Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2018, 06:34 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,386,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Oh, that will be a very exciting day for you! A tea length dress? I don't know but I'm thinking a sophisticated, sleek sort of thing, not an especially feminine dress. Probably in off white since this is not her first marriage. I guessed almost 100% correctly Kate's dress beforehand and I loved what she wore but I'm not so sure this time.

I don't know what a tv star would wear. Or a second marriage dress. I hope she keeps it somewhat modest since it is for royalty and she is no longer some Hollywood star who needs to show off her sexuality. I don't like high necklines on wedding dresses yet she doesn't need to show off her boobs either. Or even bare arms. The lacy feminine style that suited Kate wouldn't suit her. She'll wear something more modern, stylish, sleek, smart. I can't wait and hope it's on tv over here.
I think royal wedding dresses are required to have sleeves, so no worry.

Before she met Harry, Meghan was interviewed about the wedding scene she did for her series "Suits" and the interviewer asked her about wedding dresses.

Meghan Quote: "I have the luxury of wearing beautiful pieces of clothing every day for work, so my personal style—wedding or not—is very pared down and relaxed. Classic and simple is the name of the game, perhaps with a modern twist. I personally prefer wedding dresses that are whimsical or subtly romantic. Delphine Manivet and Christos Costarellos are faves of mine for their uniqueness and beauty. And I will always be a fan of Ellie Saab. J. Mendel is spectacular as well, especially for more structural designs."

Old 04-29-2018, 06:56 PM

26,650 posts, read 28,557,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I think royal wedding dresses are required to have sleeves, so no worry.

Before she met Harry, Meghan was interviewed about the wedding scene she did for her series "Suits" and the interviewer asked her about wedding dresses.

Meghan Quote: "I have the luxury of wearing beautiful pieces of clothing every day for work, so my personal style—wedding or not—is very pared down and relaxed. Classic and simple is the name of the game, perhaps with a modern twist. I personally prefer wedding dresses that are whimsical or subtly romantic. Delphine Manivet and Christos Costarellos are faves of mine for their uniqueness and beauty. And I will always be a fan of Ellie Saab. J. Mendel is spectacular as well, especially for more structural designs."
I'm not familiar with designers but there are some clues there, thanks. Another clue was a picture of her favorite wedding dress and it was a plain little silk thing, extremely simple. Probably she'd need something more elaborate though, in this case.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:05 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,467,743 times
I think Meghan Markle is gorgeous. On the other hand, I don't think I'll ever forgive Harry for getting Markle off Suits.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:25 AM

18,503 posts, read 18,648,263 times
I see Meghan with a slightly off the shoulder.. the hussy ahaha but with long sleeves nipped in tightly maybe with a bow at waist and a beautiful veil.. in fact I see the veil the main focus..

Old 05-07-2018, 03:08 AM

2,518 posts, read 5,338,498 times
Personally, no interest, nor have I heard anyone mention her, but the newspapers and celebrity magazines are loving the upcoming wedding, because they hope it will increase their sales.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:25 AM

13,566 posts, read 9,982,990 times
I've not given it much thought. I just hope she'll be able to fit in with how the Royal Family do things.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:16 AM

I cant wait... planning my day and dont want anyone phoning or visiting while the weddings on tv..

Old 05-07-2018, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'm not familiar with designers but there are some clues there, thanks. Another clue was a picture of her favorite wedding dress and it was a plain little silk thing, extremely simple. Probably she'd need something more elaborate though, in this case.
It wont be plain as I had thought too by what she had said earlier, seems its heavily encrusted by Ralph and russo.. maybe the one with the flowing sleeves that drag behind like a veil.... https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...d-russo-brand/

Old 05-08-2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerohedge View Post
It won't last
How sad ..

Old 05-08-2018, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post
Being engaged to Prince Harry?
YOU havent said how you feel... strange... Im delighted, lovely lady and they look so happy together..Cant wait to see their beautiful babies in the future... be stunners..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.