Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 02:54 PM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,561,157 times

Advertisements

Hello. Let me show you mates an interesting finding I've seen today while looking a memory chest that my father gave me a while ago.

Apparently, according to him, he just found this 30 years ago while walking in a pine forest located near Segovia, central Spain.

I'm wondering about the time someone from the British Secret Service lost that, but I would say at anytime earlier than the Spanish Civil War as United Kingdom kept neutral in it.

Is it a valuable old item?

http://i63.tinypic.com/2v8s9x0.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 03:36 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,225,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post

No.

Obvious novelty item. If it were produced today, it would probably replace the instructions to eat the key with an even more ridiculous statement about having to kill anybody who asked to borrow it.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:30 AM

14,823 posts, read 11,945,197 times
Quote:
Hello. Let me show you mates an interesting finding I've seen today while looking a memory chest that my father gave me a while ago.

Apparently, according to him, he just found this 30 years ago while walking in a pine forest located near Segovia, central Spain.

I'm wondering about the time someone from the British Secret Service lost that, but I would say at anytime earlier than the Spanish Civil War as United Kingdom kept neutral in it.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2v8s9x0.jpg
Its just a bit of light-hearted fun, don't worry you don't have to eat it, just have it as a 'keepsake' and put your keys on it.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:14 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,907,836 times
I highly doubt an item from MI5 would have "British Secret Service - MI5" written on it. I'd like to think our secret service are more competent than that.

Although I do recall a British spy leaving classified documents on a train a few years back...

Old 01-26-2017, 02:12 PM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,561,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
I highly doubt an item from MI5 would have "British Secret Service - MI5" written on it. I'd like to think our secret service are more competent than that.

Although I do recall a British spy leaving classified documents on a train a few years back...
Perhaps they weren't as competent in the past, but who knows.
Anyway, we are not talking about a hot tourist spot like Las Ramblas in Barcelona or Puerta del Sol in Madrid, but a huge pine forest located 60 kilometres away northwest from Madrid, so I don't think that an eco-friendly tourist lost a funny keychain, but someone from the M15 lost an official, proper key from the British Secret Service, perhaps during the Peninsular War:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peninsular_War

Old 01-26-2017, 02:47 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,907,836 times
Quote:
Anyway, we are not talking about a hot tourist spot like Las Ramblas in Barcelona or Puerta del Sol in Madrid, but a huge pine forest located 60 kilometres away northwest from Madrid, so I don't think that an eco-friendly tourist lost a funny keychain, but someone from the M15 lost an official, proper key from the British Secret Service, perhaps during the Peninsular War:

Wishful thinking my friend. It's a novelty piece. Items like that can be custom made for a very low price.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:11 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,225,625 times
Quote:
...I don't think that an eco-friendly tourist lost a funny keychain, but someone from the M15 lost an official, proper key from the British Secret Service, perhaps during the Peninsular War...

I own a bridge in New York City. Would you be interested in buying it?

Old 01-26-2017, 03:45 PM

5,586 posts, read 10,616,683 times
Quote:

MI5 only became known as MI5 a hundred years after the Peninsular War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MI5#History

Do you honestly think that the writing on that keychain looks like something made 200 years ago?

Old 01-26-2017, 04:24 PM

61,418 posts, read 86,419,982 times
If captured eat this key? Kinda big to swallow

Not of value. You can buy it here for £2
Brass Key Ring Fob/ Label - British Secret Service - James Bond. - MI5
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...vice-288435026

Old 01-26-2017, 07:33 PM

13,455 posts, read 8,993,637 times
It is very clearly just a joke keychain, the fact that it says "broom cupboard" on it too should make you see that lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom