Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 04:29 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times

Advertisements

Here we go......... she wants an election on June 8th. She'll win by a landslide. Labour will be decimated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 04:31 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,920,372 times
Default Theresa May calls for snap election.

I can't say I saw this one coming:

May to seek snap election for 8 June - BBC News

Old 04-18-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
I can't say I saw this one coming:

May to seek snap election for 8 June - BBC News
Snap election, and snap new threads..........

Old 04-18-2017, 04:39 AM

It sounds like the election will go ahead. Labour turkeys are ready to vote for Christmas.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Snap election, and snap new threads..........
I was seizing my opportunity!

In fairness the news came almost an hour ago, I'm surprised nobody had put anything up yet.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:51 AM

Quote:
I was seizing my opportunity!

In fairness the news came almost an hour ago, I'm surprised nobody had put anything up yet.
That's what I thought! You and me must have been typing almost in tandem.........

Old 04-18-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
That's what I thought! You and me must have been typing almost in tandem.........
Damn I've just seen your thread

I guess they should merge them or lock this one up.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Damn I've just seen your thread

I guess they should merge them or lock this one up.
Nah, we'll just gab on yours. Mine can wither and die....... All the talking heads are saying this election is necessary, to give May a mandate going forward. Labour must be in turmoil........ lots of seats will be lost I guess. It all depends just how many. I guess it's too late to get rid of Corbyn now. It's difficult for candidates to get behind him as leader, especially when MPs tried to get rid of him a short while ago!!

Old 04-18-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Nah, we'll just gab on yours. Mine can wither and die....... All the talking heads are saying this election is necessary, to give May a mandate going forward. Labour must be in turmoil........ lots of seats will be lost I guess. It all depends just how many. I guess it's too late to get rid of Corbyn now. It's difficult for candidates to get behind him as leader, especially when MPs tried to get rid of him a short while ago!!
Labour are going to take a hammering, but they have enough safe seats to allow them to remain the opposition. The Lib Dems will make gains, but not as many as they think. UKIP might pinch a few Labour seats, and Scotland is a foregone conclusion, there's no effective opposition to the SNP north of the border, even despite their poor governance and tunnel-vision over independence.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Labour are going to take a hammering, but they have enough safe seats to allow them to remain the opposition. The Lib Dems will make gains, but not as many as they think. UKIP might pinch a few Labour seats, and Scotland is a foregone conclusion, there's no effective opposition to the SNP north of the border, even despite their poor governance and tunnel-vision over independence.
Yep, there is no way Labour MPs can suddenly start talking up Corbyn for PM. Not after all that has been said about him by his own Parliamentary party. They have a real problem here. They will fight like rats to save their seats, and their cushy jobs.

Once the Tories start quoting the statements Corbyn has made the last 30 years on terrorism, the IRA, and lots of other subjects, Labour is sunk. It's just a matter of how many seats they manage to hang onto. A lot of idealistic youngsters seem to support Corbyn. May be this time they'll get up off their arses, and go and vote.

The Liberals will perk up, and may gain a few more seats. Like you say Scottish tunnel vision will ensure the SNP do well. UKIP were in a great position until Nigel Farage walked away. Theresa May could end up with a massive majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom