Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 01:18 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,912,532 times

Advertisements

Since when is the point of the grandchildren's wives to make the Queen smile?

Isn't the real point about the prince touring the middle east right now?

O ****, is this like democrats and republicans? in your head ... Eh?
Might this be a "get your **** together" moment?

Is the British Family detouring manipulative actresses. Oh good heavens, a 35+ years old English Royal hollywood tart settling in with Harry?

Last edited by Lieneke; 06-25-2018 at 02:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2018, 05:33 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,472,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
Absolutely...all city data people would be invited! Mrs. Bucket will be rolling in her grave though. The Markle siblings are her worst nightmare!
That's BOO- KAYYYYYYYY.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Thanks, Chloe.

I should clarify one thing. The brother called Meghan to ask for help dealing with the press for himself. They were all over him.

I don't know if he asked about their father.

It's just such an insult to reach out for help, only to hear from a lawyer that your own sister doesn't know you. Actually he said it was a conversation between his lawyer and her lawyer. Meghan's lawyer relayed Meghan's words that she didn't really know him.
And my question is this - do we have this story from any source more reliable than the brother? Because he doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the barn. Or the most stable person for that matter.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
I think that she didn't invite more family members because she could not rely upon them to not sell their "stories" and photographs to the press. That doesn't make her narcissistic; it makes her smart.
I agree with this.

Look, I don't know about the uncles, but I do know that her immediate family, with the sole exception of her mom, seems to be quite flaky. And it would seem weird not to invite immediate family but to invite extended family. I as well might just say "Oh to hell with it, you all just stay your butts home. This event is not about you."

Old 06-25-2018, 05:56 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,381,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

And my question is this - do we have this story from any source more reliable than the brother? Because he doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the barn. Or the most stable person for that matter.
Photo of e-mails back and forth between her brother and his lawyer:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/...-markle-153334

Old 06-25-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Look, I don't know about the uncles, but I do know that her immediate family, with the sole exception of her mom, seems to be quite flaky. And it would seem weird not to invite immediate family but to invite extended family. I as well might just say "Oh to hell with it, you all just stay your butts home. This event is not about you."
I said it before and I'll say it again . . .

If I was the uncle who got her the internship at the embassy, she would be dead to me. And from what I read, it wasn't easy for him to secure that internship for her.

In light of the fact that Meg has used the American Embassy internship in her PR and it's in her Kensington Palace bio, her behavior toward her uncle is rich.

I don't think anyone would have thought it weird for her not to invite the toxic sister and still invite the uncles. The sister sealed her own reputation in stone by speaking against Meghan the minute she was engaged, so no one would have judged Meghan on that score.

The brother was all compliments until Meghan denied knowing him. I understand why he snapped, though it would have been better if he had just decided Meghan was dead to him too.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:52 AM

Here's the commentary from Meghan's uncle.

"Last night Michael, 78, who had a distinguished 19-year US government career, told The Mail on Sunday how he helped Meghan get a job at the American embassy in Argentina in 2001 when she was just 20 – a position she later boasted about in interviews.

‘I knew the ambassador and I asked him if he could help, as her application was a little on the late side,’ he said. ‘That’s why I don’t understand why she has been so indifferent towards me. It’s uncalled for. I helped her out and I didn’t ask for anything in return.

‘I’m upset and surprised about not being selected but if they don’t want me there, then I don’t want to go.

‘This whole invitation thing has not been played out very well. I never did anything to embarrass Meghan. It seems to me they handled the arrangements poorly.

‘It was not well thought-out because no Markles I know are going to the wedding, although you’d expect the bride’s father to be there. I’m disappointed, but I hope she has a good wedding.’

Michael’s daughter Trish Gallop, 58, added: ‘People usually invite their families to weddings, whether they are close or not. I would have loved to have given her my best wishes. We as a family are very saddened that we won’t be there to witness her beautiful celebration.’"

More close family are left off Meghan Markle's wedding guest list | Daily Mail Online

It's almost like they don't realize that you have to be David & Victoria Beckham to rate an invite! Victoria Beckham remarked that "Meghan seem like a genuinely lovely woman . . . " SEEMS like? Ah, she doesn't even know her.

She also didn't invite her mother's relatives, who never said a word to the press except to confirm they weren't invited.

Also just read elsewhere that Meghan was very close to one of the daughters of her toxic sister and had showed her on her Instagram feed before and tweeted about her. Why wasn't she invited? She has several cousins who weren't invited.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:46 PM

937 posts, read 739,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Here's the commentary from Meghan's uncle.

"Last night Michael, 78, who had a distinguished 19-year US government career, told The Mail on Sunday how he helped Meghan get a job at the American embassy in Argentina in 2001 when she was just 20 – a position she later boasted about in interviews.

‘I knew the ambassador and I asked him if he could help, as her application was a little on the late side,’ he said. ‘That’s why I don’t understand why she has been so indifferent towards me. It’s uncalled for. I helped her out and I didn’t ask for anything in return.

‘I’m upset and surprised about not being selected but if they don’t want me there, then I don’t want to go.

‘This whole invitation thing has not been played out very well. I never did anything to embarrass Meghan. It seems to me they handled the arrangements poorly.

‘It was not well thought-out because no Markles I know are going to the wedding, although you’d expect the bride’s father to be there. I’m disappointed, but I hope she has a good wedding.’

Michael’s daughter Trish Gallop, 58, added: ‘People usually invite their families to weddings, whether they are close or not. I would have loved to have given her my best wishes. We as a family are very saddened that we won’t be there to witness her beautiful celebration.’"

More close family are left off Meghan Markle's wedding guest list | Daily Mail Online

It's almost like they don't realize that you have to be David & Victoria Beckham to rate an invite! Victoria Beckham remarked that "Meghan seem like a genuinely lovely woman . . . " SEEMS like? Ah, she doesn't even know her.

She also didn't invite her mother's relatives, who never said a word to the press except to confirm they weren't invited.

Also just read elsewhere that Meghan was very close to one of the daughters of her toxic sister and had showed her on her Instagram feed before and tweeted about her. Why wasn't she invited? She has several cousins who weren't invited.
Well these are all the red flags to me for some level of narcissism. It means you have completely discounted everyone in your entire family on both sides except for your mother as being unworthy and too lowly to attend your wedding. You have placed your mother in the position of attending the event all by herself.

No two ways about it. Red flags.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:10 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,986,475 times
Maybe she thought only inviting her mother and father would avoid creating hard feelings between extended family members.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Maybe she thought only inviting her mother and father would avoid creating hard feelings between extended family members.
Then Harry should have done the same with his extended family, because it looks like only Meghan's family wasn't good enough to rate an invitation.

And it looks like celebrities were deemed more worthy of an invitation than her family.

It doesn't look good, period.

The hosts on Good Morning Britain devoted lots of time to the question of why on earth there was NO ONE from Meghan's family at her HUGE wedding aside from her mother. They couldn't fathom her mother sitting there all alone, looking a bit sad. And her mother had relatives on her side who weren't invited either.

Meghan could have invited them all (minus the toxic sister) and none of this drama would have happened. She created her own PR fiasco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom