Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 02:50 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times

Advertisements

Due in court later today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 02:56 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Due in court later today.
I just saw that on the BBC news page Roscoe. Interesting.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:02 AM

Without commenting on the case itself the ramifications for the SNP are interesting.
Salmond has been urging going for IndyRef2 whereas Sturgeon reads the polls and knows there is still no majority for it.
It'll be interesting to see what comes out of this.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:26 AM

Alex has been charged with two attempted rapes, nine of sexual assault, two of indecent assault, and one breach of the peace.

Outside court he said, he is innocent of any criminality, and he would defend himself to the utmost.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:43 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,140 times
Like everyone else here I am in the same basic boat as we are all in the kind of passing dark but I am going to say this. Have never been a Salmond supporter nor any time for the party he represented but i should remind everyone that after going to Court on legal issues being noised about and that he won I am to be blunt feel this is a load of cobblers that he was involved in such stuff. Didn't he resign from the SNP lot following the mishandling of the previous things raised?

That silly and boring Sturgeon woman has made comments about another referendum on independence (groan) stating that is what Scots want. No it isn't and polls indicate the same but she has been pressed into making such daft statements due to internal party pressures. Although I do not favour Salmond I do have a sneaking feeling he is being wrongly accused.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
Like everyone else here I am in the same basic boat as we are all in the kind of passing dark but I am going to say this. Have never been a Salmond supporter nor any time for the party he represented but i should remind everyone that after going to Court on legal issues being noised about and that he won I am to be blunt feel this is a load of cobblers that he was involved in such stuff. Didn't he resign from the SNP lot following the mishandling of the previous things raised?

That silly and boring Sturgeon woman has made comments about another referendum on independence (groan) stating that is what Scots want. No it isn't and polls indicate the same but she has been pressed into making such daft statements due to internal party pressures. Although I do not favour Salmond I do have a sneaking feeling he is being wrongly accused.
Fortunately it will be a jury of his peers and not someone on the internet who has yet to hear a shred of evidence who will decide whether he is innocent or guilty of the 14 charges.

Old 01-25-2019, 02:59 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
No one knows what the truth is, wise not to soeculate

My sister worked behind the scenes on a tribunal investigating police corruption, because her boss was so close to the police,the certainty of guilt of one fall guy cop rubbed off on her and she was sure that the nan was guilty of what his police colleagues tried to stitch him up on, after years of tribunals and the sacking of two commissioners, the accused received an apology from the state itself and is now viewed as a hero for exposing wrongdoing.

Point being that baseless rumours can be turned into absolute truth quite quickly

Old 01-25-2019, 03:47 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
My husband was just recently on the jury for an abuse trial and said it was so harrowing for the women giving evidence that he now understands why some women dont go to the police in the first place.........Where Mr Salmond is guilty or not I dont know I dont like the man or his party but that has nothing to do with if I feel or think he might be guilty of these crimes...There seems to be a lot of complaints though against him which doesnt feel good..

Old 01-25-2019, 05:00 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Although I sare very different views to Salmond, there shoulds be no trial by media and he is innocent until proven guilty, which in a criminal court of law means beyond any reasonable doubt.

I personally will reserve any judgement regarding the case until he has been affoirded a fair trial.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Although I sare very different views to Salmond, there shoulds be no trial by media and he is innocent until proven guilty, which in a criminal court of law means beyond any reasonable doubt.

I personally will reserve any judgement regarding the case until he has been affoirded a fair trial.
Yes same here. I always have thought he is an unpleasant man, but that has nothing to do with his court case. He is innocent until proven guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom