Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 07:31 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
And thank goodness that we in the US have President Trump who recognizes the threat of muslims.
Muslims are not a threat.Islamic extremists are.
It's an important distinction which if it is not made plays right into the hands of the terrorists.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:44 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
It's an important distinction which if it is not made plays right into the hands of the terrorists.
If the Muslim world does not want western people to see them as a threat then they need to stand up and in a loud voice condemn this barbarism. The Muslim nations need to take the advice given to them by the president of the USA and root this savage ideology out from thier nations and the clerics need to condemn this in no uncertain terms. The radical islamists are speaking with thier violence for the whole Muslim world. Only a strong rebuke from the majority of moderate muslims can stop or reduce the amount of people who see muslims as a threat and problem. Frightened and angry victims are not bigots for blaming muslims, they are only making judgements on the obvious facts. Reality is that most terror is committed in the name of the Muslim religion. Ignoring reality does not make it change.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:46 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,218 times
Once you guys are out of the EU will you be able to deport? Are they already citizens? How does this all work?

Very sorry for the tragic loss of lives. I would love to see ISIS bombed out of existence.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:47 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
If the Muslim world does not want western people to see them as a threat then they need to stand up and in a loud voice condemn this barbarism. The Muslim nations need to take the advice given to them by the president of the USA and root this savage ideology out from thier nations and the clerics need to condemn this in no uncertain terms. The radical islamists are speaking with thier violence for the whole Muslim world. Only a strong rebuke from the majority of moderate muslims can stop or reduce the amount of people who see muslims as a threat and problem. Frightened and angry victims are not bigots for blaming muslims, they are only making judgements on the obvious facts. Reality is that most terror is committed in the name of the Muslim religion. Ignoring reality does not make it change.
Spot on. In fact, ignoring the reality of it all just makes it so things like this bombing continue to happen.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:47 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Once you guys are out of the EU will you be able to deport? Are they already citizens? How does this all work?

Very sorry for the tragic loss of lives. I would love to see ISIS bombed out of existence.
I wish only ISIS was the problem.

Designated Foreign Terrorist Organizations
Abu Nidal Organization (ANO)
Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)
Aum Shinrikyo (AUM)
Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)
Gama’a al-Islamiyya (Islamic Group) (IG)
HAMAS
Harakat ul-Mujahidin (HUM)
Hizballah
Kahane Chai (Kach)
Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) (Kongra-Gel)
Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
National Liberation Army (ELN)
Palestine Liberation Front (PLF)
Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ)
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLF)
PFLP-General Command (PFLP-GC)
Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP/C)
Shining Path (SL)
al-Qa’ida (AQ)
Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU)
Jaish-e-Mohammed (JEM)
Lashkar-e Tayyiba (LeT)
Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade (AAMB)
Asbat al-Ansar (AAA)
al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM)
Jemaah Islamiya (JI)
Lashkar i Jhangvi (LJ)
Ansar al-Islam (AAI)
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (formerly al-Qa'ida in Iraq)
Islamic Jihad Union (IJU)
Harakat ul-Jihad-i-Islami/Bangladesh (HUJI-B)
al-Shabaab
Revolutionary Struggle (RS)
Kata'ib Hizballah (KH)
al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP)
Harakat ul-Jihad-i-Islami (HUJI)
Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP)
Jundallah
Army of Islam (AOI)
Indian Mujahedeen (IM)
Jemaah Anshorut Tauhid (JAT)
Abdallah Azzam Brigades (AAB)
Haqqani Network (HQN)
Ansar al-Dine (AAD)
Boko Haram
Ansaru
al-Mulathamun Battalion
Ansar al-Shari'a in Benghazi
Ansar al-Shari'a in Darnah
Ansar al-Shari'a in Tunisia
ISIL Sinai Province (formally Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis)
al-Nusrah Front
Mujahidin Shura Council in the Environs of Jerusalem (MSC)
Jaysh Rijal al-Tariq al Naqshabandi (JRTN)
ISIL-Khorasan (ISIL-K)
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant's Branch in Libya (ISIL-Libya)
Al-Qa’ida in the Indian Subcontinent

Old 05-23-2017, 07:57 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Unfortunately the "extremists" are more numerous than many people like to believe. Look at opinion polls taken from around the Muslim world.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:58 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The northern towns of England have been invaded by a foreign culture for about 50 years now. In many towns it is like living in a foreign country. Places like my home town Oldham, are nothing like they were in my childhood.

Other towns like Rochdale, Burnley, Blackburn, and Bolton have been changed beyond recognition. As you say, most of the Muslims just want to live their lives in peace. But, there is a large group among them who wish us harm.

They blame us for everything that is wrong with the Middle East, and refuse to accept their own part in it. The biggest killers of Muslims in the world, are other Muslims. The different parts of Islam hate each others guts.

The murder of these people last night in Manchester, will be cause for celebration in the Muslim world. Some of those celebrating are living within my country.

I have no answers because there aren't any. Unlike the IRA, we cannot negotiate with these people. Their intent is the eventual take over of my country, and Europe. Why they would want to recreate the Islamic mess seen elsewhere in the Muslim world is a mystery, but there we have it. They are quite happy to feed off us like parasites for now. But whatever we do, including total withdrawal from the Islamic world, won't be enough.

Their long term aim is taking over, and eventual world domination by Islam. What we do makes no difference to that aim. As long as we have leaders that pander to them, then Muslims will use them for now. In the end, it will be them or us. If we lose, they will enslave some, and kill the rest.

Our jails are filling up with Islamic criminals and terrorists. This will be a breeding ground for even more terrorism. It will never end until a civil war brings it to an end, one way or the other. I hope this is still many years away, but I just don't know any more.
My husband went to college near this area. He said years ago, maybe 50 years ago, some Muslim acquaintances told him their vision of caliphate, he didn't understand why at the time, now he does.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:03 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,471,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post

Most of Britain's Muslims are from the Commonwealth and not from the EU so whether Britain is in or out of the EU isn't going to make much difference as far as their Muslim population goes. Many of Britain's Muslims are British born.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_...United_Kingdom

Old 05-23-2017, 08:09 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I wish only ISIS was the problem.

Designated Foreign Terrorist Organizations
Abu Nidal Organization (ANO)
Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)
Aum Shinrikyo (AUM)
Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)
Gama’a al-Islamiyya (Islamic Group) (IG)
HAMAS
Harakat ul-Mujahidin (HUM)
Hizballah
Kahane Chai (Kach)
Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) (Kongra-Gel)
Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
National Liberation Army (ELN)
Palestine Liberation Front (PLF)
Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ)
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLF)
PFLP-General Command (PFLP-GC)
Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP/C)
Shining Path (SL)
al-Qa’ida (AQ)
Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU)
Jaish-e-Mohammed (JEM)
Lashkar-e Tayyiba (LeT)
Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade (AAMB)
Asbat al-Ansar (AAA)
al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM)
Jemaah Islamiya (JI)
Lashkar i Jhangvi (LJ)
Ansar al-Islam (AAI)
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (formerly al-Qa'ida in Iraq)
Islamic Jihad Union (IJU)
Harakat ul-Jihad-i-Islami/Bangladesh (HUJI-B)
al-Shabaab
Revolutionary Struggle (RS)
Kata'ib Hizballah (KH)
al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP)
Harakat ul-Jihad-i-Islami (HUJI)
Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP)
Jundallah
Army of Islam (AOI)
Indian Mujahedeen (IM)
Jemaah Anshorut Tauhid (JAT)
Abdallah Azzam Brigades (AAB)
Haqqani Network (HQN)
Ansar al-Dine (AAD)
Boko Haram
Ansaru
al-Mulathamun Battalion
Ansar al-Shari'a in Benghazi
Ansar al-Shari'a in Darnah
Ansar al-Shari'a in Tunisia
ISIL Sinai Province (formally Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis)
al-Nusrah Front
Mujahidin Shura Council in the Environs of Jerusalem (MSC)
Jaysh Rijal al-Tariq al Naqshabandi (JRTN)
ISIL-Khorasan (ISIL-K)
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant's Branch in Libya (ISIL-Libya)
Al-Qa’ida in the Indian Subcontinent
Not so simple is it. Escalated actions against potential extremist groups would escalate retaliation of course. The emotional bluster is satisfying but probably not wise.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:15 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
My husband went to college near this area. He said years ago, maybe 50 years ago, some Muslim acquaintances told him their vision of caliphate, he didn't understand why at the time, now he does.
I went to college in Manchester from 1974 - 1977. My parents are from Manchester, I have cousins in Manchester and I think what you have posted is a load of nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom