Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 12:51 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
The UK, it's all you ever seem to talk about, you show your face in all of these Brexit threads.

But as you said, this isn't about individuals. So I shall take my leave
Good bye!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I see The Longest Day is your favourite film red. Happy days huh?.......... I'm only kidding with ya. I know at the heart of you, you like the English. I think you just like stirring the pot to see the reaction.
Of course I like the English. A Welsh mother in law, father in law from Manchester and I married their daughter. Living in England for a number of years I learned how to wind up the Brits. Also I love the Pubs. After 25 years I walked in for a pint at my local, the bartender greeted me with, " how are you doing mate, same as usual".

Anyway, to stay with May and Brexit. I very sincerely believe that leaving The EU is a very big mistake. If there was a rerun of the Brexit vote the "leave crowd" would lose. That's my opinion. British people are not stupid, just stubborn.:

Forgot to add, yes I enjoyed the " Longest Day". We still lost, but it was one of the better WW2 movies

Last edited by red baron; 04-26-2017 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: Adding sentence.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:29 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Of course I like the English. A Welsh mother in law, father in law from Manchester and I married their daughter. Living in England for a number of years I learned how to wind up the Brits. Also I love the Pubs. After 25 years I walked in for a pint at my local, the bartender greeted me with, " how are you doing mate, same as usual".

Anyway, to stay with May and Brexit. I very sincerely believe that leaving The EU is a very big mistake. If there was a rerun of the Brexit vote the "leave crowd" would lose. That's my opinion. British people are not stupid, just stubborn.:

Forgot to add, yes I enjoyed the " Longest Day". We still lost, but it was one of the better WW2 movies
You're right we are stubborn. But you're wrong on the vote........ a rerun would still be to leave. Probably by a wider margin. We were told the world was going to fall in on us - it didn't.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:29 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post

If there was a rerun of the Brexit vote the "leave crowd" would lose.
So what do you think GE17 is ?
For what it's worth there hasn't been a single opinion poll carried out since the Brexit Referendum which says Britain would vote any differently.
So-called buyer's remorse hasn't happened.
Brexit poll: Six months on, Brits stand by EU decision - CNN.com

Old 04-27-2017, 04:50 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
Quote:
You're right we are stubborn. But you're wrong on the vote........ a rerun would still be to leave. Probably by a wider margin. We were told the world was going to fall in on us - it didn't.
Also, and for many people, I think the actions and words of the EU since the referendum have been an eye opener for many people ..... anti-democratic, hostile and money grabbing.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:22 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,922,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Also, and for many people, I think the actions and words of the EU since the referendum have been an eye opener for many people ..... anti-democratic, hostile and money grabbing.
True, the childish and hostile behaviour of many senior figures connected to the EU has strengthened the resolve of those who voted to leave, and alienated many of those who once supported the organisation.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:39 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,724,360 times
Quote:
Agreed, I voted remain now I would vote leave. The attitude coming from many in the EU, especially Junker is one of confrontation and denial at that anything is wrong with the EU - therefore the dinosaurs in the commission are here to stay and its bureaucratic business as usual.

No thanks. I've never voted Torie in my life but I will now on the 8th June.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:32 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
Quote:
Even in the period leading up to the vote, we were being verbally threatened by many. Some even within Government like the Chancellor of the Exchequer of that time.

The threats just hardened my resolve to vote to leave. Since then, the EU has done nothing to make me change my opinion of that organisation.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:55 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
True, the childish and hostile behaviour of many senior figures connected to the EU has strengthened the resolve of those who voted to leave, and alienated many of those who once supported the organisation.
The behaviors of the EU is like a a mafia. Stay, or bad things will happen should you try and leave.

Thank goodness UK is getting away from these idiots. I expect the UK to prosper 5-10 years after the initial separation pains have gone away. That will only encourage other countries in EU to break the shackles..

Old 04-27-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Not yet, just wait a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom