Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 03:48 AM

27,134 posts, read 13,429,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post

Hiding Diane Abbott away at this late stage of the game, was a few weeks too late..........
Diane was initially very excited when Corbyn asked her to help him with his 'huge election', sadly it turned out she misheard what was being said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 10:47 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times
Quote:
All the talk is over now, and today it's about the people going out to vote. I sure hope the rain doesn't put them off........ I sent my postal vote off a while back.

I predict a increased majority for the Tories. Not saying if that's the right or wrong thing, just the way it is.

Once you look through the distractions of overexcited telly pundits, and polls all over the place, when push comes to shove, the vote will go for the Tories.

Hiding Diane Abbott away at this late stage of the game, was a few weeks too late..........
I went out in the pouring rain earlier, to vote - and got soaked! Hope it was worth it!

Did a bit of tactical voting.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:20 AM

Well... I've never seen a fight at a Polling Station before!...

Fight breaks out between photographers at Tim Farron's polling station | Metro News

Old 06-08-2017, 11:24 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Well... I've never seen a fight at a Polling Station before!...
Just a bit of photographer's fighting with handbags at dawn.........

Old 06-08-2017, 11:26 AM

I guess I'll be stopping up late tonight watching the election results come in. Some people seem to think there is going to be a Brexit moment here, with a shock result.

No there won't. Corbyn is going to lose some of his parliamentary party. It's just a matter of how many.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Just a bit of photographer's fighting with handbags at dawn.........
Lol, yes!

Quote:
I guess I'll be stopping up late tonight watching the election results come in. Some people seem to think there is going to be a Brexit moment here, with a shock result.

No there won't. Corbyn is going to lose some of his parliamentary party. It's just a matter of how many.
I'll try to stay awake as long as I can. I usually try to see the results of my constituency, but they are annoyingly slow with their counting!

Yeah, I think we all know that the Tories will win overall - it's just a matter of how many seats. Expect there will be a few surprises along the way, in various marginals...

Old 06-08-2017, 11:56 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Scotland is going to be interesting. How many seats will the SNP lose? How many will the Tories gain (any gains are a bonus)? Will Labour and the Lib Dems recover any of their seats?

Old 06-08-2017, 03:41 PM

275 posts, read 185,503 times
U.K. GDP growth was weakest in Europe in first quarter - Jun. 8, 2017

How well will the Tory party be able to keep the economy going after the elections? Growth is not there as companies are voting with their feet, markets are also pounding the pound (pun intended) and the social expenditure cuts will only further a recession.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:34 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,938 times
All I hope is that there's no Labour minority government. The "coalition of chaos" looks like a potential reality. God help us.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:29 AM

Jeremy Corbyn is smiling like a Cheshire cat. You would think he had won the election! What he has done by increasing the amount of Labour MPs is ensuring 'New' Labour is dead and buried. This result ensures he carries on as leader, and no more back stabbing from the Parliamentary party.

Plus Diane Abbott can now have a miraculous recovery from illness, and will be all over our tv screens like a rash.

The real loser is Theresa May. Even though she has won the election, she had a disastrous campaign, and is weakened by the result. Not a good way to go into Brexit talks starting in ten days. She may hang on as PM for now, but long term she is a dead PM walking. The Tories don't like losers, and the background boys will see the result of this election as a loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom