Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 10:23 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
How does the European Union affect the amount of immigrants that come from Asia and Africa?

2.9 Million people living in Britain are EU nationals.
Easy, there are plenty of Europeans of African, Asian and even Latin American origin in the UK. They came in under their EU passport they acquired in the past 10 years. An extra couple of million people will soon get an EU passport in the coming years and many of them will come to the UK. Look at the jungle in Calais. Despite being in a prosperous country already they still want to go to the UK.

Quote:
How has the United Kingdom been taken for fools? Of course we don't need asylum seekers or refugees they need us. Isn't it a good deed to help others in need? That doesn't mean we take on more refugees than we can handle but we do our fair share.

The UK hasn't taken in its ''fair share'' amount of Syrian refugees.
The UK has taken just 18% of its
Who decides what's the UK's fair share? Merkel? Brussels? This is exactly the point of leaving the EU. The UK has received steady migration since the 40's long before the rest of Europe just because Germany has a change of heart in the past 5 years to accept migration doesn't mean they can impose this on Britain.

And what about those refugees? Are you blind? How many of the refugees are young, strong men of military age compared to women and children? It's the upper class of society that can pay thousands of pounds to traffickers and the poor ones are left in refugee camps on the outskirts of Syria. The investment should be made in neighbouring countries; Jordan, Lebanon and these people should be fighting for their country just like Europe did in the 30's/40's. Not incentivising them to make the treacherous trip where plenty have lost their lives.

Quote:

The issue of Muslims to deal with? What issue? Islamic terrorism? We also have the issue of right wing extremism to deal with and the issue of gang crime to deal with?
Those issues are not on par. Sure right wing extremism should be combated but how many people have been killed by right wing extremism in the past 15 years and how many have been killed by islamists? There's no comparison. If 2,000 right wing British men and women were off creating a pseudo state hell bent on destroying our freedoms and way of life believe you me they would be getting their passports revoked and imprisoned for life. Your apologist tactics don't wash anymore.

Quote:
Maybe you should point the blame at the government for asking British nationals from the former empire for coming here.
That was steady manageable migration. Also the British government is heavily blamed for its flawed migration and integration policies. Brexit was a clear message to the British government that the public are no longer going to accept the status quo. A new solution must be found but everyone is too scared to debate maturely focused on truths.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:24 AM

2,639 posts, read 1,992,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The French especially want to punish us,.
Sounds like it will be a bitter divorce.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:31 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,920,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Really, where?
You've started about 5000 threads on the subject. Although half of those have been closed down for being pointless.

Last edited by Razza94; 06-20-2017 at 10:41 AM..

Old 06-20-2017, 10:32 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
I know you didn't say anything to question 1 but I'm asking you How does the E.U affect immigration from Africa and Asia? If the whole reason for Brexit is to halt immigration then whats the point if most immigrants are from outside the E.U?

Do you recognize the benefit to immigrants who have opened up businesses, who drive buses, work in schools, in the nhs etc?
Like I answered you. I didn't say EU immigration affected people coming from Africa and Asia. We have to start somewhere. We need to close down many of these so called schools for students from Asia and Africa. Punish employers severely for giving jobs to illegals. Throw out over stayers. We may need to start getting nasty, or we are in danger of being overwhelmed.

I sure do recognise the benefits to immigrants working in my country. They have children educated by us, they claim benefits like tax credits, rent allowance, family allowance, and probably others that I don't even know of. How does this help the country? Do our own people not need work? The NHS has been importing staff because it's far cheaper than educating our own to become doctors and nurses. It doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I don't know how old you are, and if young, you will have been listening to propaganda most of your life. Multiculturalism is good.... diversity...... everything in the garden is rosy. Well I remember a very different England. You won't want to believe it, but it was better.

Don't ask me any more questions on this subject. It is off topic, and we will be getting our hands slapped. I know what you're up to kid....... don't waste your time. There isn't a question you can ask, that I haven't got an answer for. Better posters than you have tried to tangle me in knots on this board. The truth is never a lie.

Last edited by English Dave; 06-20-2017 at 10:40 AM..

Old 06-20-2017, 10:42 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,015,953 times
Quote:
Sorry it's boring you. I know...... it's being going on for a while. But, it is about the future of my country. I have little faith in the politicians discussing this future. The EU will try and stitch us up like kippers. Better to just walk, and take whatever comes........ just get it over with. If that is a Europe wide slump - well, that's up to them. It depends just how much they desire to punish us.

I'd rather have a slump than a 80 million population, which will make present problems look like a stroll in the park.
It's "boring" in the sense that it's not productive to anyone. Neither for the locals, nor the ones from the continental part.
A major issue such as immigration should've been decided even before the referendum, but it isn't an year later.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I sure do recognise the benefits to immigrants working in my country. They have children educated by us, they claim benefits like tax credits, rent allowance, family allowance, and probably others that I don't even know of. How does this help the country? Do our own people not need work? The NHS has been importing staff because it's far cheaper than educating our own to become doctors and nurses. It doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I don't know how old you are, and if young, you will have been listening to propaganda most of your life. Multiculturalism is good.... diversity...... everything in the garden is rosy. Well I remember a very different England. You won't want to believe it, but it was better.
That's all one sided and not true of all. Although strains have obviously been caused by immigration, plenty of benefits have been had too. A steady flow of migration from the 40's to at least the 80's has helped to cement the UK and London as global powers from finance to science to entertainment and has helped to rebuild the country after the war and the economic mess that was the 70's that nearly saw the UK bankrupt like Argentina.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
That's all one sided and not true of all. Although strains have obviously been caused by immigration, plenty of benefits have been had too. A steady flow of migration from the 40's to at least the 80's has helped to cement the UK and London as global powers from finance to science to entertainment and has helped to rebuild the country after the war and the economic mess that was the 70's that nearly saw the UK bankrupt like Argentina.
Geez Pueblo........ we're off subject really, and I don't want this thread threatened with closure. You have my opinion, and I have mine. I knew London very well in the 70s......... it was better than today, at least for ordinary working class Londoners. I know, I went out with a few........

London is great now for the wealthy, who have settled there from all over the world. Look at Kensington - the richest part of a very rich city. That burnt out building, still with burnt bodies within it, must be hurting the eyes of the rich residents who can see it from their windows. Great place London as long as you've got more than your share.

The country was rebuilding quite nicely after the war without massive immigration. The Prime Minister Harold McMillan said in 1957, "you've never had it so good." The problems were there for all to see within a few years of joining the EU. It went out of control under Blair's government. The flood gates to immigration were opened. London did well out of it - plenty of cheap labour to bring you your coffees, and food in restaurants. For those of us in northern England, we have been swamped with many undesirables. Eastern European gypsies are causing problems, and immigration from their countries is increasing, no decreasing.

Just what we need eh?

Old 06-20-2017, 11:08 AM

699 posts, read 368,503 times
Quote:
Like I answered you. I didn't say EU immigration affected people coming from Africa and Asia. We have to start somewhere. We need to close down many of these so called schools for students from Asia and Africa. Punish employers severely for giving jobs to illegals. Throw out over stayers. We may need to start getting nasty, or we are in danger of being overwhelmed.

Don't ask me any more questions on this subject. It is off topic, and we will be getting our hands slapped. I know what you're up to kid....... don't waste your time. There isn't a question you can ask, that I haven't got an answer for. Better posters than you have tried to tangle me in knots on this board. The truth is never a lie.
Don't patronise me with that tone, please I deserve as much respect as the next person.

You don't seem the grasp that immigrants in this country have enriched the UK, you seem to think its just immigrants sucking the UK dry.

I don't think I'm the only one who's been listening to propaganda. Firstly I'm neither pro or against immigration. The only thing I'm pro is respect and human decency.

Both sides of my family are immigrants originally with your kind of anti-immigrant attitude it makes me wonder what you think of the children of immigrants. Are we not welcome in your lovely country? Should my family have never came here to work for London buses and work in retail?

I agree with you people born here should be prioritized when it comes for jobs, housing and getting welfare but I do not let this cloud my judgement that there's people on other sides of the world living in war conditions caused partially by western countries. The least thing we can do is help them by providing them basic necessities.

Would you rather let them die?

Old 06-20-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Geez Pueblo........ we're off subject really, and I don't want this thread threatened with closure. You have my opinion, and I have mine. I knew London very well in the 70s......... it was better than today, at least for ordinary working class Londoners. I know, I went out with a few........

London is great now for the wealthy, who have settled there from all over the world. Look at Kensington - the richest part of a very rich city. That burnt out building, still with burnt bodies within it, must be hurting the eyes of the rich residents who can see it from their windows. Great place London as long as you've got more than your share.

The country was rebuilding quite nicely after the war without massive immigration. The Prime Minister Harold McMillan said in 1957, "you've never had it so good." The problems were there for all to see within a few years of joining the EU. It went out of control under Blair's government. The flood gates to immigration were opened. London did well out of it - plenty of cheap labour to bring you your coffees, and food in restaurants. For those of us in northern England, we have been swamped with many undesirables. Eastern European gypsies are causing problems, and immigration from their countries is increasing, no decreasing.

Just what we need eh?
Sort of off-subject but all the factors we're discussing is what lead to Brexit and highlights what needs to be solved.

My parents arrived in the 70's in Dorking and moved to London after, they too say that it was a great place to live back then. They remember choosing something in the shop and with just an address with no need for credit checks or paying a penny, they could take it home and pay in instalments. They remember leaving cash on the porch for the milkman with no fear of someone pinching the cash. There was more trust then no doubt.

However, the fall of the North was thanks to the rise of Asia; mining could no longer be the bread and butter of the working class UK economy and the unions sabotaged the manufacturing industries. These were external factors combined with entitled local attitudes with tunnel vision.

Finally there was never "massive immigration" in 1957 or after the war. Immigration was a necessity both after the war and in the 70's as there wasn't enough of a workforce to keep the economy going. In the 70's the UK had higher emigration and the population was contracting. The unions were demanding their endless cigarette breaks holding the country to ransom with their lazy attitude. The UK would've gone bankrupt had a more global outlook not been employed. I agree that the 90's and especially early 2000's was when immigration began to get out of hand, however to say immigrants have only scrounged of the state is very misleading.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Don't patronise me with that tone, please I deserve as much respect as the next person.

You don't seem the grasp that immigrants in this country have enriched the UK, you seem to think its just immigrants sucking the UK dry.

I don't think I'm the only one who's been listening to propaganda. Firstly I'm neither pro or against immigration. The only thing I'm pro is respect and human decency.

Both sides of my family are immigrants originally with your kind of anti-immigrant attitude it makes me wonder what you think of the children of immigrants. Are we not welcome in your lovely country? Should my family have never came here to work for London buses and work in retail?

I agree with you people born here should be prioritized when it comes for jobs, housing and getting welfare but I do not let this cloud my judgement that there's people on other sides of the world living in war conditions caused partially by western countries. The least thing we can do is help them by providing them basic necessities.

Would you rather let them die?
Patronising is a speciality when I talk with do gooders......... Ah, your family are immigrants. I thought so from your self defensive tone. Listen, don't take offence, but there have been too many immigrants allowed into my country. They have destabilized whole communities up and down the country. We are fed up of being called racists for feeling swamped with immigrants. Like I said, the truth is never a lie. You will never hear the truth because folks won't want to discuss it with you.

There are many hard working immigrants from Europe, especially the Polish people. Hard working, well educated, and polite. We have a long history with the Poles. But, too many have come here, and I say that as a person who has plenty of respect for them. They are part of the problem forcing rents up because of lack of supply.

Many young British people cannot afford to even rent, never mind buy a home. Such things are just a dream to many. Immigration has harmed the ordinary working class British person. Many are worse off than their parents were. You don't think this is breeding resentment? You think this is right? You say we deserve to be prioritized when it comes to jobs, housing, and getting welfare. Well we're not, in fact we come behind immigrants. Don't believe me? Try talking to people who work within the system - I do.

I'm all for helping people within their own countries. It isn't a matter of me letting them die....... don't try that with me. Muslims are the worlds favourite refugee. Boy, they sure like the idea of coming to the Christian west don't they? Shame Saudi Arabia doesn't open its doors to them. Why should it be down to us? The biggest killer of Muslims are other Muslims. They have been doing so for hundreds of years. Why is that my problem? My concern is our people, and not having our children blown to pieces leaving a music venue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom