U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 11:50 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,530,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas982 View Post
Tucker Carlson is very good, Hannity... is, meh..ok sometimes, the rest are awfull, but no different to any other news channel tbh.
hannity is a batpoop crazy loon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 12:15 AM

1,800 posts, read 1,752,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Rupert Murdoch and his sons are pulling Fox News off the air in Britain.

The network's parent company, 21st Century Fox, has announced that the controversial news channel will no longer be broadcast in the U.K. after failing to attract an audience.

Fox News pulled off the air in Britain - Aug. 29, 2017
What do they mean by 'controversial'? Fox News has been my main news channel for years and I've never noticed anything controversial about them. They're a bit too liberal for my taste but that's all.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:54 PM

448 posts, read 230,203 times
Now if they would take it off the air here in the states, all would be well in the world!

Old 09-04-2017, 03:01 PM

231 posts, read 150,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
Now if they would take it off the air here in the states, all would be well in the world!

I cant agree with that one,only news you get that tells the truth.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:11 PM

5,849 posts, read 6,926,812 times
I am surprised y'all would tolerate any of our low quality news outlets over there. All of them have become political platforms for competing ideologies, fox for conservatives, CNN is left leaning, MSNBC is uber left and the old traditional networks also push a liberal slant. There was a time when the news over hear was closer to actually being news. The past 20 years our news had just become trash, nothing but politically biased commentary passed off on fools as if it were fact. Our British friends would do well to keep any American media outlets out of your country, in fact I wish we could get them out of America as well.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:54 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,530,377 times
there's always bloomberg

Old 09-05-2017, 12:58 AM

22,260 posts, read 5,510,378 times
A few years ago I was in Las Vegas on holiday. It was during the ebola crisis in Africa. I seem to remember one person had been discovered suffering with the virus in America.

I was in the US for two weeks, and every day we turned on the telly to watch the news as we prepared to go out. All Fox News talked about was ebola. I mean continuous. It was scare mongering of the most obnoxious kind.

Towards the end of our stay, the talk on Fox turned more to 'don't panic folks....' They were the ones fuelling the panic!! It was amazing to watch.

I have no doubt, during the talk of Russian involvement in the election, Fox would have been Russia, Russia, Russia, until the viewers were sick of hearing it.

I do admit, the sets are nice and colourful, and the presenters are very attractive.........

Old 09-05-2017, 04:39 AM

5,849 posts, read 6,926,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
A few years ago I was in Las Vegas on holiday. It was during the ebola crisis in Africa. I seem to remember one person had been discovered suffering with the virus in America.

I was in the US for two weeks, and every day we turned on the telly to watch the news as we prepared to go out. All Fox News talked about was ebola. I mean continuous. It was scare mongering of the most obnoxious kind.

Towards the end of our stay, the talk on Fox turned more to 'don't panic folks....' They were the ones fuelling the panic!! It was amazing to watch.

I have no doubt, during the talk of Russian involvement in the election, Fox would have been Russia, Russia, Russia, until the viewers were sick of hearing it.

I do admit, the sets are nice and colourful, and the presenters are very attractive.........
Actually cnn is the one that is all Russia all the time. They are left leaning and openly opposing trump. Fox is trumps cheerleading channel, watch both channels on the same day and you get completely different reporting. The one thing missing from both of them is often the facts. The propaganda is now what is most important to report, not the factual news. Sad thing is that millenials have never seen news that was not like this, to them its normal. Of course most of them get thier propeganda from leftist networks like MSNBC or CNN, not Fox News. This cannot be good for democracy, all the news comes with propaganda. I hope for the sake of British democracy that your news outlets are not like this.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:08 AM

22,260 posts, read 5,510,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Actually cnn is the one that is all Russia all the time. They are left leaning and openly opposing trump. Fox is trumps cheerleading channel, watch both channels on the same day and you get completely different reporting. The one thing missing from both of them is often the facts. The propaganda is now what is most important to report, not the factual news. Sad thing is that millenials have never seen news that was not like this, to them its normal. Of course most of them get thier propeganda from leftist networks like MSNBC or CNN, not Fox News. This cannot be good for democracy, all the news comes with propaganda. I hope for the sake of British democracy that your news outlets are not like this.
No, our news is very differently presented than US news. My impression, watching American news, is that it's all about sensationalism..... you know, stopping the audience turning the channel over. As I said, the presenters are very attractive, and the sets pleasing to the eye.

Now, I would think the Donald is giving telly news in America plenty to talk about. Like you say, it's all about the presentation, and the political leanings of a particular news channel. What people really want is the truth. Or do they? What did Jack Nicholson say in a movie......"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth..."

Do any of us get the real truth in television news? I like to think the BBC presents the truth as best it can. But some seem to think even the BBC has lost it's way. I tend to believe what I hear on the BBC, but perhaps I am naive.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:02 AM

6,770 posts, read 7,494,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
hannity is a batpoop crazy loon
i think hes just a principal free shill who is willing to do the bidding of whatever tycoon wants him to carry water

hes awful to listen to though , i used to enjoy bill o reilly now and again but hannity has no charisma at all IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom