Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 10:11 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,721,261 times

Advertisements

I looked again at the heading of this thread... and wonder what the OP was really thinking while posting... is it Meghans an

actress who has done some racy parts or that shes part black. one way or another it doesnt matter a jot to me or Harry or in fact the Royal family.. I think its marvellous and never saw Harry so happy...

Old 12-27-2017, 10:16 AM

36 posts, read 93,263 times
I'm a Brit in Florida and I think they look like a lovely pair together. Just like America the UK tabloids had some snide remarks. It doesn't matter as long as they are happy. It is nice to see the Royal family changing like the rest of us!

Old 12-27-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittransplant View Post
I'm a Brit in Florida and I think they look like a lovely pair together. Just like America the UK tabloids had some snide remarks. It doesn't matter as long as they are happy. It is nice to see the Royal family changing like the rest of us!
just a load of racist horrors who think different. even if they try to veil it with silly questions on a forum. get a life ..

Old 12-27-2017, 11:17 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,112,359 times
Very pleased for them both, even though I am not a Royalist.

It will send shivers down the spine of the Establishment of course, but then again they didn't like Diana Spencer for being a commoner, but the People loved her.

Oh and of course the media - especially the RW tabloids will be watching her every move and hounding her much like Diana. But I am pretty sure most of us "ordinary" folk will love her and welcome her to the Royal bussom

Old 12-27-2017, 05:15 PM

506 posts, read 509,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I looked again at the heading of this thread... and wonder what the OP was really thinking while posting... is it Meghans an

actress who has done some racy parts or that shes part black. one way or another it doesnt matter a jot to me or Harry or in fact the Royal family.. I think its marvellous and never saw Harry so happy...
It's because she's not British and a commoner, plus she is divorced. I remember reading about a big deal when Princess Margaret fell for a divorced man. But again, it was in the 1950s. We also think of traditions among royalty. That's why I asked that question. Is it a big deal that Megan doesn't "fit" the "typical" marriage to royalty?

Old 12-28-2017, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post
It's because she's not British and a commoner, plus she is divorced. I remember reading about a big deal when Princess Margaret fell for a divorced man. But again, it was in the 1950s. We also think of traditions among royalty. That's why I asked that question. Is it a big deal that Megan doesn't "fit" the "typical" marriage to royalty?
I think they saw what happened to Princess Margaret after her breakup with Townsend and how she turned quickly to another man and married quickly.. the of course it was a disaster and she ended up drink dependant..although she could have gave up being a princess to marry Townsend so it was her choice......Her and Townsend made a pact before they split that neither would ever marry but he moved on fast for a lovely lookalike to Margaret girl and married.... The Royal family saw the impact it had on Margarets health and when Diana entered into it all they had to make changes..... Im all for it and think its great... Meghan makes Harry happy.. and they seem a good match with what theyre trying to achieve with charities..

Old 12-29-2017, 11:55 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,056,381 times
Quote:
Star the Pippa thing gave me the boaks, shes quite ordinary and has nippy eyes like her mother , I didnt get the sexy bum thing in the bridesmaids dress at all or that she outsone her beautiful sister. load of media tosh...
Lol, that sounds like something Prince Philip would say!

Old 12-29-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Lol, that sounds like something Prince Philip would say!
aye true hahahaha

Old 12-29-2017, 05:58 PM

14,735 posts, read 14,995,043 times
Quote:
Star the Pippa thing gave me the boaks, shes quite ordinary and has nippy eyes like her mother , I didnt get the sexy bum thing in the bridesmaids dress at all or that she outsone her beautiful sister. load of media tosh...
I just have to ask because it sounds interesting. What are nippy eyes?

Old 12-30-2017, 12:14 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,433,444 times
Who cares, how does the Prince feel about her is all that matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.