Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 01:33 PM

506 posts, read 509,719 times

Advertisements

What are their opinions about Prince Charles? If they could vote, would they rather have Prince William as king instead of Charles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 01:34 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Good question...I've wondered too.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:40 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times
I’m going in a few weeks, so I’ll ask. My opinion is that tradition trumps everything, and unless Charles dies young, which isnt likely, William will not be king for 20 years.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:42 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m going in a few weeks, so I’ll ask. My opinion is that tradition trumps everything, and unless Charles dies young, which isnt likely, William will not be king for 20 years.
Have a fun trip....(hope it's vacation...)

Old 04-21-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Have a fun trip....(hope it's vacation...)
Thanks...bucket list trip.

Old 04-21-2018, 02:10 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
Thanks...bucket list trip.
Have fun! My favorite place to go, not that I get the chance very often.

My husband is British and he's always saying that Prince Charles has done a lot for England. It has to do with the environment and preserving historic architecture when the PTB would try to demolish nice old buildings to put up some cheap ugly junk.

But mostly he and the other Brits I know practically wish the monarchy would go away. It takes a lot of taxpayer money. We, on the other side of the pond, make a lot out of it but the Brits seem to mostly find them irritating.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Have fun! My favorite place to go, not that I get the chance very often.

My husband is British and he's always saying that Prince Charles has done a lot for England. It has to do with the environment and preserving historic architecture when the PTB would try to demolish nice old buildings to put up some cheap ugly junk.

But mostly he and the other Brits I know practically wish the monarchy would go away. It takes a lot of taxpayer money. We, on the other side of the pond, make a lot out of it but the Brits seem to mostly find them irritating.
Prince Charles is my age. The poor guy was raised old school, and it is not his fault. The fact that his contemporaries cannot relate to him is the fault of his upbringing. I see him as a victim. If there is a cosmic reason for everything, it explains why he married Diana and that their sons who will bring the monarchy into modern times.

Imagine if he had originally married Camilla, and they had the usual ugly British stodgy children?

FYI, dh and I are British too.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:28 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Prince Charles is my age. The poor guy was raised old school, and it is not his fault. The fact that his contemporaries cannot relate to him is the fault of his upbringing. I see him as a victim. If there is a cosmic reason for everything, it explains why he married Diana and that their sons who will bring the monarchy into modern times.

Imagine if he had originally married Camilla, and they had the usual ugly British stodgy children?

I once saw a TV segment about Charles, and the narrator described him as a man who was raised to be a king in a world where there are no longer any kings.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:09 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:

The children of Britain are looking forward to seeing you too!

Old 04-21-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The children of Britain are looking forward to seeing you too!
Yes, that was sort of mean. You must admit, there needs to be better dentistry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom