Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 02:58 PM

32,638 posts, read 48,015,234 times

Advertisements

[quote=TheHumanist;47439118].........
Having some spending money for traveling to other countries
............Healthy balanced diet..........

My Wife is interested in getting a part-time job to help with some spending money, but nothing wild and crazy........./quote]

Travel to other countries can be cheap if you are careful with money. I remember a radio station giving away a trip to Paris, and I thought,"Wow!!!.... Oh wait a minute, Paris is quite close and easy to get to". Not really such an expensive rare prize.

I went to France several times just for day shopping, which also involved some groceries. But that was when the chunnel just opened and the ferry was offering a day trip for a car, round trip, and all the people you could fit into the car for 10 pounds.

My family camped all over Europe and that can be economical.

Diet: you will eventually find where the good restaurants are. Anything you could possibly want to cook is available in the supermarkets and the Brits are very good home cooks. I don't understand why it is so tricky to find a good restaurant that doesn't cook a narrow selection of foods to mush.

If you are in Britain on a sponsored work visa, your wife might not be able to get permission to work.

My family had one left drive car and one right drive car. Both the drivers switched back and forth between cars and also changed sides of the road going from Europe to Britain and back again with absolutely no problems at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom