Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 12:44 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,426,002 times

Advertisements

We have joined an attack on Syria, with US and French forces. I agree we need to deter the use of chemical weapons. We are not sure if there was a chemical attack, or who was responsible for it.

Assad is, along with his Russian and Iranian allies, on the verge of victory in the long civil war. It doesn't make sense to provoke the international community with the use of chemical weapons.

We have made many mistakes in the Muslim world in recent years. Our list of dead and badly injured soldiers is long. I feel it is a quagmire out there, and we need to keep out of it. Overthrowing Saddam just led to more death and conflict. Assad is a brutal man, who came down heavily on civil unrest, which led to this war within Syria.

He was on the verge of defeat, then the Russians stepped in, and reversed the course of the civil war. Syria is in their backyard, and it is in their national interest to keep Assad in power. We need to tread carefully, and avoid conflict with Russia. Trump seems determined to provoke the Russian bear for his own reasons. We need to be careful not to be labelled America's poodle again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfIgjXlX6Jg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 01:02 AM

14 posts, read 16,180 times
3 bloody terrorists killing millions people in the middle east and across a globe. They can do nothing except this. God save Syria and the other civil world!

Old 04-14-2018, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene83 View Post
3 bloody terrorists killing millions people in the middle east and across a globe. They can do nothing except this. God save Syria and the other civil world!
Your post is a little confusing. I think you are saying America, France and the UK are killing folks in the Middle East. How many people have Russia killed in Syria propping up your boy Assad?

I agree Syria is in Russia's backyard, and is of concern to Russia. How many did Russia kill in Afghanistan? Killing isn't just a thing Western governments do.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:13 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
I think we should just give the kurds and ukrainains heavy weaponory.

I am more considered about the south china sea.

We don't need the middle east. THe US is an energy producers now. Need to wean europe off russian oil and gas.

Also, who is going to take assad's place? Look how libya and iraq turned out.

You can't tame savages. Jihadis will always be barbarians. THere needs to be a strategy to reromanize all Mediterranean countries probably through social media. Send all the bible thumping missionaries there and let them spread jesus. This tame them like european imperialists tamed africa.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:15 AM

14 posts, read 16,180 times
Russian troops eliminates only terrorists and russia is the only country who really does it. I would prefer to discuss Irak and Livia where more then 1.5 millions people were destroyed by those 3 bloody terrorists.
Now i even do not want to speak on this terror language

Old 04-14-2018, 02:42 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,492,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Your post is a little confusing. I think you are saying America, France and the UK are killing folks in the Middle East. How many people have Russia killed in Syria propping up your boy Assad?

I agree Syria is in Russia's backyard, and is of concern to Russia. How many did Russia kill in Afghanistan? Killing isn't just a thing Western governments do.
Yes, every did deserves blame. I don't think either Assad or the Rebels are innocent, and likely have both committed atrocities. The biggest question to answer is how such a response is supposed to solve anything. Whichever party is responsible is going to continue doing what they do.

The poster you are replying to is obviously a troll. You can easily tell from the stupidity of their post.

The fact that you recognize Russia and Assad's culpability in the matter is admirable, instead of just pinning it down to one faction.

Old 04-14-2018, 02:46 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,492,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene83 View Post
Russian troops eliminates only terrorists and russia is the only country who really does it. I would prefer to discuss Irak and Livia where more then 1.5 millions people were destroyed by those 3 bloody terrorists.
Now i even do not want to speak on this terror language

Here's some sound advice. Get off your computer, go out to get some fresh air and drink some vodka. You might be better off for it. Best thing of all, no one will be using any terrorist language near you.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Yes, every did deserves blame. I don't think either Assad or the Rebels are innocent, and likely have both committed atrocities. The biggest question to answer is how such a response is supposed to solve anything. Whichever party is responsible is going to continue doing what they do.

The poster you are replying to is obviously a troll. You can easily tell from the stupidity of their post.

The fact that you recognize Russia and Assad's culpability in the matter is admirable, instead of just pinning it down to one faction.
The whole situation in Syria is an awful mess. Assad, like his brutal father, has come down hard. When in difficulty, the Russians and Iranian's ensured he didn't fall.

At the beginning of this civil war, it was just Syrian citizens demanding more freedom, and rights. Assad came down hard on them, and I guess those folks are long dead.

Surely, we have learned some lessons from Iraq? The USA seem to want rid of Assad, but who would replace him? Have they a puppet ready? I don't see any sign of one.

There is no democracy to build there, and we need to keep out of it. This attack is just symbolic, and will change nothing.

This is Russia's backyard, and they don't want another unstable Muslim ****hole to worry about. Us interfering, can only make major conflict with Russia more likely. Syria isn't worth that.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:29 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,862 times
Bare minimum air strikes gives everyone the chance to safe face.
But what's the alternative to Assad ? Without Russia Syria would now be in the hands of ISIS.
One thing is for sure - Obama's failure to act on his red lines destabilised the Middle East even more and allowed Putin his chance to assert control in the area.
Quite why everyone thinks Obama was a great president is beyond me - his foreign policy was an unmitigated disaster.
But try telling that to the liberal US media and his sycophantic cretins in Hollywood.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:45 AM

27,146 posts, read 13,434,325 times
It's most likely that any attack will involve chemical weapon storage, airfield runways and other such infrastructure such as radar and communications. This is what happened last time and we won't be putting boots on the ground.

Hopefully Theresa May is listening to the cool heads ar Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) and Chatham House on the issue.

Whether it's a good idea is debatable, however no one likes to see civilians including innocent women and children targeted with Chemical Weapons and this is not the first time this has happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom