Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,030,941 times

Advertisements

The United Kingdom has been ranked as one of the most stable and prosperous countries in the world, in a global assessment of every nation’s achievements and standards.

Britain is world's 7th most stable and prosperous nation - Times Online

Top 50: read the full list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 09:37 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,226,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
The United Kingdom has been ranked as one of the most stable and prosperous countries in the world, in a global assessment of every nation’s achievements and standards.

Britain is world's 7th most stable and prosperous nation - Times Online

Top 50: read the full list
I don't get the whole Vatican thing. Why is it such a separate entity?

I wish the media would take note of this - at the moment it's all doom and economic gloom and they're in danger of making it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:36 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,030,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH1 View Post
I don't get the whole Vatican thing. Why is it such a separate entity?

I wish the media would take note of this - at the moment it's all doom and economic gloom and they're in danger of making it a self-fulfilling prophecy.
The Vatican is an oddity - it is a real country but with no society (only employees) or commercial economy... Vatican City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your remark about 'all doom and gloom' is exactly why I posted this! I am sick of the UK media's attitude too; the British can be modest and self-deprecating to the point of cynical self-destruction!

I am not into flag waving or boasting but we should be proud of our successes, and of our beautiful towns, villages and countryside (and pubs ).

It can be a really good place to live if everyone stopped whinging and sniping and were a little more grateful for all the good things.

There. Rant over.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:09 AM

267 posts, read 1,285,378 times
What a weird survey! I mean Vatican that is excluded from most things a country deals with. Also including Monaco which has the most multi-millionaires than anywhere else in the world seems a bit strange as of course Monaco invests a lot of money in infrasture but only via property taxes from 7 figure homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom