Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 04:01 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Remove the royal title and what you're left with is a middle-aged balding former military man who doesn't have a regular job and who has had mental health struggles. How does a husband like that benefit a TV drama actress?

As for exotic, I was surprised at how much Meghan looks like her mother. Is her mother exotic looking?

You left out that PH is *loaded*.

Not Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos or that type of money, but never the less he won't be in any danger of going on relief anytime soon.

Also had you bothered to research the subject Prince Harry has lamented fact no one will hire him (just as he went on about how "no one" wanted him for a husband); due to his royal status.

Basically due to RF obligations he cannot have a strict 9-5 job like some of the lesser members of that family. As fifth in line to the throne the prince does have some responsibilities and duties to his country which he takes very seriously.

As for "balding", just get over yourself. Pick any one; Donald Trump, Tom Cruise, George Clooney, etc... and if you remove the *rug* you'll find various states of hair loss. Jeff Bezos and other men simply shave their heads and be done with things. None of which lowers their value in the marital market.

Finally again, if you had bothered to research Prince Harry became quite fit in months prior to wedding. The man after all was in the forces and knows a bit about such things. My guess is besides public image the duke is preparing to keep up with the children he plans (hopes) to breed of his duchess.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:07 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I thought it was mean to call her that because it suggested that she had no self-respect.

It came out later that William had told her that she was "The One", but they would have to wait a while for an official engagement and wedding because of his training.

What was she supposed to do? She couldn't divulge their private discussions. She wasn't actually waiting for him to make up his mind because he already had.

I don't see her as someone who wouldn't advocate for herself or put up with uncertainty. God knows, that one stretch of time when they broke up, she went out on the town and had fun . . . with the paparazzi photos to prove it! William went running back to her and the rest is history.

Kate has game.
I simply saw the humor in the nickname. I didn't say I thought it was particularly accurate. I just thought it was funny. Clearly she had staying power!

For the record, I think she and William and their children are charming.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:09 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Basically due to RF obligations he cannot have a strict 9-5 job like some of the lesser members of that family. As fifth in line to the throne the prince does have some responsibilities and duties to his country which he takes very seriously.
Sorry to be picky, but I notice you keep saying that Harry is 5th in line. He is 6th in line...

1st Charles
2nd Wiliam
3rd George
4th Charlotte
5th Louis
6th Harry

He will move back up to 5th on the sad day HM passes, assuming William and Catherine have no more children.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Sorry to be picky, but I notice you keep saying that Harry is 5th in line. He is 6th in line...

1st Charles
2nd Wiliam
3rd George
4th Charlotte
5th Louis
6th Harry

He will move back up to 5th on the sad day HM passes, assuming William and Catherine have no more children.

Yes, totally forgot about the new arrival to the Cambridge household.

Which makes all this fuss about PH wedding even more bizarre.

If he wasn't child of the late Diana, Princess of Wales (and all what comes from that sad saga), among a few other things one wonders why the British government and RF pushed to have a royal spectacle instead of the quiet ceremony PH and the Markel woman seemed to have wanted from start.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:28 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Quote:
instead of the quiet ceremony PH and the Markel woman seemed to have wanted from start.
I don't recall ever hearing they wanted a quiet ceremony (or a small ceremony). As he's the son of the next King of England and only brother to the king after the next one, I don't think he had any expectations of a small quiet wedding. In fact his and Markle's planning from the get-go was to involve the public as much as possible.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I don't recall ever hearing they wanted a quiet ceremony (or a small ceremony). As he's the son of the next King of England and only brother to the king after the next one, I don't think he had any expectations of a small quiet wedding. In fact his and Markle's planning from the get-go was to involve the public as much as possible.

Go back and read early coverage after the engagement was announced.

PH and the Markel woman wanted a "quiet" ceremony some place without a lot of fuss. Likely influenced by the (then) unknown reaction by the C of E and others to the Markel woman's age and being a divorcee. Also again in theory things say otherwise, but practically PH is no longer has a shot at the throne.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:42 PM

They went pretty big in their own way. The addition of lots of celebrities added to the spectacle (Oprah, the Clooneys, the Beckhams, etc.) And all of the big celebs were invited to the intimate dinner for 200, which was interesting since they (or at least MM) left closer or friends known better and longer off the list.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
They went pretty big in their own way. The addition of lots of celebrities added to the spectacle (Oprah, the Clooneys, the Beckhams, etc.) And all of the big celebs were invited to the intimate dinner for 200, which was interesting since they (or at least MM) left closer or friends known better and longer off the list.

Am not always impressed by guest lists heavy on celebs; many of these people will go anywhere where there is free PR, food and booze. There are worse ways to spend a Saturday morning or weekday evening, none of which will get you tons of free publicity.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:20 PM

I didn't know the Clooneys were friends of either PH or MM (did you)? Or Oprah? Or the Beckhams? It seemed contrived having some of the celebs there and not, for instance, the people MM worked with for 7 yrs and became close to over those years (her fellow Suits stars who were invited to the wedding). It indicates who they want to hang out with going forward.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I didn't know the Clooneys were friends of either PH or MM (did you)? Or Oprah? Or the Beckhams? It seemed contrived having some of the celebs there and not, for instance, the people MM worked with for 7 yrs and became close to over those years (her fellow Suits stars who were invited to the wedding). It indicates who they want to hang out with going forward.

What is it with the RF and Elton John? Know he (re) wrote Candle in the Wind for funeral of Diana, the Princess of Wales, but still; does that mean he's invited to every RF do for life?

As for Oprah, there are rumors going about that some sort of "dirt" will be spilled about how badly abused the Markel woman was/is by certain persons.
https://www.bustle.com/p/is-oprah-fr...edding-9139410

Mrs. George Clooney apparently had known/been friends with MM for some time, so there you are.

Personally don't think MM will be source of much if any trouble in future. However that family including mother and father and a few siblings are another story. It could be Fergie all over again with various pay for blabbing deals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom