaaa. Now stop making me laugh, I nearly swallowed my Cadbury's fruit and nut before fully chewed.
HaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaHaaaaaaa to you to Dave. Guess you have not heard the Germany's Leopard is currently the world's best Tank widely exported all over the world. I wouldn't be surprised if France too would like to buy some.

By the time the European elections are over we will have Pen the looser apologizing to Merkel the Winner. Dutch elections are not very relevant.

Enjoy your Cadbury before the company gets sold to the Chinese.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
HaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaHaaaaaaa to you to Dave. Guess you have not heard the Germany's Leopard is currently the world's best Tank widely exported all over the world. I wouldn't be surprised if France too would like to buy some.

By the time the European elections are over we will have Pen the looser apologizing to Merkel the Winner. Dutch elections are not very relevant.

Enjoy your Cadbury before the company gets sold to the Chinese.
How's the exhaust emissions from your Leopard tank? Sure hope you're not telling porkies about that, like VW did........

Merkel is done by the end of the year. I'm sure a care home place will be found for her among other old deluded ex leaders.

Don't go there with Cadbury's red........... Bad enough those heretics Kraft owning it.

Last edited by English Dave; 03-02-2017 at 12:30 PM..

Old 03-02-2017, 12:53 PM

14,801 posts, read 17,622,969 times
Quote:
Now watch it or I'm going to get annoyed. Cadbury's is the best chocolate in the world, bar none. I include the overrated Swiss chocolate, and that pony and trap the Yanks eat, Hershey's.
Wierd, Cadbury is only slightly better than Hershey's, both are garbage. I'll stick with Belgian, German, French or Swiss.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:00 PM

3,566 posts, read 2,105,302 times
I have to agree with Vlajos - Ever since Cadbury's sold out, the standard of chocolate has deteriorated quite badly over the years, to the point where I just don't bother with their stuff anymore

Old 03-02-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
How's the exhaust emissions from your Leopard tank? Sure hope you're not telling porkies about that, like VW did........

Merkel is done by the end of the year. I'm sure a care home place will be found for her among other old deluded ex leaders.

Don't go there with Cadbury's red........... Bad enough those heretics Kraft owning it.
Merkel will do just fine, better than Pen.

To bad Kraft got into Cadbury. The Yanks know nothing about making chocolate. Regardless of brand, they all taste the same.

Now that VW situation. You realize it was a very tricky marketing ploy. Contrary to public knowledge, mass marketing was invented in Germany ( by the Third Reich) and not in the USA. So back to VW, following all the diesel brouhaha the company's sales skyrocketed. In 2016 VW overtook Toyota as the highest selling car manufacturer worldwide. How is that for german excellence.

As far as our Tanks are concerned, we might just start mass producing them for our own use and drive them all the way to Moscow. Maybe third time lucky and instead of interfering, join us. Running out of space for your growing population.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:43 PM

Quote:

To bad Kraft got into Cadbury. The Yanks know nothing about making chocolate. Regardless of brand, they all taste the same.

Now that VW situation. You realize it was a very tricky marketing ploy. Contrary to public knowledge, mass marketing was invented in Germany ( by the Third Reich) and not in the USA. So back to VW, following all the diesel brouhaha the company's sales skyrocketed. In 2016 VW overtook Toyota as the highest selling car manufacturer worldwide. How is that for german excellence.

As far as our Tanks are concerned, we might just start mass producing them for our own use and drive them all the way to Moscow. Maybe third time lucky and instead of interfering, join us. Running out of space for your growing population.
I used to day dream about Hershey chocolate when I was a kid. Anything American fascinated me. I finally got to America first time in 1987. I bought a Hershey bar......... it was awful. Real waxy, strange taste. I guess you need to be brought up with it from childhood.

I didn't know the Third Reich invented mass marketing. I remember reading they built great roads, and the Voltswagen Beetle was going to be mass produced for the public. The war stopped that plan.

Yeah, Kraft owning Cadbury's is a sore point for me. They keep messing about with the company, and don't seem to realise, or care, this is an iconic brand for the British.

As for another go at Moscow, the winters don't seem as bad these days........ I hear Leningrad in particular, is very nice in the summer.

You know in your heart Merkel is done. The Greeks will be back soon for some more German taxpayers money. I sure am glad we're getting out of the EU club.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:59 AM

14,249 posts, read 17,885,317 times
Quote:

Trying for Moscow a third time?

I believe it was Einstein who said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Trying for Moscow a third time?

I believe it was Einstein who said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.
A third time is not doing it over and over again. OTH, why not. We have the know how, the economy and the man power. Who is going to stop us? Not you?

Old 03-03-2017, 08:31 AM

14,249 posts, read 17,885,317 times
Quote:
A third time is not doing it over and over again. OTH, why not. We have the know how, the economy and the man power. Who is going to stop us? Not you?
Probably a couple of Russian nukes would be sufficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.